HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
I would have sworn that a few days ago I read somewhere on here a brief discussion of 2 doorness.
I can't find the Thread/Post. But, I did remember today that I was curious as to the possible look and whipped this up. A little cleaner than what I usually do. LOL
I will say that I do not hate this look!

Ford Bronco Sport 2 Door Bronco Sport Speculation sport2dr
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
As long as they keep the 4 door model too, I'm good with it.

The wife and I are expecting our first grandchild in March 2024, so our 4 door is going to be great for the times we do the grab and go from the parents!

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
I would have sworn that a few days ago I read somewhere on here a brief discussion of 2 doorness.
I can't find the Thread/Post. But, I did remember today that I was curious as to the possible look and whipped this up. A little cleaner than what I usually do. LOL

Very nice mockup! Regarding the Bronco family looks, my favorite is the 2 door 6G Bronco - it is a stunning look IMO. A close second is our 4 door BSports (a.k.a. my mini LR4). Third is the 4 door 6G Bronco - I just don't really care for how it looks, especially with a soft top.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
It looks nice. We would probably trade our 4 door for a 2 door. Reminds me of our 2 door 99 Explorer Sport.
Ford Bronco Sport 2 Door Bronco Sport Speculation 100_1635.JPG

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

Cute, but I think the short wheelbase with relatively high center of gravity would make it unstable/twitchy in highway driving. I doubt that Ford would risk the liability.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Not interested at all. Cargo capacity in the back is one of the best things about the Sport. The market for an off-road capable vehicle with not enough room for camping gear and the dog seems pretty small?

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
The market for an off-road capable vehicle with not enough room for camping gear and the dog seems pretty small?
Well, I mean, the 2dr big bronco is exactly that. As someone who drives both the sport and a 2dr 6th gen, the first thing you should do to a 2dr bronco is remove the rear seats so that there's at least some cargo room and a place for the dog. There's not much horizontal space in it.

The interior in the sport is a lot nicer/more functional. It's honestly a better vehicle for camping / etc as it comes from the factory. Better for road trips too. It's not bare bones truck, which the big bronco, even with the lux package, really is. On the flip side, you can do a lot with a big empty bare bones box of an interior, which is an advantage of the big bronco's interior.

A 2dr sport would actually be really nice. Very much a bronco II / 1st den explorer vibe, but I don't think that's bad.

But with that said, I don't see that happening, I just think it would be really cool.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Cute, but I think the short wheelbase with relatively high center of gravity would make it unstable/twitchy in highway driving. I doubt that Ford would risk the liability.
The OP created a hardtop Willys.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I like it. I probably would've bought that instead.

Someone mentioned the high center of gravity, I would assume Ford would sort that out. The height could probably drop an inch or so I think and still be roomy inside. As for the storage space, they could do like they did with the Passport... a little shorter but with the rear seats removed, overall a lot more space.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It really wouldn’t be that high IMO. My 2 door is much taller and has a 5 inch shorter wheel base than the Sport and isn’t twitchy at all on the highway. That’s one of the main benefits of the independent front suspension on the Bronco compared to a Jeep Wrangler. There is such smaller take rate as it is with the full size Bronco for the 2 door I can’t see them doing it for the Sport.
I’m from the days where most cars even the large sedans were two doors. I raised both my kids having Mustangs, Camaros, and standard cab pick-ups. I’d get it if it looked noticeable better.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Ford Bronco Sport 2 Door Bronco Sport Speculation 1701997261309

(stock pic)
having flashbacks
Mrs Kong drove the Blue Bronco II for years
Sponsored