Rumor has it there's a TSB out for noisy brakes...

On3Adam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
So this is covered under warranty? I’ve noticed this sound when reversing

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There's something fishy about this. I can't find any information online regarding a TSB with that number. The part number listed (DG9Z 2C150B) is a brake caliper mount kit, but (according to oemfordpart.com) it doesn't fit the Bronco Sport.
Found the same thing as far as the part number not fitting the '21 Bronco Sport but did find the P/N CV6Z-2C150-A Kit that does fit . It's confusing, hopefully my dealer service dept can figure it out and get the right parts ordered.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Found the same thing as far as the part number not fitting the '21 Bronco Sport but did find the P/N CV6Z-2C150-A Kit that does fit . It's confusing, hopefully my dealer service dept can figure it out and get the right parts ordered.
I have seen indirect evidence (pics from a Ford service dept service order), but it's not listed at any sites that compile TSBs.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have seen indirect evidence (pics from a Ford service dept service order), but it's not listed at any sites that compile TSBs.
Found this on NHTSA webpage. Even though it is listed under "Suspension" the remedy is to replace the caliper bushings.
August 18, 2022 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: TSB 22-2326
Components: SUSPENSION

NHTSA ID Number: 10218630
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 22-2326
Summary
Some 2020-2022 Escape and 2022 Bronco Sport vehicles may exhibit a moan noise when the vehicle is driven in reverse (R) in cold weather and/or high humidity. This may be due to the suspension sensitivity of the vehicle. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to replace the rear caliper bushings.
5 Affected Products
Vehicles

MAKEMODELYEAR
FORDBRONCO SPORT2021-2022
FORDESCAPE2020-2022

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this on NHTSA webpage. Even though it is listed under "Suspension" the remedy is to replace the caliper bushings.
August 18, 2022 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: TSB 22-2326
Components: SUSPENSION

NHTSA ID Number: 10218630
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 22-2326
Summary
Some 2020-2022 Escape and 2022 Bronco Sport vehicles may exhibit a moan noise when the vehicle is driven in reverse (R) in cold weather and/or high humidity. This may be due to the suspension sensitivity of the vehicle. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to replace the rear caliper bushings.
5 Affected Products
Vehicles

MAKEMODELYEAR
FORDBRONCO SPORT2021-2022
FORDESCAPE2020-2022
Well, there you go; the NHTSA finally updated its site.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't know why there always seems to be some question from people who don't have this problem as to whether the problem exists.
Mine has never done it but I have seen videos posted online with the loud boat in the harbor type sound. Those videos made me a believer yeah this is real for some sports and definitely an issue not normal.

There is brake noise that is normal but then there is this excessive non normal noise some sports have. Luckily Ford has a TSB that addresses the root cause of this issue so that a giant step in the right direction. So apparently Ford took complaints seriously dug in and found a solution. Now getting the dealer clowns to fix issue yeah that a whole other challenge.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Well, noise is back, so I can't recommend now. I think it just must be the material of the pad. It isn't evident unless it's wet/humid outside. Guess that will progress more over time. Sigh. I had hopes!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, noise is back, so I can't recommend now. I think it just must be the material of the pad.
The issue is the guide pins. If they aren't properly sized and lubricated they can't prevent the resonance causing the noise.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My nose is back after a little over two weeks. Not as bad as before but I expect it to get worse. On top of that my pads are now sticking: when I stop at a light and get ready to proceed I have to give more gas than normal to get the brakes to "break loose". It's a noticeable feeling and it lasted all day yesterday. Gonna give my local dealer a go and see if they can determine the cause.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when I stop at a light and get ready to proceed I have to give more gas than normal to get the brakes to "break loose".
Do you have Auto Hold enabled? Auto hold allows you to take your foot off the brake pedal when stopped, and releases when you step on the accelerator pedal. If you're not used to it it can seem like the brakes are sticking.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you have Auto Hold enabled? Auto hold allows you to take your foot off the brake pedal when stopped, and releases when you step on the accelerator pedal. If you're not used to it it can seem like the brakes are sticking.
Not usin
I'll check to see if auto hold was engaged accidentally as I have never used it before.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks! Indicator light wasn't on but when I engaged the auto hold the light still doidn't come on. I recycled the switch a couple of times and the light started to turn on and off. Made sure auto hold was off and drove without any problem. Guessing the auto hold was initially activated by mistake but the light didn't work. All seems to be working now.
Sponsored