What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door?

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Are the digits orange or blue? The top pic is from the Ford Accessories website. The bottom pic is what the factory-installed version on earlier MYs looks like.

https://accessories.ford.com/2024-bronco-sport-illuminated-keyless-entry-keypad-m1pz14a626ab

Ford Bronco Sport What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door? {filename}

Ford Bronco Sport What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door? image
You say orange, I say red.
My order was sent to factory 11/29/23, manufacturing started 12/09/23, and shipped 12.12.23. Delivered 01/12/24. One can see the date that the order was sent to the factory on their Monroney sticker. Actual assembly starts about 10 days later.
Ford Bronco Sport What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door? Special Order code on Monroney

Ford Bronco Sport What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door? 1710085092891
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
You can lock and unlock your BS with that Door Code, it comes handy when you are at the beach, you can lock your BS with the key inside and go to enjoy the #BeachLife #cancunbadlands
It's funny because I started this thread for exactly this kind of jovial banter. Thank you.

It was one of my first forays into posting a thread here after my intro. Never really ended up using my "numbers". Only other Ford I had was a Mustang, and it didn't have these. But this thread was really good at finding the smart-aleks to block. 😅 That's for sure.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a '24 Badlands with the dealer installed keypad, ordered from the factory with my car order . It is not a stick on. It is identical to the factory installed keypad on earlier models.
However, the Ford Accessories keypad may be the stick-on item.
Glad to hear that. When I ordered my Bronco I asked the dealer about the option. He thought it was a stick on. So if they are the same what is different that makes them dealer installed instead of factory installed?

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear that. When I ordered my Bronco I asked the dealer about the option. He thought it was a stick on. So if they are the same what is different that makes them dealer installed instead of factory installed?
AFIK, the full size Bronco's keypad is still a stick-on device.
The Bronco Sport dealer installed keypad on the 2024 is the same integrated in the pillar keypad, as the factory installed keypads on the '21 - '23 models, based on my own experience.
The factory saves build time by having the dealer install the keypads and can accelerate production and increase volume.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AFIK, the full size Bronco's keypad is still a stick-on device.
The Bronco Sport dealer installed keypad on the 2024 is the same integrated in the pillar keypad, as the factory installed keypads on the '21 - '23 models, based on my own experience.
The factory saves build time by having the dealer install the keypads and can accelerate production and increase volume.
I understand now. I am glad that it is the same. I wonder if the vehicle was not ordered from the factory with the keypad option if the dealer can still add it after delivery so that the keypad is integrated into the door pillar or it would then have to be a stick on keypad. I have not seen any of the Bronco Sports on the lot equipped with the dealer option from the factory on the window sticker.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand now. I am glad that it is the same. I wonder if the vehicle was not ordered from the factory with the keypad option if the dealer can still add it after delivery so that the keypad is integrated into the door pillar or it would then have to be a stick on keypad. I have not seen any of the Bronco Sports on the lot equipped with the dealer option from the factory on the window sticker.
2 things I've noticed on '24 Badlands orders: no DIO keypads and few Co-Pilot 360+ ordered, whether retail or stock orders.
When my car was delivered to the dealer, there were 2 large boxes in the back seat: the cross bars, and the keypad option. I inspected the car before the DIO's were started.

My dealer's techs struggled with the keypad installation, but I don't know if the difficulty was mechanical (disassembly/reassembly of the door pillar), or programming. I've read that Ford allows 1-1/2 hours of tech time but techs are requiring more than twice that.
I spent 4 hours at my dealership for delivery, only to be told they couldn't complete the installation of the keypad.

They had already taken my '17 Escape in trade, did the title transfer paperwork and had it on their lot for sale, so I couldn't take my old car home.

If I had needed a loaner or rental, I'm confident that would have been arranged, but I didn't feel I needed a car that evening.

My salesman drove me home and picked me up the next morning, after the techs finished the keypad installation. He lives about a mile from my house.

This situation was a big mistake made by my salesman.
It was bad timing to schedule my delivery before the car was ready, that the Pre-Delivery Prep was completed and techs had completed the dealer installed options.

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Ah yes, the pendulum effect. Heh.

BTW everyone, keep in mind if your fob is inside the car and someone breaks into it they'll be able to start it and drive away. This is true even if you have the perimeter plus alarm. The only way to prevent this is to put your fob in a faraday pouch, which will render the fob invisible to the sensors inside the car.
That's good advice. Thanks.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 things I've noticed on '24 Badlands orders: no DIO keypads and few Co-Pilot 360+ ordered, whether retail or stock orders.
When my car was delivered to the dealer, there were 2 large boxes in the back seat: the cross bars, and the keypad option. I inspected the car before the DIO's were started.

My dealer's techs struggled with the keypad installation, but I don't know if the difficulty was mechanical (disassembly/reassembly of the door pillar), or programming. I've read that Ford allows 1-1/2 hours of tech time but techs are requiring more than twice that.
I spent 4 hours at my dealership for delivery, only to be told they couldn't complete the installation of the keypad.

They had already taken my '17 Escape in trade, did the title transfer paperwork and had it on their lot for sale, so I couldn't take my old car home.

If I had needed a loaner or rental, I'm confident that would have been arranged, but I didn't feel I needed a car that evening.

My salesman drove me home and picked me up the next morning, after the techs finished the keypad installation. He lives about a mile from my house.

This situation was a big mistake made by my salesman.
It was bad timing to schedule my delivery before the car was ready, that the Pre-Delivery Prep was completed and techs had completed the dealer installed options.
I looked on the lot and you are right there are very few badlands with co-pilot 360+ which is very important to me. I actually ordered one about two weeks ago but was told due to a materials shortage the dealer could not give me an estimated build or delivery time frame. Shortly after ordering I found a Badlands that just arrived with everything that I ordered plus the moon roof. I ended up taking the Badlands on the lot and will be picking it up tomorrow. I didn't originally order the keypad when I ordered the Bronco Sport because I wasn't sure its would be identical to the previous years and honestly never really used it on my other Fords so I let it go.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I looked on the lot and you are right there are very few badlands with co-pilot 360+ which is very important to me. I actually ordered one about two weeks ago but was told due to a materials shortage the dealer could not give me an estimated build or delivery time frame. Shortly after ordering I found a Badlands that just arrived with everything that I ordered plus the moon roof. I ended up taking the Badlands on the lot and will be picking it up tomorrow. I didn't originally order the keypad when I ordered the Bronco Sport because I wasn't sure its would be identical to the previous years and honestly never really used it on my other Fords so I let it go.
Congratulations on the new Badlands! :cool:

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent!

Pops Santini

Big Bend
First Name
Pops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I didn't see where this was mentioned here, but it is in another thread regarding stolen vehicle.
- I dislike carrying the Fob, put the door code in my phone contacts to help remember.
- I haven't used the FordPass App to unlock doors yet, although that is an option.
- I'm getting a RFID pouch to stash my Fob in to prevent potential auto theft. I see there are RFID safes available also.
- Thinking it would eliminate the idea of constant car communications too.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
My dealer didn't mention anything, and I didn't notice while I checked her out. I suspect its a security code for the car? Do I need to call them back for that?
I'm sorry you don't have a car manual.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has anyone had the code stop locking the door? I use this often and last night as I was starting my run, I tried locking with the code, but it just kept making an unlock noise. So I took the fob out, locked it, tryied the code and it unlocked. But still could not get it to lock.

I didn’t spend much time as I wanted to start my run but it was odd.

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I'm sorry you don't have a car manual.
I'm sorry you didn't obviously read through this thread and just enjoy uninteresting trolling.
Sponsored