Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The felt like covers on underside of floors are sound deadener. This is so when consumers test drive they get nice quiet ride. They are just cheap sound deadener that are likely to trap dirt moisture and are not needed.
Mine's full of sand. Just sayin'...

It looks nice now, but whenever I have to get in there for the first repair / service, it's probably not going back.

Some one posted up the SSM in the Facebook group:

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! Engine Cover SSM
Ugh, I really get aggravated by that FacePlace group. Like, I want every single person to post every single day that didn't get a rock chip on the windshield to shush the people saying the glass is faulty. If you drive, glass will get hit. It sucks because the parts aren't readily available but lots of stuff is hurting like that.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I still say its bean counters & or lack of available parts . Show me one late model car or Truck that doesn't have one from the factory , ( excluding the BS )

Mine has a little sprinkling of sand all over the engine compartment , I need to blow it off , not sure I want to wash off with a hose .

Last edited:

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Wanted to report that mine came with engine cover installed. Strange considering the earlier reports.

Pofferle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Dealer sent me a Ford bulletin ( SSM 49977) that stated Ecoboost 1.5L is no longer equipped with an engine cover- vehicles applicable CX430N C-SUV which is the Bronco Sport on or after May 10, 2021. They offered to order me one from the factory for $210 with all parts included to mount, and an oil filler extension.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 5116347506039873456.JPG
Is this 1.5 only?

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
There are 4 mounting posts 1 long white post circled yellow. 3 short black post circled red. The cover is flipped over on top of battery part number circled in blue.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211514~2

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211514a~4

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211516~3
Correct me if I am wrong, but for the 1.5 we need Part Numbers:

#1: JX6Z6A949B is the actual cover and it includes the 3 studs, part #2: AA5Z6N958A.

#3 DT1Z6A957A is the longer white stud.

What is part #4 JX6Z9K540B, and where is it on your picture? Do we need this?

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! BS21260

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Correct me if I am wrong, but for the 1.5 we need Part Numbers:

#1: JX6Z6A949B is the actual cover and it includes the 3 studs, part #2: AA5Z6N958A.

#3 DT1Z6A957A is the longer white stud.

What is part #4 JX6Z9K540B, and where is it on your picture? Do we need this?

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! BS21260
540B is number 4, "Insulator", you dont need to buy this, it's already on the engine, under the wire and pipe rat's nest.
I have tried to buy the white stud, 957A from several sources, all have told me that it has been discontinued. If anybody finds a source or replacement, please post.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540B is number 4, "Insulator", you dont need to buy this, it's already on the engine, under the wire and pipe rat's nest.
I have tried to buy the white stud, 957A from several sources, all have told me that it has been discontinued. If anybody finds a source or replacement, please post.
The cover does not come with the 3 958A studs, you have to buy them separately.

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
This is the parts list for the Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon. No dealer has the special stud 6A957 around my area. You will need that new cap and extension for the oil filler. From what I can see, the Special Stud is different from any other engine config, as it appears to be longer than the 6A957-A
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1.5L Cover.PNG
I ordered all the parts this morning. Hopefully I don’t run into any problems, sucks I had to spend $125 on something that should just be on the vehicle I purchased.

Is this a Loctite situation on the the bolts or should I do the install without?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I gave up reading half way through this thread and went digging on the Ford website.

Under the terms and conditions at the bottom it says the following : Prices, product specifications and other information shown on this Site are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without obligation, may vary from region to region, and may not be completely up to date or accurate.

So you don’t have an engine cover because Ford changed their minds.

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I still say its bean counters & or lack of available parts . Show me one late model car or Truck that doesn't have one from the factory , ( excluding the BS )

Mine has a little sprinkling of sand all over the engine compartment , I need to blow it off , not sure I want to wash off with a hose .
My folks just bought a brand new Nissan Rogue Platinum (this past weekend) and none of them are coming with engine covers now either.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Do people sit around with their hoods up staring at the engine where no engine cover is a real issue? Sure it's a little messy looking without it but my hood is rarely ever up to see what's under there. Full disclosure: my BS BB came with an engine cover but if it didn't, I might be a little bummed at first, then I would quickly forget about it. Outta sight, outta mind.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I believe I understand why Ford stopped providing the covers....They wont fit!... After carefully looking at my engine I have come to this conclusion******** Caveat///*** (I'm not a mechanic, and have never claimed to be smart, resourceful, or PC)

The "Special Stud" DT1Z6A957-A (White in color) that was installed on the back right side of the engine has been used instead to fasten a plastic wiring harness brace over it which locks in to the tip of the stud.
When the plastic harness slides down the stud, they lock in on the tip where normally the cover would and there is no longer a protruding round stud to fasten the cover to anymore. I assume this is why they state the Special Stud is no longer in production, because it wont work for you to attach the cover to anymore with that plastic brace in the way. See attached photos...anyone interested please review and tell me what you think

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! DSC_0111.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! DSC_0113.JPG
Well, you are correct Viking, it doesn't fit. The back right corner sits raised up and looks dumb. Is that plastic brace removable, and would that allow the cover to fit???