Any Ideas of Changes coming for 2024? .... NOT Rumor Mill !!!!!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Wondering if anyone has some accurate knowledge of the changes coming for 2024? I know the Order Banks open on July 17th.... getting Ccose.
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You're not going to get anything but speculation at this point. We really won't know until we're down to the wire of order banks reopening in July.

However, internal Ford documents did hint the release of a hybrid version in 2024. I'm going to daydream for fun since your question can't be answered right now and say this could be the year we see a hybrid Sport. They will usually swap out a few colors and options as well. I'm rooting for desert tan or the neat copper-orange color I've seen on the Ranger. An automatic lift gate and heated rear seats would be nice options too.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
You're not going to get anything but speculation at this point. We really won't know until we're down to the wire of order banks reopening in July.

However, internal Ford documents did hint the release of a hybrid version in 2024. I'm going to daydream for fun since your question can't be answered right now and say this could be the year we see a hybrid Sport. They will usually swap out a few colors and options as well. I'm rooting for desert tan or the neat copper-orange color I've seen on the Ranger. An automatic lift gate and heated rear seats would be nice options too.
Good calls, Iā€™ll disagree with the automatic hatch. Putting that on decreases how much you can put on the roof and I just donā€™t see Ford doing that on a car that is marketed like the sport is.

I could very well be wrong though.

My hope would be they add tilting seats or a seat extender for the front. Iā€™m probably wrong but who knows.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport

If it usus the same hybrid parts as the Maverick I think it would be a dumb idea to roll it out on the Sport until the supply of parts issue is resolved. They've already taken more hybrid Maverick orders than they can produce for the last two model years. There's a lot of pissed off people still waiting for almost two years for their hybrid order. Adding more demand on the same parts that you're already short of would be a massive mistake I'd think.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Good calls, Iā€™ll disagree with the automatic hatch. Putting that on decreases how much you can put on the roof and I just donā€™t see Ford doing that on a car that is marketed like the sport is.
I learn something new every day. I had no idea an automatic liftgate decreases the maximum roof load. I don't care about power liftgates very much but I know others have been asking for them since it's a common offering on other similar models. If it reduces what I can put on the roof, it's not worth it.

Last edited:

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
If you exclude rumor, then you are left only with official Ford statements. It's a self-defeating thread title.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

That will add weight to the Bronco (battery and motor(s), so I'd guess the mileage range would even itself out, meaning not much in the way of fuel savings.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
If it usus the same hybrid parts as the Maverick I think it would be a dumb idea to roll it out on the Sport until the supply of parts issue is resolved. They've already taken more hybrid Maverick orders than they can produce for the last two model years. There's a lot of pissed off people still waiting for almost two years for their hybrid order. Adding more demand on the same parts that you're already short of would be a massive mistake I'd think.
I seem to recall a rumor that Ford will be building a plant that only builds mavericks. Not that Iā€™d want one, I canā€™t even get in one of the tiny s.o.b.s

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the ā€˜Raptorā€™ version to be addedā€¦ The Raptorā€™s of the Bronco, Maverick, et all, seem to be in high demandā€¦ After 10K miles, Iā€™m still happy with my 22ā€™ Badlandsā€¦!

Ford Bronco Sport Any Ideas of Changes coming for 2024?   .... NOT Rumor Mill !!!!! IMG_9780

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
When are the '24s due to hit dealer lots?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
OP
OP
Martinjv71

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the ā€˜Raptorā€™ version to be addedā€¦ The Raptorā€™s of the Bronco, Maverick, et all, seem to be in high demandā€¦ After 10K miles, Iā€™m still happy with my 22ā€™ Badlandsā€¦!

Ford Bronco Sport Any Ideas of Changes coming for 2024?   .... NOT Rumor Mill !!!!! IMG_9780
I would be surprised....... That would be like making a Ford Edge Raptor lol..... This is not a beefy enough vehicle to be considered for that.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I seem to recall a rumor that Ford will be building a plant that only builds mavericks. Not that Iā€™d want one, I canā€™t even get in one of the tiny s.o.b.s
I haven't heard that rumor yet. They are adding on a third shift at Hermosillo starting anyday now. That should help some but if they can't get the parts to build the hybrid power train then all the new plants in the world won't make a single bit of difference.

I wondered about fitting in them as well but went ahead and ordered one without seeing one in person. I'm 6'2" and 300 lbs. and they're honestly a little comfier to drive than the Bronco. The seat itself isn't quite as nice but as far as getting in and out and driving position I find it way easier.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
So order banks were due to open today for the Sport (not sure if they actually did). Build and Price is still not updated (not uncommon, usually lags for a few weeks behind the order bank). However, surely someone can see the DORA system and let us know the changes, colors, updates, etc.
Sponsored