Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

Austin704

Badlands
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I could have purchased either and chose the BSBL because it better fits my lifestyle (my actual lifestyle, not the make-believe one I was living in my head when thinking of a big Bronco). The BS is quieter, smoother, has better fit and finish, and vastly better gas mileage. Plus the cargo carrying capacity is very close to the Bronco 2DR. I still think the Bronco G6 is cool and I'd love to have one as a second vehicle but really wouldn't ever use its full off-road capability, and the fuel penalty as a grocery getter is too steep to pay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Eh, while I like the look of the Bronco, and love the manual transmission availability, I just donā€™t need a vehicle of that size so I really canā€™t justify buying one. Iā€™ll stick with my Bronco Sport Heritage Edition.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
yes i did get my answer....you are correct. (if there was no $ issue i would probably have 7 mustangs, 2 Broncos, and maybe either F150 raptor or the Ranger Raptor) but i will keep dreaming....

i still have the "car" bug...but mustangs for wife are not "practical" so "truck" would work...in any fashion. she grew up on a farm so used to trucks more than cars...
but its the prices. no problem having a 3rd vehicle but not at $50k+ just to be used once a week.

Power Man;
if that package was offered on the Badlands i would be all over that.. i am not a fan of the 1.5 and probably never will be. the MAIN reason i bought the Badlands.... 2.0 vs 1.5 (some will say there is no difference but there is)....
reason why i bought the Edge ST. we take that on vacation and it gets almost 30mpg highway....granted its 3.6L turbo but when i am merging on the highway i have no issues getting up to speed or passing in a tight situation. the power really comes in handy...
Iā€™m actually quite disappointed theyā€™re supposed to be discontinuing the Edge instead of updating it. I guess you could go made in China Nautilus. I almost bought a 2017 ST until a last minute negative change in finances dictated a used 2007 MDX instead. Even today the dealer here has a nice ST on the lot & it seems the Edge splits the difference between small & large vehicles quite nicely.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
yes i did get my answer....you are correct. (if there was no $ issue i would probably have 7 mustangs, 2 Broncos, and maybe either F150 raptor or the Ranger Raptor) but i will keep dreaming....

i still have the "car" bug...but mustangs for wife are not "practical" so "truck" would work...in any fashion. she grew up on a farm so used to trucks more than cars...
but its the prices. no problem having a 3rd vehicle but not at $50k+ just to be used once a week.

Power Man;
if that package was offered on the Badlands i would be all over that.. i am not a fan of the 1.5 and probably never will be. the MAIN reason i bought the Badlands.... 2.0 vs 1.5 (some will say there is no difference but there is)....
reason why i bought the Edge ST. we take that on vacation and it gets almost 30mpg highway....granted its 3.6L turbo but when i am merging on the highway i have no issues getting up to speed or passing in a tight situation. the power really comes in handy...
Since when does the Edge ST come with a 3.6 Turbo engine?Pretty sure those have the 2.7 Twin Turbo Eco Boost engine!!

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
blueoval,
you are correct. i had the 3.6 on my mind... i guess wishful thinking! that would be awesome!
2.7L TT.
the ST is a nice vehicle. room enough in the back for our vacation trips, and the power. the AWD is nice too in winter but i found that driving both ST and BSBL no comparison. felt more control in the BS than the ST...with that said the ST sits lower too.... i guess i can get another ST or BSBL as i stated earlier for a 3rd vehicle..... i wouldnt be making a bad choice either way....

thanks for the catch!

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
My wife and I do a 1,500-mile trip multiple times annually. May be seven or so times together or individually.

Not interested in 17 mpg highway.

My wife loves her Badlands. No way she would trade it in for Bronco.

We're Metrowest Boston. Commented to a salesman that the sticker on the lot was higher city than highway mileage. He replied, "it's a statement vehicle. It's a brick."

I don't want or need a statement vehicle.

I can get 500 miles on the trip with a tank of fuel in my '22 FE Ti 2.0 AWD. Metrowest Boston to very lower Delmarva, Cape Charles, VA.
your wife is the target demographic for the BS šŸ˜‚

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
blueoval,
you are correct. i had the 3.6 on my mind... i guess wishful thinking! that would be awesome!
2.7L TT.
the ST is a nice vehicle. room enough in the back for our vacation trips, and the power. the AWD is nice too in winter but i found that driving both ST and BSBL no comparison. felt more control in the BS than the ST...with that said the ST sits lower too.... i guess i can get another ST or BSBL as i stated earlier for a 3rd vehicle..... i wouldnt be making a bad choice either way....

thanks for the catch!
No problem i wanted to get an Edge ST but the new ones were to expensive and the used ones wouldn't have any or very little warranty left!!So i got the BSBB i would have liked the Badlands but the base price is like 6K more than the Big Bend!!And that little 2.7 Eco Boost is a great engine i had it in the 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4 i had it ran a 14.53@93 mph Bone Stock in the 1/4 mile!!
Ford Bronco Sport Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not?? IMG_0257.JPG

Reactions: MJE

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Dealership had a very, very low miles Edge ST as a trade-in when the Escape I ordered was delivered. Repeat customer that bought it didn't fit well in the front seats.

I test drove it before completing purchase of my Escape. Nice vehicle. Older platform overdue for redesign influenced my decision.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your wife is the target demographic for the BS šŸ˜‚
She won a '12 Escape Limited Hybrid at work in 2011. Had it to 2022 when my FE was delivered. BS is very much updating 2G Escape.

SBGrad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Why I would trade my Badlands for a 6G:
-body on frame
-modular bumper
-pre wired for aux switches
-low range transfer case

Why I won't trade my Badlands for a 6G
- too wide to fit in garage

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
No problem i wanted to get an Edge ST but the new ones were to expensive and the used ones wouldn't have any or very little warranty left!!So i got the BSBB i would have liked the Badlands but the base price is like 6K more than the Big Bend!!And that little 2.7 Eco Boost is a great engine i had it in the 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4 i had it ran a 14.53@93 mph Bone Stock in the 1/4 mile!!
Ford Bronco Sport Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not?? IMG_0257.JPG
I am a tad confused - are you saying the BS has the 2.7?!

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If youā€™ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
Not looking to get the big bronco but i might swap my BSBB with a BSBL or an explorer Timberland, gotta save some money first :)

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the Explorer Timberland a lot.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Not looking to get the big bronco but i might swap my BSBB with a BSBL or an explorer Timberland, gotta save some money first :)
For soft roading thatā€™s really all youā€™d need. So far itā€™s not on deck for the 25 refresh, but I canā€™t see that they wonā€™t do it again for 26.
Sponsored