Rumor has it there's a TSB out for noisy brakes...

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
TSB 22-2236 supposedly has to do with mounting hardware to eliminate the un wanted brake noise on Bronco Sports when starting out first thing in the morning. Anyone heard this or seen a copy of it?

Update: TSB Number 22-2326
Sponsored

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Couldn't hear it over the brakes screeching what did you say? All kidding aside I haven't had the issues other than the morning after a good wash, heavy rain, or classic Michigan summer day at 107% humidity. It hasn't been an issue. Metal rusts...then it scrapes. It's not a huge issue.​

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
I got tired of listening to it. Changed my rear pads a week ago. Have had no noise since.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
You're right! I meant to post a link to the TSB search site, not a specific TSB. Corrected.
Unfortunately TSB 22-2236 isn't listed yet. Hoping someone at a dealer can check.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Someone on the facebook group posted it but didn't provide a link except for the number to the TSB. Stated it was internal and he couldn't link it out yet. Hopefully it's true so half the complainers will stop complaining. The other half will just find something new to bitch about, or hear phantom brake noise still.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Someone on the facebook group posted it but didn't provide a link except for the number to the TSB. Stated it was internal and he couldn't link it out yet. Hopefully it's true so half the complainers will stop complaining. The other half will just find something new to bitch about, or hear phantom brake noise still.
Doesn't bother me. Only happens occasionally first thing in the morning backing out of the garage but then I don't live in a city with neighbors all around.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Unfortunately TSB 22-2236 isn't listed yet. Hoping someone at a dealer can check.
Just had my service guy run that number and it does not exist.

ESP

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Dealer advised me of this last Friday as I had a lot of brake noise. They said it was the bushings and have ordered parts.

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Doesn't bother me. Only happens occasionally first thing in the morning backing out of the garage but then I don't live in a city with neighbors all around.
The noise I have is a harmonic noise that started off occasionally in the morning and has developed into doing it around 50% of the time even in hot dry weather. It has become very load to the extent anyone around the car guikly turns to see what the noise is. I’ve gotten the usual run around from ford

Roland

First Edition
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
TSB 22-2236 supposedly has to do with mounting hardware to eliminate the un wanted brake noise on Bronco Sports when starting out first thing in the morning. Anyone heard this or seen a copy of it?
My dealer confirmed the TSB. Get mine done 9/12 pending parts. That’s all I know. Thanks for the post.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Since I will be doing the lift kit when my BS arrives, I ordered PowerStop pads all around. It should be less than an extra hour to change them all around and since the stock pads will be nearly new I won’t be concerned about build up on the rotors. $111 for all 4 corners. They are carbon fiber and ceramic which are the lowest dusting pad and the lowest noise pad. To get that, I will sacrifice a bit of braking performance over a semi metallic, which makes the most dust and I think the most noise.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My dealer confirmed the TSB. Get mine done 9/12 pending parts. That’s all I know. Thanks for the post.
What is your dealer's name if you don't mind sharing?
Sponsored