What's up with the light up numbers on the side of my door?

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
My dealer didn't mention anything, and I didn't notice while I checked her out. I suspect its a security code for the car? Do I need to call them back for that?
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
There should be a little white card in the glovebox with the code on it. You can lock and unlock the door with that code or change it in the Sync menu. I leave the key inside the car when I go out to ride or hike and just use the code to gain entry. Wish my other car had it.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
There should be a little white card in the glovebox with the code on it. You can lock and unlock the door with that code or change it in the Sync menu. I leave the key inside the car when I go out to ride or hike and just use the code to gain entry. Wish my other car had it.
Hope you're battery does not die on you when out on a hike!

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Once you located your code card.

This is what I’ve found to successfully use this:
  1. Swipe down to activate the pad
  2. use your thumb i press each number slowly and firmly
  3. you will here the driver door unlock when you release the last number
  • Press 4 to unlock all 4 doors
  • press the bottom two digits at the same time to lock all doors. The key fob can still be in the car.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I never used this thing. But before my run tonight, I read this thread. I had on running shorts with no pockets, which means tie the fob on the drawstring. But instead, I used this trick and locked it inside the Sport. Lovely! And my …. uhm …. well you know, thank you too!

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I’m going out on a limb here, but apparently I’m one of the few that actually read the owner’s manual. Lots of new things on the Sport that I didn’t have on my 2014 F150 SCrew.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I never used this thing. But before my run tonight, I read this thread. I had on running shorts with no pockets, which means tie the fob on the drawstring. But instead, I used this trick and locked it inside the Sport. Lovely! And my …. uhm …. well you know, thank you too!
Why oh why? I cannot unthink the Fob and your, you know playing you hit me I hit you!!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ah yes, the pendulum effect. Heh.

BTW everyone, keep in mind if your fob is inside the car and someone breaks into it they'll be able to start it and drive away. This is true even if you have the perimeter plus alarm. The only way to prevent this is to put your fob in a faraday pouch, which will render the fob invisible to the sensors inside the car.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Owners manual is an excellent reference to learn the features of your vehicle.
Hey if it ain’t on my phone…… what’s a manual?

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford has been using the securicode panel for ~25 yrs. Our 1999 and 2003 Mercury Mountaineers and our 2001 and 2012 Expeditions have all had the keypads. I use it all the time when I go running.
I like the new system with numbers embedded in the glass much better than the old system with keypad numbers.
Sponsored