cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Zooming in on the pics and looking up the part numbers I found them on Digi-key.com. Plugs and connectors listed, no wiring. I am looking into additional 2-pin plug and using an open barrel crimp for the splice and this is where the Tectico side light would plug into. Buying from Digikey way cheaper than Amazon option below. Crimp connectors can be wire size dependent (Socket, Pin)

Part No.Mfg. Part No.Description
WM17244-ND0334828601CONN PLUG HSG 16POS 3.50MM
WM4739-ND0334721601CONN RCPT HSG 16POS 3.50MM
WM6681-ND0334710206CONN RCPT HSG 2POS 3.50MM
WM9439-ND0334810201CONN PLUG HSG 2POS 3.50MM

Or

AMAZON pkg options (more expensive )

Molex 16 Pin Wire Connector
Molex 2 Pin Wire Connector Rect
Molex 2 Pin Wire Connector Plug

EBAY has options also
Sponsored

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
So basicaly this would be an extension harness that could be used for the splicing and not tapping into factory wiring correct? do you have Part numbers and pricing?
I've reached out to the guy at Specialty Performance Parts to see how others could get the pieces and will let you know what he says.
I haven't finished my setup yet as I've been busy at work, not feeling well, and also the weather by me hasn't been the greatest (I have no garage). I am hopeing maybe this weeked I can finish everything up and show the final results.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
So I finally finished everything up today and am ready to provide the rest of my process.
I did hear back from the guy at Specialty Performance Parts, he said if anyone was interested in getting the parts from them like I did you can contact them at [email protected]. I am going to include some additional pics of what he sent me and basically if you tell him you need it for a Bronco Sport you should be good. Full disclosure the parts did cost me 84.00 with shipping but I think it was well worth the cost.
To remind everyone my setup is a 22 Badlands but I think the wiring at the headlight should be the same. These first couple pics are the parts that I received:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install A608F71C-B049-4ED4-88F9-C2A2C9ED2E40

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install DF5E4452-8C04-438E-8165-890BF28230AB

In my previous post I showed the adapters all assembled, which I did, and what pins the wires were connected to. Here are two close up pics of the connectors:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 8D4216ED-F6CB-4E0A-89D3-8C9C15119603

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 42957E44-3583-4F6A-A17B-B3B08C4E694C

At this point I needed to make the connections for the Tectico lights. I choose to wire into the ground on the plug (pin 8) instead of going to a metal part of the car. Here is a pic showing the 3 wires on the adapter I cut and approximately how much so stripped back (pins/wires 2,3, and 8)
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 80E4F848-09F3-4DA3-8C9A-64F5B363E792

Next I crimped on the barrel connectors supplied by Specialty Performance Parts to one side of the wires.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 6A69B61F-2E88-4E72-A54C-7299D5D0F73F

I ended up buying a crimp tool for this
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 6075ABC0-6328-40D3-8F20-9BF7DD8F03AE

Finally I finished off the other side and sealed everything with the heat shrink tubing also supplied with the other parts. As you can see in the next picture I had 2 screw ups on my part. The first one (lower adapter in the picture) actually shows 4 wires covered in heat shrink. This is because on my first attempt I connected to the wrong wire for the DRL LEDs. The second one (upper adapter in the picture) I forgot to install the heat shrink tube on the ground wire before I crimped it. I had to improvise and cut the tube then used small zip ties to hold it in place while I “shrunk” it. This worked and once it was “shrunk” down I removed the zip ties before coving everything in electric tape.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 5434F340-D12E-4975-AE67-E0689FE32946

Here are the adapters ready to be installed with the tape over everything just for added security.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install FC2EBDC4-8F39-4117-904B-73CA4F902892

Next it was finally time to install everything. I will say the removal of the factory fake covers was not too difficult but I just took my time and worked the clips individually until they all popped loose. Additionally installing the new lighted ones was nerve racking but with the correct amount of force they went in with no issues. I choose to cover the wires in loom and even heat shrunk the connector between the light and little circuit box.
Here are pictures of the drivers side install:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 85127471-E0A9-4463-8300-0BFDFDA613A1

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 7822AC16-BCEE-4730-AEA5-4275A5D3CED7

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 630FD79C-2B9B-4632-85F2-71649AA677E8

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 2A6797B1-9BF8-4535-BC54-AA63B94E14CB

Here is the passenger side install:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 83BBD4F0-CDF5-400D-BFC5-D34A700EE768

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 8F3F3972-7754-41BA-BFBD-A7B976D02942

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 9F811A32-EC04-4502-A91F-53DF2D3D94E4

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 48A8789C-FFF1-48D2-9C13-327FB4A8C87F

Here is what the lights look like on, the DRL is on when the headlights are on and of course the amber light is on with the blinker or hazards:
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install CE584550-2D7D-4663-82A5-712D418215E3

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install CC6CAAA2-5C57-4A7E-B2B0-9A1F352432C0

Finally I hope these posts help someone else and even though there was added cost I think it’s the best way to do this. Also if this post wasn’t already long enough here are 2 quick videos one showing the DRL and one showing the amber lights when the flashers are on:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Nice write up thanks. I don't mind the price albeit expensive. Did the put the connector on the wire ends for going into the plug?

Last edited:

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Thanks for the writeup and pics.

The parts I listed from digi-key which would include plugs for the side markers as well enabling them to be plugged and not directly spliced in is less than $30 before shipping. Wire pins and barrel connectors for one into two wire splice not included.

Just another option to go cheaper pricing and package yourself if you want to

Whatever way you choose, this give a way to add a harness to tap into and not cut into factory wiring!

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Great job!!

initially I thought a pig tail out of the factory connectors will be great. this is basically is that except, I was wondering, as I'm not electrician and never self made multi pin connector:

can two wires insert into the same pin? so you don't need to splice in the new side marker/turn signal light. I try to draw my thinking in blue below:

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 1670809198213

I really don't understand why Tectico can't create this harness.

You kind of created a "mock up" for them.

again, great work, thank you for sharing. I may have to attempt this someday. I won't install that side marker unless it can work as a turn signal blinker and not tap into the factory wiring. or I'm hoping Tectico or anther manufacturer will get to it before I do :p

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Nice write up thanks. I don't mind the price albeit expensive. Did the put the connector on the wire ends for going into the plug?
Yes the pins were on the wires already when I got them. All I had to do was insert them into the correct holes.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Great job!!

initially I thought a pig tail out of the factory connectors will be great. this is basically is that except, I was wondering, as I'm not electrician and never self made multi pin connector:

can two wires insert into the same pin? so you don't need to splice in the new side marker/turn signal light. I try to draw my thinking in blue below:

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 1670809198213

I really don't understand why Tectico can't create this harness.

You kind of created a "mock up" for them.

again, great work, thank you for sharing. I may have to attempt this someday. I won't install that side marker unless it can work as a turn signal blinker and not tap into the factory wiring. or I'm hoping Tectico or anther manufacturer will get to it before I do :p
I’m sure anything is possible especially since the wires for the Tectico part are very thin. The pins were already on each end of the red wires and the kit came with the barrel connectors so that’s how I choose to do it.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Check the Link Pro Rapid Solder Kit on the Devoe-Bay website. It looks like an alternate way to splice wires.

Tossty

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Appreciate your time on this write up. My next project on the list.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Am I the only one seeing the real design problem with these? A marker light is either amber or red depending on the location, front or rear. A white light should only be on the front of the vehicle. As these are in the front half of the side of the vehicle it should not have a white light but a 2 stage amber. So IMHO these should be wired as an always on marker or to only come on as a turn signal, not a white DRL at all. Who has ever seen a legal white light that is lit on the side of a vehicle going down the highway?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Am I the only one seeing the real design problem with these? A marker light is either amber or red depending on the location, front or rear. A white light should only be on the front of the vehicle. As these are in the front half of the side of the vehicle it should not have a white light but a 2 stage amber. So IMHO these should be wired as an always on marker or to only come on as a turn signal, not a white DRL at all. Who has ever seen a legal white light that is lit on the side of a vehicle going down the highway?
I agree. When I get around to putting these on my '23 OBX I will only be using them as turn signals. If my OBX had the turn signals in the rear view mirrors like my other car I wouldn't bother with this mod. I don't see a need for a DRL or side marker light on this vehicle.

Last edited:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I think a 5 pin relay may allow amber to be lit all the time then switch to an amber turn signal. Then just omit using the DRL wire. I need to brush up on my Relay operational knowledge. YouTube here I come.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I think a 5 pin relay may allow amber to be lit all the time then switch to an amber turn signal. Then just omit using the DRL wire. I need to brush up on my Relay operational knowledge. YouTube here I come.
Great idea and a relay is probably the lowest cost solution. Run an ignition switched line and the turn signal line to the relay. Only need to buy the single LED amber color side marker light which saves money over the dual color version. You are a genius.
Sponsored