Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I ran the vehicle during the day with the auto stop/star working. Why would I be getting this message. Never received before. I went out and started the vehicle and app locking feature worked ok.

Ford Bronco Sport What's this mean? Screenshot_20240304-215847
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It means most likely you are not driving for a long enough period of time every few days to keep the battery charged enough to prevent that message.

But it can mean other things like a failing battery or a problem with the charging system.

Try the simple thing first - drive the vehicle at least 20 minutes at about 30 mph or faster every couple of days.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Our 2023 BS Outer Banks gets this all the time.

It sits in the garage for over a week sometimes without being driven, then displays the same message (minus the trim name).

So far, it starts up just fine and no battery issues.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

It sits in the garage for over a week sometimes without being driven, then displays the same message (minus the trim name).

Yup! The newer cars don’t like to sit. My 2013 Lexus can sit for months with a 5 year old battery and still starts strong. The Bronco’s both start to complain after a couple of weeks.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
My BL did this for the first time after about 6 months of ownership. For the next year I made sure to drive it more that once a week for 10-20 miles. but it continuously sent this message. Additionally, it would also go into deep sleep mode. These messages would continue periodically for a year and then stop.

i’m at nearly 2 years of ownership and 22,000 miles.

@ 14000 the first year and @ 8000 the 2nd year

So let me be clear. I haven’t seen any messages regarding the battery or charging system since last fall and I’m driving it half as much.

These vehicles are sensory overload. I also know that machines take time to settle into environment and their drivers. Batteries and charging systems, hit and cold, new batteries need warn in, everything monitoring everything.

if we walked around with an EKG and EEG hooked up to us constantly our doctors would surely find something. With me, I would probably throw warning flags all day.

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I received this message when I added a dashcam and it was set to always record when my BL was parked. Once I changed it to record upon movement, I never received the message again.

Last edited:

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I ran the vehicle during the day with the auto stop/star working. Why would I be getting this message. Never received before. I went out and started the vehicle and app locking feature worked ok.

Get a battery maintaer and leave it plugged in.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Get a battery maintaer and leave it plugged in.
Tried that...I had to use the procedure to get it out of deep sleep first, as the tender would not work (lite up). That was a pain, so now I just make sure it starts once a week, and we drive it around for 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Tried that...I had to use the procedure to get it out of deep sleep first, as the tender would not work (lite up). That was a pain, so now I just make sure it starts once a week, and we drive it around for 20 minutes or so.
Once the battery is charged, the maintainer will keep it at 100%. There are so many systems constantly draining the battery. Like if you open a door, the LED fans run for a while. My previous 2014 F150 had the original battery when I sold it i January.

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Auto start uses a lot of power, as do many systems on modern vehicles while parked. Use an onboard battery maintainer whenever you park. It will also extend battery life.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
What is the “ procedure to get it out of deep sleep first “?

Also did you attach the battery maintainer directly to the battery +/- terminal posts?

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Same here. I live in a walkable urban area and only drive my BL a short distance once or twice per week. I get the message all the time.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Don't you think it's pretty sad that we have to do this?? Really?
Unfortunately, it’s the price we pay for having nannies.