ATXDave

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX
I have a '23 Outer Banks coming at the end of the year. If and when anyone gets a '23 Outer Banks, let me know if the cup holder is lit or not. I really want this and will order one to install myself if necessary.
It doesn’t. No thermostat knob readouts either. It does have the memory seat/setting features though.
Sponsored

Northwoodz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Broco Sport
Did anyone ever figure out how and where to tap in, to make this work when no wiring or pigtail is present? I've been following this thread to see if anyone was successful. Unless I missed something I have not seen an answer.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Did anyone ever figure out how and where to tap in, to make this work when no wiring or pigtail is present? I've been following this thread to see if anyone was successful. Unless I missed something I have not seen an answer.
Not Yet! My '23 OBX is scheduled to be delivered between 6 and 12 January. I'm buying the illuminated cup holder I need from Jenbeth a member of this forum. I'll be installing it after that and will do a write up if I'm successful.

Tbaker1399

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Fusion, 2023 BS ordered
We bought the ‘23 Outer Banks. We have blue ambient light in door handles and under dash/over floorboard. Is there a way to get it in the phone cubby and cup holders in the 2023? Like anyone know how & where to wire it in?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We bought the ‘23 Outer Banks. We have blue ambient light in door handles and under dash/over floorboard. Is there a way to get it in the phone cubby and cup holders in the 2023? Like anyone know how & where to wire it in?
I also have a '23 OBX. There are several threads on this forum about this. For the cupholders folks are buying Escape cupholders and installing them. On the newer cars like ours there is no wiring. When my new cupholders get here I will see if I can install and wire them to one of the existing lighted switches already in the console. As far as the phone cubby, there is a simple solution. See the link below One of these light plugs right into the USB port in the cubby. It turns on and off when the car does. It almost looks like a factory install. Once and if I figure out the cupholder wiring, I will post the results.

Amazon.com: 4 Pieces Mini USB LED Light, RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Colors : Automotive

Last edited:

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I also have a '23 OBX. There are several threads on this forum about this. For the cupholders folks are buying Escape cupholders and installing them. On the newer cars like ours there is no wiring. When my new cupholders get here I will see if I can install and wire them to one of the existing lighted switches already in the console. As far as the phone cubby, there is a simple solution. See the link below One of these light plugs right into the USB port in the cubby. It turns on and off when the car does. It almost looks like a factory install. Once and if I figure out the cupholder wiring, I will post the results.

Amazon.com: 4 Pieces Mini USB LED Light, RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Colors : Automotive
I tried these. Waste of time and money. One died less than a day. I sent then back

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi ya’ll I’m new to the forum, but wanted to share a little bit of my BB experience. I got my Cactus Grey Outer Banks on December last year and noticed the cup holder wouldn’t illuminate like in other ford models. I contacted several dealers and all said the cup holder didn’t come with ambient lighting. After removal of cup holder I found wires cut and pre-set for ambient lighting, so I started my research. I ended up finding that the 2020+ Escape cup holder fits which has ambient lighting. Part #LJ6Z-7813562-FA. Now I have the full ambient lighting inside my Outer Banks and if you want to add it here it is! Attached are pics of originally equipped cup holder and the cut wires, part number, and finished product.

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting C3F790D5-7DF8-42A4-A7B9-9AC0C3C01CE1

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 9EF4FAB3-06AA-4837-BA25-30C5C42500F5

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 284D6967-5BCA-41E6-B581-2640A269AF49
How was install?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was install?
Still waiting for the cupholder to arrive from Jenbeth. I will be posting in the forum once I get it figured out. Be patient, I live in Syracuse, NY and the weather isn't the greatest right now.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting for the cupholder to arrive from Jenbeth. I will be posting in the forum once I get it figured out. Be patient, I live in Syracuse, NY and the weather isn't the greatest right now.

Got my cupholder today. I ordered a service manual w/wiring diagram. Once I get this, I'll see if I can figure out the solution. I will post results when I have them.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 20 Ford F-150, 14 Mustang GT
Got my cupholder today. I ordered a service manual w/wiring diagram. Once I get this, I'll see if I can figure out the solution. I will post results when I have them.
I would say tapping into the wire for the shifter should be enough, BUT I think it’d be better if you try and tap into the footwell lighting. As that might give you the dimming option on the cup holder lighting as well.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just received the 2022 Bronco Sport service manual DVD. It also includes wiring diagrams. If anyone else on this thread wants to help figure out a solution to this problem, let me know. I'll burn a copy of the DVD and send it to you. Maybe between all of us we can figure it out.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw that led light bar too in my OB when I installed the cup holder with ambient lighting. I was hoping the cup holder had a plug to include that but I couldn't find any such plug. Does anyone have an idea how to plug this led light bar for the phone charger area?

Buy this USB LED and plug it in. It works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Interior-Atmosphere-Decoration-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B094NKCRMK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1MY8XC1T5L3H5&keywords=usb+led+lights+for+car&qid=1674077404&sprefix=usb+lights,aps,134&sr=8-6&th=1

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello gentleman does anyone have access to the Fords Wiring harness for the Escape cup holder??? There’s 3 wires what does the electrical diagram say??? Also I need the diagram to the Sports Goat Mode Dial theres 4 wires connecting it can someone tell me the sequence of those 4 wires ????
Just bought a shop service manual. I contacted you in conversations.
Sponsored