Spare Tire Foam Tray uses.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm wondering if/how everyone is using the spare tire foam insert tray and it seemingly randomly shaped impressions. I'm not sure if engineers had an actual item in mind for each shape or just added the shapes randomly. Either way it gives each owner the chance to personalize with the different shapes.

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. trunk

Most of the tools carried are just randomly placed. The one exception was by cutting out a small piece of foam I could fit a 30 inch breaker bar and higher quality lug nut socket in the long slot on the left side.

There is room below the spare tire for a complete 3/8" socket set, work gloves and an assortment of bungies and tie down straps.

I was hoping my Viair 88P Air compressor would fit below the tire but it didn't so it just sits behind the rear seat.

I'm curious to see if/how others are using this space.
Sponsored

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
LOL I didn't even think of that! Heading out to the garage to check it out.
I guess I should mention that taking them out, leaves an exposed screw threaded from underneath somewhere. I just left the screw in place for now.

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And will you have rattling now?
No, the metal screws are stuck in place. They were barely holding foam in place with plastic bits inserted into the foam. You can also just pop the foam back into place and it holds.

SN95

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2011 Fusion, 2003 Mach 1
I'm wondering if/how everyone is using the spare tire foam insert tray and it seemingly randomly shaped impressions. I'm not sure if engineers had an actual item in mind for each shape or just added the shapes randomly. Either way it gives each owner the chance to personalize with the different shapes.

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. trunk

Most of the tools carried are just randomly placed. The one exception was by cutting out a small piece of foam I could fit a 30 inch breaker bar and higher quality lug nut socket in the long slot on the left side.

There is room below the spare tire for a complete 3/8" socket set, work gloves and an assortment of bungies and tie down straps.

I was hoping my Viair 88P Air compressor would fit below the tire but it didn't so it just sits behind the rear seat.

I'm curious to see if/how others are using this space.
I like how you worked the 30" breaker bar in there. I added emergency gear in there too...batteries, headlamp with no batteries inside, work gloves, garbage bags, chem light sticks, spare fuses, hand tools, duct tape, knife, reflective high vis vest and few other small items. i'll look into that breaker bar this weekend, thanks!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ya' all are funny
I took out my Styrofoam,
I figured every one would know It was just shipping packaging for the spare :p

Seriously, I had my tools and car carry stuff in three small canvas bags In my Other Ford I traded in
on this one, they tuck in under and around my spare quite nice and ride quiet.
First Aid Kit,
Space Blanket,
Fix it all multi tools and such,
This and that,
Extra ammo,
you all know, the essentials.
Plenty of space once you get rid of the packing material !:)

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Is it not intended for keeping everything in place, quiet, and to support the load floor around the edges?
I picked up my OB- yesterday and have been crawling in it today.

That styro seems to be made to store things and keep your stored items from rattling. It's not needed to keep the spare or jack from rattling or moving, So it's got compartments dreamed up by a designer without regard to any specific items, kinda like the tray in a center console in many vehicles.

As to supporting the deck, it's not really adding to that. The deck is supported on the left/right and rear edges quite well by a recess at the edge of the spare tire well and the deck itself is pretty stout.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I’ve got a couple spansets and shackles back there for a rear recovery point without taking my bike rack off, or in case I need one at work.

BuckBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
How about this? Fire extinguisher, air compressor, portable jumpstart, 4-way bar, light, funnel, tools, rain suit, jumper cables, gloves, jack, and tire.

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. IMG_0344.JPG
what band air compressor is that?
wanted to get one that i know will fit.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport