Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Weird, mine has no room to go forward, tried pushing it. Can’t even get it halfway off the ledge.
Sponsored

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Honda S2000
Weird, mine has no room to go forward, tried pushing it. Can’t even get it halfway off the ledge.
I am pretty sure that is because the cargo floor on tow package (Full size spare) equipped Broncos is longer than on ones without tow package. I discovered the shorter cargo floor part would have to be purchased or fabricate one out of plywood... then we could regain the 3 cubic feet of cargo space if we wanted.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Nothing too interesting under the foam besides a wire that I think goes to the differential. Very small studs to hold the foam trays. Thought I took a pic with the insulation out, but it wasn’t obscuring anything but seam sealer and plugged holes. I’m thinking I’ll attach to the tie down loops.
Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 3B108ED2-EEC5-4D8E-81ED-BA089383E528

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. B038A518-E781-40FC-9427-156E27A69986
Max, I noticed you have a full 225 spare. Out of curiosity, do you have the 235s on your sport?

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I had 225s, swapped for 235 70 16s. I believe you get a 225 all season spare even with 235 ATs.
Yea, that was the point of my question. Do you get a 225 spare if you have 235s on the Sport.
Thanks

RonsBadRides

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Great thread. Mine is a badlands trim with tow package so the cargo floor sits in the higher of the two positions, which helps. I was able to remove only the driver side foam and get a lot of usable storage for my overlanding/recovery gear. As of now, I have the following under there:

Viair 88P portable air compressor
30 ft kinetic recover rope
30 ft tow strap
Soft shackles
Folding shovel
Air down kit
Stakes for Yakima awning
6 ton bottle jack

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 0608210459b_HDR

Last edited:

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did confirm that the cargo floor from the non tow package BS does fit in the BL if you take out the spare and the threaded bolt.You can craft your own floor or buy the factory one. You gain 3 cft more space not to mention the space where the spare goes. This method obviously only works in areas where you won’t need the spare.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I have a Big Bend sans tow package, I assume I'd need to purchase the cargo area protector for a full-size spare if I want everything to fit if I purchase a full spare?
Yeah , you could either fabricate your own cargo floor or buy the Ford one and maybe also the central pin. Whether you also purchase the rubber cargo floor cover(with Bronco logo) is up to you.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah , you could either fabricate your own cargo floor or buy the Ford one and maybe also the central pin. Whether you also purchase the rubber cargo floor cover(with Bronco logo) is up to you.
Gotcha; the cargo floor for a full-size spare is $446 from Ford. I'll have to figure out how to modify mine so that it doesn't 'fall forward,' maybe affix a foam 'bumper' to the front of the floor so that it pushes against the back seat w/o a gap.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Gotcha; the cargo floor for a full-size spare is $446 from Ford. I'll have to figure out how to modify mine so that it doesn't 'fall forward,' maybe affix a foam 'bumper' to the front of the floor so that it pushes against the back seat w/o a gap. Would prefer the OEM to plywood.
I get what you are saying regarding OEM, but based on photos and what everyone is trying so far..$446 for foam pieces seems a bit obnoxious. I'd bet you could come up with something more personalized and cheaper/effective for a tenth of that cost. Heck maybe someone removing theirs would part with the stuff they remove for shipping plus some courtesy cash?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I get what you are saying regarding OEM, but based on photos and what everyone is trying so far..$446 for foam pieces seems a bit obnoxious. I'd bet you could come up with something more personalized and cheaper/effective for a tenth of that cost. Heck maybe someone removing theirs would part with the stuff they remove for shipping plus some courtesy cash?
Agreed, edited my post for clarity. I would rather modify my existing OEM cargo floor than cut a plywood replacement. One idea I'm toying with is putting in rubber 'spacers' that sit between the rear seat and cargo floor so it can't slide forward.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I just loaded mine with equipment from the mariner .
  • tire Guage
  • Gloves
  • 6 in one screw driver
  • first aid
  • funnels
  • light jacket

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 20210623_211958

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 20210623_212507