Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I am. As soon as I detect a negative, such as "Its junk", or "Don't buy..." I immediately disconnect from it.
Sure, forums are for giving the good and bad on an experience, but when member call something junk, this is when I turn off.

I've been on dozens of automotive and RV forums over the past 25+ years, as a member, a moderator, or as an Admin. This site seems to have a lot of postings on a model or engine that is labeled junk or stay away from by members more so than any other site I frequent or have been a member of.

I'll simply not respond anymore or ask for their reasons for their statement, as I don't care, and don't want to give them any reason to continue posting. If they continue, I'll block them.

For the record, I have a 2023 Outer banks with the 1.5; it is trouble free, and I have great service from my local Ford dealership where I purchased it from.
Sponsored

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Agreed.

I too, cringe every time someone puts down some modification that someone did or generally cast aspersions at someone else's vehicle or setup. That isn't what this site is supposed to be about. Its just troll behavior.

I think most of us like these sites because there is usually a lot of constructive talk about automobiles...in particular the one that we are probably currently driving, by a lot of experienced individuals. No one likes troll behavior on the forums. If the concept of "trolling" is foreign to some of you......just think about the old fable, 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff", and the concept of the bridge and the troll, extending to the forum and those of us on here. It's "Golden Rule" stuff like 'If you don't have somehting nice to say', or 'do unto others'.....

When I first got here, I introduced myself, and then just asked some real simple ice-breaker questions, that I probably could've EASILY found in my manual. But I just wanted to banter a bit. Instead of the constructive feedback, I found a bevy of users that just wanted to be jerks for the sake of being jerks. Found out real early who to block. Haven't had to do so much since. Blocking is a great thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I agree with gatornek. I will add however that when asked for an opinion on an option, I'm both positive and negative about options, but I never take down a member or their work. I simply ask for proof on some opinions (as other members do), but never trash an opinion or work, nor trash the BS in general.

I think this is acceptable if it is asked.

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I agree with the above comments. Our 2021 BB has 41K + miles, & we also get wonderful service from our local dealer & we did not even buy it from them. If I comment on something here & get a negitive comment or someone acting like a jerk I usually just ignore it.

B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Agreed. Like I've said 100x on here the 1.5 is a great engine that offers plenty of power and reliability. My favorite is when folks on here say they are scared to drive the 1.5 because they don't have enough power and might get rear ended on the highway.

If 180 HP can't get you safely onto a highway you are objectively a bad driver and should switch to bicycles. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I'm with you, Bucko. I've been on this forum since before I took possession of my 22 Big Bend. I've also never owned a vehicle with so much electronic stuff (note the technical jargon). I too, love my Bronco Sport even with the moaning backup braking. Even with the failure of the instrument cluster (which turned out to be defective) which I had posted about. Even when I went to start it one morning and it was in deep sleep mode, the responses were directed to the battery. The dealer insisted it was not the battery and refused to replace it. Now it seems that they were right. Reprogramming the computers to increase the amount of charge the alternator produces to keep the battery sufficiently up to speed and it has not been an issue since. I've had the gas runoff tube and reprogramming done and most recently the water pump replaced, all within 25k miles on the odometer. Here's my attitude, automobiles are human made with robotics doing a large amount of the heavy work. Still, the key words are, human made. Yes, I admit it's frustrating to have something go wrong and the inconvenience it produces. Here's my attitude, to err is human, to forgive, Devine. These are modest priced vehicles. If you find it intolerable for even one of these issues to affect you then maybe some other form of transportation would suit you better. Think how much they'd cost if they were built like a Ferrari! It's ridiculous to even contemplate! Maybe I'm just too old and have had too many vehicles in my life that required nearly daily personal pampering to keep it on the road. The dealer I bought my Bronco Sport from has been very accommodating at every turn and I have not been inconvenienced at all. So no complaints from me!

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I am always interested in reading about other owners actual negative experiences so I can be prepared if something similar occurs to me. Some of these problems, like the battery issues, turn out to be worthy of recalls! But I do tire of the 2.0 owners making generalized statements about the stupidity of owning a 1.5. And I roll my eyes at the trouble free 1.5 owner(s) pining away for the “better” 2.0 that they chose not to buy.

Jdiditz

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No problems here either, I've owned my 22' obx for almost 2 yrs now with no problems other than recalls. I believe that if you take care of your vehicle and don't treat it like a POS you should almost be problem free.

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the positive vibes on the 1.5! I have a trouble-free 23 OBX with 11K miles. No issues whatsoever! The engine serves its purpose for me, has plenty of pep, and gets me to where I am going! To the haters: If you want a race car......get a Mustang.

ledge

Big Bend
First Name
ledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I have no problems with the 1.5 Dragon engine plenty of power. Gas mileage has been 28, 29 combined mostly in normal mode. Very pleased with that. Had my water pump replaced at 5500 miles. Bad batch of pumps from Melling I believe.. I do have the recall for tube & PCM. My BB was produced in January 6, 23. No problems other than pump. Runs good, very pleased and it’s really cool looking!!

cjmambo

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I love my '22 BB. No issues *knock on wood.* Coming from a '16 Mustang GT, I was surprised at how peppy this 1.5 is. It'll get you on the highway and overtake with no problem. A lot of small d*** energy coming from the 2.0 crowd :giggle:. I tease. I'm not hating on the 2.0 or their owners. The 1.5 just doesn't deserve the hate.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I’m not bothered at all. Quite the opposite actually. After doing some research I’m impressed to find out this is the same exact engine used in the mk8 fiesta st from the uk. Been scoping their forums and have seen nothing but love. Lots of tuning and mods for this engine pushing it past 300hp. I haven’t read anything negative regarding reliability.

Dadio

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The silent majority love the 1.5 Dragon , and when there’s nothing to complain about I guess we stay silent. Not sure of the stats but there are likely hundreds of thousands of this engine in service. Well designed and reliable. I’ve owned everything from a v10 Ford Excursion , Ecoboost Lincoln Navigator and 4.6 Mustangs. Love the Dragon for its economy and power !

Dont want to sound like a dinosaur here, but when I was younger my 77 Chev Caprice with a 305v8 was only pushing 130 hp, I think the 350 was 160 hp or something like that. It’s amazing what the performance they have engineered into this product. Anyone who looks down on the 1.5 must have an inferiority complex or something like that.
Sponsored

Last edited: