Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I put mine on yesterday. I bought a set for my ordered BSBL too. Figured it was a good bet the part wasn’t added to the MY23.
Sponsored

DBL-J

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There will be something else down the line that we can't do without.

Just a matter of time.
I just installed mine as well... great small parts for exposed wire connections. Well worth the small price. Thanks for posting!

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Installed mine today. Thank you for that info. My '23 OBX was built in December and didn't have these from the factory.
Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING 100_6796.JPG

Last edited:

Sandman

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok I found one of links..

Jimen for Ford Bronco 2021-2023, for Ford Bronco Sport 2021-2023, 2PCS Tailgate Rear Window Heater Cable Cover Trim https://a.co/d/6rZ8WBP
Looked on June 19, 2023, on Amazon. Unavailable unkown when availe again.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looked on June 19, 2023, on Amazon. Unavailable unkown when availe again.
Is because when I posted the link, that Amazon source only had about a dozen and those were quickly snapped up

these are Ford Bronco specific but might fit a bronco sport (IDK)

HTHE for Ford Bronco Tailgate Rear Window Heater Cable Cover Antidust Waterproof Cover Compatible with Ford Bronco 2021+ 2/4Door
https://a.co/d/eiIig5O

OMU 2 PCS Bronco Rear Window Heater Protect Trim/Rear Windshield Defogger Cover/Rear Window Heating Wire Protective Cover Fits for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021+(Non-Destructive Installation) https://a.co/d/9Sfpk1Z

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It's funny that this same issue came up on the full size forum as well. I've never had one of the connections fail on the rear defroster and none of them have ever been covered before. I realize it's cheap insurance but are many people actually experiencing the connection breaking off?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
It's funny that this same issue came up on the full size forum as well. I've never had one of the connections fail on the rear defroster and none of them have ever been covered before. I realize it's cheap insurance but are many people actually experiencing the connection breaking off?
It's called preventative maintenance.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's called preventative maintenance.
I understand most on here are doing it as a preventative measure, I question though how many have really broken. For instance, there have been many cases of people breaking their tie rods on the full size and buying protection parts or beefier parts. I get that. But I’ve had vehicles with rear defrosters for nearly 50 years and none were covered and none were broken. Did I miss where this is a real issue? Not trying to be argumentative but I don’t see this as a big issue but if it is, I’d cover them.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I understand most on here are doing it as a preventative measure, I question though how many have really broken. For instance, there have been many cases of people breaking their tie rods on the full size and buying protection parts or beefier parts. I get that. But I’ve had vehicles with rear defrosters for nearly 50 years and none were covered and none were broken. Did I miss where this is a real issue? Not trying to be argumentative but I don’t see this as a big issue but if it is, I’d cover them.
I started this post when I had an issue with the connector bending. I know I did it somehow, but it's a piss poor design when you can snag the coiled wire accidently and possibly damage the connector or break it off. It isn't really a big issue until it breaks.

I can imagine what the cost is to replace the element if that's possible or maybe having to replace the rear window completely. $15 vs $$$.

Like Mrmike said, cheap PM. My experience made me decide to see if there was a solution to keep it from happening again.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I put them on for protection in case I inadvertently hit the connection and knocked it off. I'd rather hit the cheap cover instead and lessen the risk of breaking the connection off. Cheers!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started this post when I had an issue with the connector bending. I know I did it somehow, but it's a piss poor design when you can snag the coiled wire accidently and possibly damage the connector or break it off. It isn't really a big issue until it breaks.

I can imagine what the cost is to replace the element if that's possible or maybe having to replace the rear window completely. $15 vs $$$.

Like Mrmike said, cheap PM. My experience made me decide to see if there was a solution to keep it from happening again.
I’ll have to look to see how different the design is compared to my 2006 Escape. It’s never been a problem and that was used more are a garbage truck than a SUV but perhaps much better protected than the Sport.

They used to offer repair kits back in the day if you damaged the element but easier getting a replacement window at the junk yard. New rear windows are more expensive than most windshields as they make far fewer of them.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I’ll have to look to see how different the design is compared to my 2006 Escape. It’s never been a problem and that was used more are a garbage truck than a SUV but perhaps much better protected than the Sport.

They used to offer repair kits back in the day if you damaged the element but easier getting a replacement window at the junk yard. New rear windows are more expensive than most windshields as they make far fewer of them.
I think it’s more likely to be broken in the BS because the window can open. When it is opened you are most likely putting something in or taking something out and those connections could easily get caught. Not saying these are a 100% fix but they are better than nothing. They also look better than the exposed connections.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I noticed when the window is open there is a lot of strain on the wire and connection. Before I saw this post I noticed it’s pulling the connector apart as much as it can without it popping or breaking off.

I bought some of these but haven’t put them on yet. I really haven’t had time but I wonder if it’ll keep the connection from pulling apart.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If you unplug the coiled wire from the pin connector, you'll see that there is a small hole in it . The wire connector locks into it, so it can't unplug unless you squeeze the connector to unlock it.

I think it does put a little strain on the connection, but bending it was my concern.
Sponsored