Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I've been following this thread from the start. I have a '23 OBX with unlight cup holders. I purchased an Escape cupholder from a member of this forum. I just sent for and received a service manual with wiring diagrams. After looking over the wiring diagrams I think the best approach would be to splice into the passenger side footwell light. It has the same three-color coded wires (black/blue(ground), green/red, and yellow/blue). Just splice color to color and you should be good to go. I think you can just pull the glove box to get access to the footwell light wiring. You just have to fish the wiring from the cupholder to the footwell. The advantage to doing it this way is that all the lights would be on at the same time and with the same brightness. This is the way I will attempt this mod. Unfortunately, I live in Syracuse, NY and it's quite cold. My garage is heated but only maintains about 50 degrees. I won't be doing this mod, my Tectico side marker mod, or my rear bumper protector until we get much warmer weather. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 100_6557.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I've been following this thread from the start. I have a '23 OBX with unlight cup holders. I purchased an Escape cupholder from a member of this forum. I just sent for and received a service manual with wiring diagrams. After looking over the wiring diagrams I think the best approach would be to splice into the passenger side footwell light. It has the same three-color coded wires (black/blue(ground), green/red, and yellow/blue). Just splice color to color and you should be good to go. I think you can just pull the glove box to get access to the footwell light wiring. You just have to fish the wiring from the cupholder to the footwell. The advantage to doing it this way is that all the lights would be on at the same time and with the same brightness. This is the way I will attempt this mod. Unfortunately, I live in Syracuse, NY and it's quite cold. My garage is heated but only maintains about 50 degrees. I won't be doing this mod, my Tectico side marker mod, or my rear bumper protector until we get much warmer weather. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Well that sucks for me as I have No Footwell Lights on the Big Bend !!!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I have the 2021 Outer Banks and it has all ambient lighting - right from the start.
I'm not aware of any extra "luxury" packages that I ordered.

Cheers
A local Ford parts deoartment shows it listed for $16. I have to buy it for that price.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Still waiting for the cupholder to arrive from Jenbeth. I will be posting in the forum once I get it figured out. Be patient, I live in Syracuse, NY and the weather isn't the greatest right now.
This weekend I am going to poke around my 2023 Badlands and see what I can find.

Pintarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, '03 F-150 7700 Pkg
That's funny, I was just thinking about this today! I'll order the part and take a look next week, I was waiting for someone to figure out a good source to tap into. Makes sense to try the footwell light.

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Check out the wiring diagrams I sent you. You may have other options
If you’re willing, I’d be interested in seeing this as well as I have a Big Bend currently on order

shwamo83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a brand new ambient lighted cup holder assembly if any wants to buy it from me. I have 2021 BL and it doesn't have the wiring and I don't want to splice anything. Let me know if interested.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a picture of the wiring diagram from the Service Manual. The footwell wires (3) are the same color for the cup holders and footwell. It should be just a matter of splicing them. I hope the passenger side footwell light will be accessible once the glove box is removed. I'm not sure why there are 3 wires. If it were just power and ground it would be easy to tap into one of the existing lighted dials in the console. This wouldn't be the ambient lighting, but rather just normal dash and instrument lighting. I tried with a battery to get the cup holder lights to work with no luck. There must be something about that third wire I'm not understanding. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help. If anyone
wants a printed picture of this diagram send me your mailing address in conversations, and I'll mail you one.

w

Last edited:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just did the Tetico side turn signal installation. Look in that thread to see the results.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 20 Ford F-150, 14 Mustang GT
Here is a picture of the wiring diagram from the Service Manual. The footwell wires (3) are the same color for the cup holders and footwell. It should be just a matter of splicing them. I hope the passenger side footwell light will be accessible once the glove box is removed. I'm not sure why there are 3 wires. If it were just power and ground it would be easy to tap into one of the existing lighted dials in the console. This wouldn't be the ambient lighting, but rather just normal dash and instrument lighting. I tried with a battery to get the cup holder lights to work with no luck. There must be something about that third wire I'm not understanding. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help. If anyone
wants a printed picture of this diagram send me your mailing address in conversations, and I'll mail you one.

w
To me it seems like they’re constantly powered but have a trigger wire. 1 ground, 1 12v constant, and 1 accessory wire. That’s just how I see it. Might be wrong.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me it seems like they’re constantly powered but have a trigger wire. 1 ground, 1 12v constant, and 1 accessory wire. That’s just how I see it. Might be wrong.

I'm not sure. Wiring is not my strong point. I'm waiting for warmer weather before I start trying to figure it out. If you have any luck, please keep us in the loop.

Pintarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, '03 F-150 7700 Pkg
So, had a warm day where I felt like tackling the project. It turned out to be easy enough to figure out!

I'll make a detailed write-up probably tomorrow, but the gist of it was I bought some 20awg wire, wired it to the ambient light assembly under the passenger side dash, and voila! It will dim/brighten with the controls in the SYNC 3 menu.

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting IMG_20230407_185452167

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting IMG_20230407_185459413
Sponsored