JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 20 Ford F-150, 14 Mustang GT
Hi ya’ll I’m new to the forum, but wanted to share a little bit of my BB experience. I got my Cactus Grey Outer Banks on December last year and noticed the cup holder wouldn’t illuminate like in other ford models. I contacted several dealers and all said the cup holder didn’t come with ambient lighting. After removal of cup holder I found wires cut and pre-set for ambient lighting, so I started my research. I ended up finding that the 2020+ Escape cup holder fits which has ambient lighting. Part #LJ6Z-7813562-FA. Now I have the full ambient lighting inside my Outer Banks and if you want to add it here it is! Attached are pics of originally equipped cup holder and the cut wires, part number, and finished product.

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting C3F790D5-7DF8-42A4-A7B9-9AC0C3C01CE1

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 9EF4FAB3-06AA-4837-BA25-30C5C42500F5

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 284D6967-5BCA-41E6-B581-2640A269AF49
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Per the order guide, OBX has ambient lighting. Not sure if it's supposed to be the cup holder or not though.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Per the order guide, OBX has ambient lighting. Not sure if it's supposed to be the cup holder or not though.
At first I thought maybe since its an Outer Banks it comes without the cup holder lighting, but I went to several dealers and apparently none come with it. According to parts.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
At first I thought maybe since its an Outer Banks it comes without the cup holder lighting, but I went to several dealers and apparently none come with it. According to parts.
Is there blue footwell lighting or blue ambient anywhere else?

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there blue footwell lighting or blue ambient anywhere else?
Ambient lighting package consists of Door handle area and footwells, but I’ve had several fords and almost all if not all have the cup holder lighting too. As to why I started questioning why the BB didn’t have it.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
So, were the wires in the original cupholder there but cut? Apparently, there must be a place to plug in the lighting in the harness (as you would expect)? If the wires were just cut in the cupholder, were the lights actually there and just not powered?

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
So, were the wires in the original cupholder there but cut? Apparently, there must be a place to plug in the lighting in the harness (as you would expect)? If the wires were just cut in the cupholder, were the lights actually there and just not powered?
My questions exactly.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't anyone just use candles anymore?
The connector and wire was there but the original cup holder doesn’t have the ambient lighting. Once I got the cup holder I ordered I hooked it up and it worked. So yes there is power to it but the original holder just has the wires cut and no lights.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Is the wired connection there only for the Outer Banks trim, or is it found in other trims as well? Wondering if this will work for my Badlands.

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
The connector and wire was there but the original cup holder doesn’t have the ambient lighting. Once I got the cup holder I ordered I hooked it up and it worked. So yes there is power to it but the original holder just has the wires cut and no lights.
Thank you for the info! So, it was an easy hookup? I'd like to do this with my Outer Banks.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info! So, it was an easy hookup? I'd like to do this with my Outerbanks.
No problem and yes! Just pop off the shifter trim and remove the torx screws holding the cup holder and then just re-install and done.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the wired connection there only for the Outer Banks trim, or is it found in other trims as well? Wondering if this will work for my Badlands.
I’m guessing as long as you have the ambient package it should come pre-wired like mine did. Just pop off the trim and verify. If you have the connector then just order the cup holder and it should work.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Once I get home I’ll get good pictures and do a write up on it. I got you.
Sorry no need to I got it now that I read the Entire post

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
2021 OBX I believe built in December 21 in Mexico. Cup holder lighting in addition to ambient. Per sticker, no tech upgrades other than what appeared to be, wireless charger pad as a stand alone add on.
Sponsored