Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
But Ford published a memo stating they stopped putting the covers on. So according to Ford the covers arent supposed to be there after a certain build date. So if yours is after that date pop hood and look at snakes nest of hoses wires piled on top of each other?
Anyone have a copy or a link to this mysterious memo?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
But Ford published a memo stating they stopped putting the covers on. So according to Ford the covers arent supposed to be there after a certain build date. So if yours is after that date pop hood and look at snakes nest of hoses wires piled on top of each other?

Maybe Ford could offer cover as an extra cost accessory in a kit with mounting hardware ect? Go online enter credit card get cover delivered to your front door. Couple minutes to install done!!
All of the new broncos are built without them and arguably they are more off-road ready then the sport. The cover is available through many ford and aftermarket dealers but it may be disguised as an escape engine cover. Roughly $75. I've located several every search I make. I truly can't fathom so much frustration over an insignificant part. The chip issue is a big deal in comparison.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
All of the new broncos are built without them and arguably they are more off-road ready then the sport. The cover is available through many ford and aftermarket dealers but it may be disguised as an escape engine cover. Roughly $75. I've located several every search I make. I truly can't fathom so much frustration over an insignificant part. The chip issue is a big deal in comparison.
BIG LIKE

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Any built after May 10th dont have engine covers. Ford put out an SSM
These glib posters are missing the point. Ford stopped including the cover, I'm guessing because they couldn't get them and thought no one would notice. But now we have the internet, so we can talk to each other and learn about it. So they issue an SSM to cover their butts.

But here's the issue: What other parts are they leaving out that were part of the original design because they can't get them? Maybe something we can't see. Maybe more than one thing.

"Boss, those door sound baffles aren't coming in."
"We have already had enough delays; It's in the door, no one will know. Just leave leave it out."

It's bad Juju and really does give me pause about closing the deal on the BS I have ordered.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Now we’re relying on JuJu?
There’s a threshold man. If there’s conversations like that happening ( and they happen in my business) there’s red lines you can’t cross. I think this is being WAY read into. You guys act like you’ll be driving down the road with no steering wheel and the wheels are gonna fall off listening to you’re stereo through only one speaker with no wipers and only a left turn signal.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'd sell that lemon asap while prices are hot and supply is short, find a good, well built Toyota, Chevy, Subaru, Honda. I bet they come with all the parts you pay for. Don't stand for it man, Ford is abusing you....
This post should be scrolling across the top of the screen on this thread and in all caps. Everyone re read!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So if a dealer has one Bronco Sport on their empty lot missing an engine cover I wonder if anyone would buy it? Buyers might pop hood see snake nest of hoses and walk? No engine cover - no sale? Sport will sit in middle of historic unprecedented car shortage crisis on the empty lot all due to missing engine cover.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So if a dealer has one Bronco Sport on their empty lot missing an engine cover I wonder if anyone would buy it? Buyers might pop hood see snake nest of hoses and walk? No engine cover - no sale? Sport will sit in middle of historic unprecedented car shortage crisis on the empty lot all due to missing engine cover.
I'd rescue that baby...and drive the ever living hell out of it on every city street I could find (just to make sure dust didn't get in all those sealed hoses) and then, I'd park it inside to keep it safe for the next day's urban adventure, might even find some potholes and get dangerous, live on the edge. I would stop every mile or so to dust off the engine, probably carry a battery pack leaf blower (always thinking about the environment and seals and turtles).

Sand101

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend BS
I made an issue of this when I bought mine, and made them promise to find out about the missing cover. I finally got a response:

"This is the word from Ford that I have been told. Engine covers are being not placed on Bronco Sports and Broncos because they want customers to know and be able to see when there is mud and debris in or around the engine."

Marketing people hard at work...

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I made an issue of this when I bought mine, and made them promise to find out about the missing cover. I finally got a response:

"This is the word from Ford that I have been told. Engine covers are being not placed on Bronco Sports and Broncos because they want customers to know and be able to see when there is mud and debris in or around the engine."

Marketing people hard at work...
nope ain't buying that sorry excuse of an answer. more likely they never looked into it and made something up to shut you up.
this is not a BS specific issue, it's occurring across model lines covering both off and on road products. but then again I suppose someone could get mud on their Escape engine when visiting the spa.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is just the cover missing? Or are the related parts missing as well?
Did your dealer write up a "Due Bill" when you made them promise to find out about the cover, if you dont have that you have nothing.
From the response you received from Ford it doesn't sound like like they're going to help you either, but they do seem to monitor this site so who knows.
If you really want an engine cover bad enough just buy one, they are fairly inexpensive.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I think you also need the following parts:
JX6Z9K540B Insulator
DT1Z6A957A Stud
AA5Z6N958A Stud
Anybody know the full parts list for Badlands please? I found these:
K2GZ6A949A - engine cover
AG9Z00812D- bolt (x2?)
1S6Z00812C - valve cover

Don't see insulator or whatever it's called.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Anybody know the full parts list for Badlands please? I found these:
K2GZ6A949A - engine cover
AG9Z00812D- bolt (x2?)
1S6Z00812C - valve cover

Don't see insulator or whatever it's called.
If going that route it may be easier/cheaper to hit up a scrap yard and find a newer escape or use the escape as a search tool as those parts are interchangeable and marketed cheaper