PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Ordered a set as well, this forum is costing me the price of a Baby Bronco’s “baby.”
I see accessories I want / need and well I fold like a cheap dollar bill! Then hit the order button.
Thanks for all the valuable information.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ordered a set as well, this forum is costing me the price of a Baby Bronco’s “baby.”
I see accessories I want / need and well I fold like a cheap dollar bill! Then hit the order button.
Thanks for all the valuable information.
Gotta spend our money on something. Might as well be our vehicles.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Good find Wireman! Thank you for this tip and the purchase info. Just ordered for my '23 OBX.

Last edited:

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I just washed my BS. When I was wiping down the rear window it looked like the wiring clip wasn’t pushed in all the way.

Sure enough, I was able to push it forward. It the tension on the wire pulled it out just a bit.

My covers should be in tomorrow.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just washed my BS. When I was wiping down the rear window it looked like the wiring clip wasn’t pushed in all the way.

Sure enough, I was able to push it forward. It the tension on the wire pulled it out just a bit.

Mine came like that from the factory, pushed once 16 months ago and the connectors haven’t moved

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Did you use anything to clean it at least? An alcohol wipe or something?
Post #14, third picture shows adhesion promoter.

Does not surprise me that Ford left off a cover like this, when they leave off under dash covers, engine covers, and hood insulation covers.

But I still like the little guy.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I never had an issue with the connection. My concern was how easy the prong on the heating element, where the coiled wire connects, would bend. Bend it to many times and it will surely break off the heating element.

It's very soft metal and I bent it somehow not realizing it. That's how I ended up with the coil catching between the glass and gasket, thus a serious water leak.

Like I stated earlier, these should cost about 10 cents to make. Crazy price for what they are but it will help to keep from doing the same thing again.

Having that connector exposed isn't the best design by Ford. That window opening is fairly small and it's easy to hit them or catch the wire when putting stuff in the back IMO.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Installed mine from Amazon yesterday. Definitely good peace of mind but $15 for a couple of $.10 parts is hard to stomach. They do have to cover the cost of a mold and the labor to put all those little pieces of double sided tape on them. I'm sure this is not a high volume product for them. Just imagine how much Ford would charge for these!

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Installed mine from Amazon yesterday. Definitely good peace of mind but $15 for a couple of $.10 parts is hard to stomach. They do have to cover the cost of a mold and the labor to put all those little pieces of double sided tape on them. I'm sure this is not a high volume product for them. Just imagine how much Ford would charge for these!
We all know where these are made. Yea the middle man makes the profit here for sure. I guess these will fit the full size Bronco also so the connections must be similar.
Ford, probably at least $20.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That Amazon item is $16 less 5% plus tax
Just checked Amazon and sadly , as of now, they are sold out. Not sure if they'll get more.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just checked Amazon and sadly , as of now, they are sold out. Not sure if they'll get more.
This one is for the Ford Bronco, see if you think it’ll fit the Bronco Sport. It does not say free returns however.
HTHE for Ford Bronco Tailgate Rear Window Heater Cable Cover Antidust Waterproof Cover Compatible with Ford Bronco 2021+ 2/4Doors(2pcs,ABS,Model A) https://a.co/d/2paQUzI

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Just put mine on today. I can't believe they just left those exposed like they did. Cheers!
Sponsored