The little things... accessories so far.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I am in Alberta. Alberta was the last jurisdiction in North America to use the reflective plates for police scanners. A cover over the plate prevents the scanner from reading the plate. A buddy here in the RCMP said it is technically illegal to cover a plate in Canada, but probably not strictly enforced. It does give police a valid excuse to pull you over.
Thanks for clarifying that for the northern friends.
Sponsored

OP
OP
supaDean

supaDean

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm pretty sure your license plate cover is illegal in most areas. It interferes with the police automatic plate scanner.
Interesting. Blue plate covers here in Ontario might get you a ticket. I've never heard of clear plate covers being an issue. They were purchased at Canadian Tire... one of Canada's largest hardware stores.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Rear bench seat cover / cargo area cover. I'm often lugging stuff around in the rear seats, and cargo area of course. And in the summer with windows open dust and dirt gets into the car. I opted for simple pet covers to help keep the seats clean and to protect them from stuff being lugged in and out. They're easy to remove and clean. And they keep dog hair off the seats.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 42b4a948dc4b2780a007cdb7eaa16ebc
These rear seat covers look like they fit really well, unlike some I've seen on Amazon. Happen to have a link for them?

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Some other small additions I made,

stubby antenna
Led reverse lights
Rear bumper step cover (not from ford!!)
In channel rain guards

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
All the full size Broncos have at least one recovery loop attached to the frame tucked under the rear bumper. Some trims include one on each side. Because of where I live and all the salt on the roads in the winter, I never leave anything in the hitch receiver. I do have a hitch mounted shackle kept inside my spare tire area if needed.

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hello. This is a great community. I enjoy the sharing of pics and ideas. My 2023 Big Bend was purchased off the lot this past October. Located in Northern Ontario, Canada.

Useful things I've added to date:

First up were license plate covers. A pet peeve of mine is how awful license plate screws can look over time, especially when mounted to an otherwise like-new vehicle. So I drilled the two bottom holes for the rear, got plate covers and screw caps. We'll see how long it holds up.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 82fd8af761d726d9decb70288a04f8b4

Winters in the north can have lots of snow. And lots to explore. I plan on photographing winter landscapes and will often be on remote highways. On the off-chance I slide off the road or get stuck, I installed a 2" shackle on the trailer hitch which might help pull me out. It also looks a lot better than a bare trailer hitch.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 87a25b155676192a0b972e12308ce5b5

Rear bench seat cover / cargo area cover. I'm often lugging stuff around in the rear seats, and cargo area of course. And in the summer with windows open dust and dirt gets into the car. I opted for simple pet covers to help keep the seats clean and to protect them from stuff being lugged in and out. They're easy to remove and clean. And they keep dog hair off the seats.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 42b4a948dc4b2780a007cdb7eaa16ebc

Molle bags for back of front seats. Can never have too much storage.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 9b61844f5c57234bbf2cc232e2824210

Center console and center armrest covers. Not a fan of the bare silver finish of the center console. Had something similar on my previous vehicle. It is easy to scratch. Armrest cover is more comfortable and protects the original covering.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 6163cc4fdd6d0308b76d729122c4435d

Last but not least: Bullet Mounting Solutions magsafe phone holder. Installed just yesterday.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 298a577ddc24e4fd633def22459059fd

Couple of other useful things that every car owner should have is a 12 V Portable Air Compressor / Tire Inflator and a NOCO Car Battery Jump Starter (or something similar). Also got a sun shade for the front window.

Cheers.

My Sport, with winters on.

Ford Bronco Sport The little things... accessories so far. 06f965b021be9b406306e5c83b53e4aa
Nice. What brand are the armrest and console covers?

OP
OP
supaDean

supaDean

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Anything that can come across as a "cop attention getter" I try to refrain from. License plate covers are not allowed in Florida. I had one covering the front plate of a custom painted plate on the front of my Camaro (front plates are not required in Florida) and a cop pulled me over and handed me a screw driver to remove the cover. When I (politely) asked why, as front plates are not even required, and was not trying to cover anything up, he just said to remove it.

When I got home, I reinstalled it, and that has been 7 years ago.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Further to the discussion of plate covers - we have a conundrum here in Missouri, at least in the St. Louis area.

There is a longstanding problem with thieves cutting (or removing with a razor blade) the annual validation stickers off of people's plates so they could be glued on expired plates. So, the police agencies began promoting the use of the Lexan covers to make it more difficult to steal them.

After being stopped by a Kansas trooper on my way back from Colorado a few years ago (just a warning!) I checked Missouri statutes and they are also illegal in Missouri. Yet the police are still promoting them here. Go figure.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Should I ever run across an officer again that wants to warn me or force me to take the cover off of a front license plate (again, front plates in Florida are not required, but you can install something else), I'd tell him to write me up, and I'll see him in court. They have to show to defend their reasoning for the citation, which will tick them off when they loose.

In this case, they would loose.

A rear plate is understandable in covering to block photo or toll both cameras. I'm not arguing that point.

CoryB20

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Further to the discussion of plate covers - we have a conundrum here in Missouri, at least in the St. Louis area.

There is a longstanding problem with thieves cutting (or removing with a razor blade) the annual validation stickers off of people's plates so they could be glued on expired plates. So, the police agencies began promoting the use of the Lexan covers to make it more difficult to steal them.

After being stopped by a Kansas trooper on my way back from Colorado a few years ago (just a warning!) I checked Missouri statutes and they are also illegal in Missouri. Yet the police are still promoting them here. Go figure.
Try slicing the validation sticker with a razor blade so it would come off in multiple pieces. It will still look whole while on the original plate but is too much of a hassle for a thief to remove quickly.I had someone tell me that trick after his sticker was removed.
Sponsored