Rumor has it there's a TSB out for noisy brakes...

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just sent a request to my dealer to check for the TSB. I also requested a copy of the TSB from the tab website. Some may shrug the noise off but when something is not right it should be addressed and fixed.
Sponsored

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
I got tired of listening to it. Changed my rear pads a week ago. Have had no noise since.
Hi
What pads did you use.
I’ve read some post that said changing the pads didn’t help
Thanks

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
OMG my car is making a noise just for a bit !
I build up a little speed and dig into the brakes, cleans the surface rust right off each wet morning, no big deal.

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG my car is making a noise just for a bit !
I build up a little speed and dig into the brakes, cleans the surface rust right off each wet morning, no big deal.
That’s the way mine started now it’s doing it almost all the time even in high temperatures and low humidity.
My noise is a loud harmonic or humming noise. I can’t believe ford is letting these cars drive around like this. I have people make comments in parking lots asking why a new car makes noise like and ask me why I haven’t brought it back to the dealer. I can just tell them I have twice and now they tell me it’s my problem

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That’s the way mine started now it’s doing it almost all the time even in high temperatures and low humidity.
My noise is a loud harmonic or humming noise. I can’t believe ford is letting these cars drive around like this. I have people make comments in parking lots asking why a new car makes noise like and ask me why I haven’t brought it back to the dealer. I can just tell them I have twice and now they tell me it’s my problem
Pay no attention to @Osco , he can be pretty gruff.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ok seriously, you guys have 2021 models or 2022 ?
Assuming your not riding the brakes with a free hanging foot telling yourself your just holding your right foot Above the brake.
Assuming your not pumping them or anything wrong. How come they all are not doing this??
Ford can’t say if they used a different brake pad on the few that are making these awful noises ?
Take it in and get a complete brake inspection and remind them the bulk of the 160,000 units sold do not do this.
Signed, the old Gruff guy.
I have spoken :’P

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines a 2021 badlands.
It’s only happens in reverse and happens when the brakes are applied.
This is not isolated problem, check the forum there are plenty of other posts with the same problem not a grinding noise it’s a harmonic or loud hum with a slight vibration. I think the main problem we all have with this issue is being blown off by Ford.. Excuse me for being upset when I buy a fully loaded top of the line vehicle and there’s a problem that starts within 60 days and Ford doesn’t take care of it

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
When I took my 2022 Badlands in for the 10,000 mile service, I mentioned the groaning noise from the brakes and they gave me some explanation about it just being buildup getting knocked off and it’s normal. If that’s true, I could live with it (and ignore the stares of concern from others), but it really doesn’t seem like a noise like that should be normal.

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what the TSB # is?
Thanks

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
TSB 22-2326 is mentioned in the above.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford dealership in MT. Work completed. No more noise. Took a while to get parts.
Ford Bronco Sport Rumor has it there's a TSB out for noisy brakes... FD01F0D9-3CDC-4A33-A47E-AFFAA9A7021B
There's something fishy about this. I can't find any information online regarding a TSB with that number. The part number listed (DG9Z 2C150B) is a brake caliper mount kit, but (according to oemfordpart.com) it doesn't fit the Bronco Sport.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for posting this. I'm going to share it with my dealer when I go in for my first oil change and see if it's something they can look into.

I don't know why there always seems to be some question from people who don't have this problem as to whether the problem exists. I've owned two BL now, a 21 and 22 and they both made this noise. It's loud as hell and sounds like a fog horn. Very embarrassing when driving a brand new car. Only happens in reverse and only after the car has been sitting a while. My 21 they changed the brake pads and rotors and it fixed the problem for a couple thousand miles when it came back again. Hopefully this will be a fix for my 22.
Sponsored