Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition.
Purchased as a CPO in July 2023 with 35k miles.

Modifications to-date include:

- Ford Air Design Hood Scoop
- Autobahn Black Ceramic Tints to match factory rears
- Autobahn Black Ceramic sun strip for front window
- Ford all season Floor Mats specific to rubber floor
- Rally Innovations Light Bar
- Ghost Brushed Aluminum Composite American Flag plate for front
- M performance Carbon Fiber rear plate frame
- Steeda Strut Tower Brace
- Redline Tuning Hood Struts
- Baja Designs S8 20” Light Bar
- sPOD mini source LT control

and more to come

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3414

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3523

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3515

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3687

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3820

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_3862

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build 76CC55E0-12FA-46DA-B918-A8720725A455

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build IMG_4668
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blooey

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS Heritage Limited, 2023 BS Badlands
Thinking about getting the Steeda strut tower brace. Do you feel any difference in handling? We have an aftermarket brace in our Mustang which does make a difference but it is mounted across the engine compartment, not close to the firewall like in the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install was easy. As for difference; I can’t say its as significant as my previous BMW M240 but it’s noticeable; firmer and more planted. For the $ zI wouldn’t not have one.

mrdale14424

Heritage
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Heritage (base)
I've installed the Steeda strut tower brace on my BS Heritage Base and immediately noticed how it tightened up my steering feel. Also it was the easiest mod that I've ever done and I've had four Mustangs that I modded; easier than changing to a performance drop-in air filter on my Mustangs.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I put a Steeda strut tower brace on my '23 OBX when I first got it in January. I couldn't make a comparison because I installed it before drove very much, but I'm very happy with the handling after. I don't go off-roading so I don't know if it would help there, but normal driving you will feel the difference.
Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronc’s Build 100_6575.JPG

Last edited:

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Regarding the strut tower bar-- I think any time you can limit the twist on a unibody you're doing good work. Although I don't drive the Bronco like I do my BMW, this may get added to the cart today.

Does anyone have a close up on the mounting plates/position? I want to make sure that before I pull the trigger there isn't a heavy risk of ripping the tops of the shock towers like some mounts can.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it’s the same on all models but for the first edition. Each end slides nicely into existing bracket holes. Remove a smaller bolt and replace with longer bolt supplied by Steeda.

There’s a video of a maverick install but nearly identical to my install.

Bronco_Bliss

Badlands
First Name
Bliss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Regarding the strut tower bar-- I think any time you can limit the twist on a unibody you're doing good work. Although I don't drive the Bronco like I do my BMW, this may get added to the cart today.

Does anyone have a close up on the mounting plates/position? I want to make sure that before I pull the trigger there isn't a heavy risk of ripping the tops of the shock towers like some mounts can.
Could you elaborate more on the risk you are mentioning? Is this due to the lengthened bolt we would be installing causing added pressure where it meets the top of the shock tower?

Also @Babybronc21 - how close does the strut bar get to the battery terminal? Any chance you could provide a closer photo of that area?

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Could you elaborate more on the risk you are mentioning? Is this due to the lengthened bolt we would be installing causing added pressure where it meets the top of the shock tower?
On a lot of cars, the metal on the top of the shock towers is thin. Connecting those towers with a rigid bar will make the vehicle more flat into a turn but if it isn't properly reinforced it can cause stress fractures in the metal. Unsure on ours so the reason why I bring up the point. A longer bolt will not correct anything, it's the metal the bolt has to run through that is the issue.

When I put the Rogue Engineering strut bar on my e46, I also installed their tower reinforcement plates for that very reason. https://www.rogueengineering.com/Front-Strut-Tower-Reinforcement-E36E46E9XE8X_p_27.html

Bronco_Bliss

Badlands
First Name
Bliss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
On a lot of cars, the metal on the top of the shock towers is thin. Connecting those towers with a rigid bar will make the vehicle more flat into a turn but if it isn't properly reinforced it can cause stress fractures in the metal. Unsure on ours so the reason why I bring up the point. A longer bolt will not correct anything, it's the metal the bolt has to run through that is the issue.

When I put the Rogue Engineering strut bar on my e46, I also installed their tower reinforcement plates for that very reason. https://www.rogueengineering.com/Front-Strut-Tower-Reinforcement-E36E46E9XE8X_p_27.html
Great information, thank you. I may reach out to Steeda and see if they can provide any additional insight on the necessity of any reinforcements. (Ill post back if I get any add’l info)

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My hope is that since Steeda works with Ford and bulld parts specific for Ford that they’ve taken this into account. The guys at the dealer/shop seemed more impressed it was on there and had no mention of concern. 🤔

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I generally dont like fake hood scoops at all but this one looks great!
I totally get it and would prefer functional, but it gets alot of looks and people seem to love it (or hate it I guess). Plus it brings her close to 300 hp 😉
Sponsored