Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Is yours missing? Have you called the dealership?
Yes mine is missing!
I have several calls and texts into my dealership. So far the only information they have given me is that they have other BS's with missing covers...If i don't get answers soon I'm going to call Ford. When I ordered my BS they were shipping with engine covers...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes mine is missing!
I have several calls and texts into my dealership. So far the only information they have given me is that they have other BS's with missing covers...If i don't get answers soon I'm going to call Ford. When I ordered my BS they were shipping with engine covers...
Maybe to soften your situation, you have a bronco sport. Many have waited behind six months with nothing. Engines used to come without a cover. It's a piece of flash. Yeah it should be there but it's a relatively simple fix with minimal concerns for safety. Hang in there

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I hope only issue I have once I get one is a missing cover.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe to soften your situation, you have a bronco sport. Many have waited behind six months with nothing. Engines used to come without a cover. It's a piece of flash. Yeah it should be there but it's a relatively simple fix with minimal concerns for safety. Hang in there
I am certainly thankful that I got my Bronco Sport.
My problems with the missing cover are that I feel that I paid for something that I didn't get, and the engine looks like crap without the cover.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am certainly thankful that I got my Bronco Sport.
My problems with the missing cover are that I feel that I paid for something that I didn't get, and the engine looks like crap without the cover.
For sure it should come complete. Every time someone posts something like this I double check if I missed something. Again at least it's cosmetic and an easy fix. Shouldn't cause much issue.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For sure it should come complete. Every time someone posts something like this I double check if I missed something. Again at least it's cosmetic and an easy fix. Shouldn't cause much issue.
I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the owners manual doesn't say if you are supposed to have a cover or not, and the engine cover is not listed on the window sticker. I explained that it's part of the engine and would never appear on the window sticker. Then I was told to take it up with my dealer...
Seems like a bunch of BS to me, no pun intended!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the owners manual doesn't say if you are supposed to have a cover or not, and the engine cover is not listed on the window sticker. I explained that it's part of the engine and would never appear on the window sticker. Then I was told to take it up with my dealer...
Not listed on window sticker? Sounds like idiots manning the support lines.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I'd take a missing engine cover or my missing chip anyday...... :cwl:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Keep nagging dealer. Once they get one on the lot they will take cover off that one give it to you so you go away.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Well, the window sticker also doesn't say a lot of things - it doesn't list every nut, bolt and part...but the vehicle comes with them. The person answering the phones for Ford is a complete bonehead.

Those of us still waiting for our BS to built or delivered, when you go to your order email link for your BS order information, look below the scheduling icon and click on "Model Information" there is a hyperlink for the engine for your specific model. Look what pops up for the 1.5L EcoBoose with Auto Start-Stop Technology comes with an engine cover based upon Ford's own image. It also says "Standard on Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks" :giggle:
1.5L EcoBoost with Auto Start-Stop Technology
  • Standard on Base, Big Bend™, and Outer Banks™.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1.5L EcoBoost

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Makes me wonder based on the date...perhaps they scrapped the idea? I'm perfectly happy with what mine came with, hasn't caused any issues or excessive noise...not sure this is a major upgrade?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
There is enough dust on our 1.5 engine cover to say its just not for looks . I will wipe down the engine compartment this weekend . I keep my 6.2 Super duty clean as the outside .

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Yes mine is missing!
Of course it should come with a cover! Every communication should be via email or at least confirmed by email with cc to whomever the Ford consumer reps are until you get a commitment from someone that is documented. Lather, rinse, repeat until solved. Everyone knows Ford has supply issues but that doesn’t excuse them from acknowledging something like this on the front end. Ridiculous!
Sponsored