Aaron

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Soprt
Ok this is how my mechanic hooked them up. Left headlight wiring harness. Red wire goes to the white wire. Yellow wire goes to blue wire with green stripe. black wire goes to black with green stripe. Good luck
Could you please tell me what wire color on the passenger side for the red wire?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Could you please tell me what wire color on the passenger side for the red wire?
Thanks in advance
Red goes to the White Wire with the Blue Stripe.

Aaron

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Soprt
Hate to bother you but if I understand correctly the driver side red wire goes also to the white wire?
Thanks again for the speedy reply!

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Hate to bother you but if I understand correctly the driver side red wire goes also to the white wire?
Thanks again for the speedy reply!
Sorry for the late response but yes drivers side red goes to white also.

Aaron

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Soprt
I made the connections according to our discussion, I only did the drivers side and after connection the white works and amber overrides the white for turn signal, problem is the white never turns off it stayed on until I disconnected it about 20 minutes I have the ground wires for each side to chassis ground Iā€™m if I need to connect the ground wires into the ground wires in each connector any thoughts or help would be appreciated
Thank you,
Aaron

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I made the connections according to our discussion, I only did the drivers side and after connection the white works and amber overrides the white for turn signal, problem is the white never turns off it stayed on until I disconnected it about 20 minutes I have the ground wires for each side to chassis ground Iā€™m if I need to connect the ground wires into the ground wires in each connector any thoughts or help would be appreciated
Thank you,
Aaron
A photo of ur wiring would help. Can you also confirm if the white comes on with your DRLā€™s or your headlights?

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
For those that might be interested I wanted to share my journey on trying to get these side marker lights working. For reference I have a 22 Badlands but I think the wiring should be the same in all.
Like others I did not want to ā€œtapā€ into or cut and splice into the factory harness. So to get around that I contacted Specialty Performance Part over at https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/ and after some back and forth I spoke with John and he sent me a ā€œkitā€ so I could make my own adapter to go between the factory harness and the headlight assembly. This is what those look like:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install D37C0EF7-F2C8-4BDD-8A5A-F3F6E97A3694

There are only 6 wires total and they correspond to pins 2,3,4,8,14, and 15 of the connectors. I then cut the wires off the newly made adapters and using the supplied non-insulated crimp style connectors and heat shrink I connected the side marker light to the adapter.
One thing I learned is that the wire colors and their associated function that have been discussed in a couple of these threads are a little confusing.
Obviously the Black wire of the side marker light connects to Ground, I thought about connecting this to a metal part of the car but decided to use the Ground connection on the adapter which is pin 8 and connects to the Black/Green wire on the Drivers Side and the Black/Purple wire on the Passenger Side.
Next I connected the Yellow wire for the Blinker function of the marker light to pin 2 of the adapter which connects to the Blue/Green wire on the Drivers Side and the Yellow/Purple wire on the Passenger Side.
I have the 3 wire version so next was the Red wire for ā€œDRLā€ and this is where the confusion started. I though about connecting it to the wires shown in a YouTube video but I also saw mention of people connecting it to a different wire on this forum and after searching around the internet thought that I had it all figured out. Well I can tell you for certain that connecting it to the White wire, pin 4 of the adapter, is the WRONG option. Connecting it to that wire caused the white lights to be on constantly even when the car was not running and locked with all other lights off. Iā€™m just guessing here but I think that wire provides power to the ā€œfanā€ that I think I hear running when the car is off.
The ultimate solution for the Red wire was to connect it to pin 3 of the adapter which connects to the Brown/Blue wire on the Drivers Side and the Blue/Green wire on the Passenger Side. The unfortunate result of this connection is that it is not a true DRL connection but actually Headlight connection itself meaning that the White light is only on when the Headlights are on and not just when the true DRL lights are on.
I only did some preliminary tests tonight as for one itā€™s dark out and for two I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™m going to keep the Red wire connected. I really wanted the white light on during the day and could care less about the night time.
It is worth noting that hooked up that way the white light does go off when the blinker comes on but that it a function of the circuitry in the little box more that anything else.
Sorry for the long post and as soon as I have things fully installed Iā€™ll post more pictures. Finally this solution did cost more than the automotive store crimp connectors but if I want to put it back to factory all I have to do is unplug everything.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
For the DRL, you will want to connect to the front side marker light (each side).

there is no DRL signal on the headlamp connector (as you found out).

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
For the DRL, you will want to connect to the front side marker light (each side).

there is no DRL signal on the headlamp connector (as you found out).
Can you explain what purpose that would serve? Those side marker lights do not eliminate when the DRL lights are on, they are only on when the headlights are on resulting in the same thing as what I am seeing now.

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Sorry for the long post and as soon as I have things fully installed Iā€™ll post more pictures. Finally this solution did cost more than the automotive store crimp connectors but if I want to put it back to factory all I have to do is unplug everything.
Great write up. Yes on more pics, also part number(s) to order for the ā€˜kitā€™ as Iā€™m sure other would like that info.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Great write up. Yes on more pics, also part number(s) to order for the ā€˜kitā€™ as Iā€™m sure other would like that info.
Will do, trying to fit things in between weather and work travel.

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Understandable. I am waiting on my ā€˜23 Badlands. Build week given is 12/5, just waiting for more updates and waiting.

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I really wanted the white light on during the day and could care less about the night time.
Just curious as to why you want ur side markers to light up only in the day? Iā€™m the opposite and love that mine are hooked up to the headlights and only come on at night and all lit up. I always feel like Iā€™m missing something so just asking.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Just curious as to why you want ur side markers to light up only in the day? Iā€™m the opposite and love that mine are hooked up to the headlights and only come on at night and all lit up. I always feel like Iā€™m missing something so just asking.
Understandable question.
Itā€™s not that Iā€™m opposed to them being on at night but they were marketed as DRL lights so I was hoping they could be on during the day. To be completely honest I would actually rather have had ones that were always Amber but could also blink with the turn signals. So instead of a White-Amber an Amber-Amber.
mad I understand it the 2 wire version con only be on or blinking but not both.
For now I will probably hook them up so they are on at night with the White lights and see how I end up liking them that way.
One final thing is that either way you hook them up, at the headlight connector or down on the side marker light connector, they will only be on when the headlights are on and not during the day with the DRL lights. I just think connecting them at the headlight connector is easier than trying to use the wire down by the side marker.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
For those that might be interested I wanted to share my journey on trying to get these side marker lights working. For reference I have a 22 Badlands but I think the wiring should be the same in all.
Like others I did not want to ā€œtapā€ into or cut and splice into the factory harness. So to get around that I contacted Specialty Performance Part over at https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/ and after some back and forth I spoke with John and he sent me a ā€œkitā€ so I could make my own adapter to go between the factory harness and the headlight assembly. This is what those look like:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install D37C0EF7-F2C8-4BDD-8A5A-F3F6E97A3694

There are only 6 wires total and they correspond to pins 2,3,4,8,14, and 15 of the connectors. I then cut the wires off the newly made adapters and using the supplied non-insulated crimp style connectors and heat shrink I connected the side marker light to the adapter.
One thing I learned is that the wire colors and their associated function that have been discussed in a couple of these threads are a little confusing.
Obviously the Black wire of the side marker light connects to Ground, I thought about connecting this to a metal part of the car but decided to use the Ground connection on the adapter which is pin 8 and connects to the Black/Green wire on the Drivers Side and the Black/Purple wire on the Passenger Side.
Next I connected the Yellow wire for the Blinker function of the marker light to pin 2 of the adapter which connects to the Blue/Green wire on the Drivers Side and the Yellow/Purple wire on the Passenger Side.
I have the 3 wire version so next was the Red wire for ā€œDRLā€ and this is where the confusion started. I though about connecting it to the wires shown in a YouTube video but I also saw mention of people connecting it to a different wire on this forum and after searching around the internet thought that I had it all figured out. Well I can tell you for certain that connecting it to the White wire, pin 4 of the adapter, is the WRONG option. Connecting it to that wire caused the white lights to be on constantly even when the car was not running and locked with all other lights off. Iā€™m just guessing here but I think that wire provides power to the ā€œfanā€ that I think I hear running when the car is off.
The ultimate solution for the Red wire was to connect it to pin 3 of the adapter which connects to the Brown/Blue wire on the Drivers Side and the Blue/Green wire on the Passenger Side. The unfortunate result of this connection is that it is not a true DRL connection but actually Headlight connection itself meaning that the White light is only on when the Headlights are on and not just when the true DRL lights are on.
I only did some preliminary tests tonight as for one itā€™s dark out and for two I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™m going to keep the Red wire connected. I really wanted the white light on during the day and could care less about the night time.
It is worth noting that hooked up that way the white light does go off when the blinker comes on but that it a function of the circuitry in the little box more that anything else.
So basicaly this would be an extension harness that could be used for the splicing and not tapping into factory wiring correct? do you have Part numbers and pricing?
Sponsored