First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Drilling into the honeycomb🐝 grille was a little sketchy but pulled it off. I went with four raptor lights spliced into the head lights wire (thick brown and blue wire driver side.)

Wish I went with the fog lights wire.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 20220517_095556

Last edited:

madfella

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Drilling into the honeycomb🐝 grille was a little sketchy but pulled it off. I went with four raptor lights spliced into the head lifts wire (thick brown and blue wire driver side.)

I think it looks good with all four. And why aren't you happy with the headlights wire? Is that also the DRL wire? Why would you want to go with the foglights wire?

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Drilling into the honeycomb🐝 grille was a little sketchy but pulled it off. I went with four raptor lights spliced into the head lifts wire (thick brown and blue wire driver side.)

I’m having slight regrets of just doing the 3 lights instead of the 4… looks real nice.
Are you going to put some wire mesh overlay to finish the look?

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m having slight regrets of just doing the 3 lights instead of the 4… looks real nice.
Are you going to put some wire mesh overlay to finish the look?
It was a tight squeeze installing the raptor lights closest to the headlights. I used a tiny screwdriver for glasses to bolt them on. Dam near impossible to fit your hand back behind the grille there.

I may use the mesh so it's looks sealed. Still considering it :)

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think it looks good with all four. And why aren't you happy with the headlights wire? Is that also the DRL wire? Why would you want to go with the foglights wire?
Yes, the DRL wire.

I thought the raptor lights would turn on with the day time dimmers and stay on during the day. When spliced into the DRL wire the raptor lights only turn on when you turn on the headlights.

I was thinking about connecting the lights to the fog lights wire because there more aesthetically pleasing with both on. The raptor lights cut through the fog better than I thought.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It was a tight squeeze installing the raptor lights closest to the headlights. I used a tiny screwdriver for glasses to bolt them on. Dam near impossible to fit your hand back behind the grille there.

I may use the mesh so it's looks sealed. Still considering it :)
Yeah, even for mine it was a tight squeeze, and I really didn’t want to take the whole front off again after installing the nudge bar.

My only note for the mesh is that the center slot is not as wide as the outside slots, so you need to cut 2 different mesh widths.

and the only way I got my mesh inserts to fit was with some rubber edge stripping that I glued to the mesh after bending to the appropriate shape.

im working on a 3D print PLA mesh insert To replace it, but I’m far from that being finished. Overall though, it really makes the front pop with the accent lights underneath.

nice build!

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah, even for mine it was a tight squeeze, and I really didn’t want to take the whole front off again after installing the nudge bar.

My only note for the mesh is that the center slot is not as wide as the outside slots, so you need to cut 2 different mesh widths.

and the only way I got my mesh inserts to fit was with some rubber edge stripping that I glued to the mesh after bending to the appropriate shape.

im working on a 3D print PLA mesh insert To replace it, but I’m far from that being finished. Overall though, it really makes the front pop with the accent lights underneath.

nice build!

Noted :), I'll most likely install the mesh sometime next week. Looks more slick and flush with the whole setup.

When you finish send pics. Your BS is looking sweet!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
W
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 20220520_132001

eather Late April😲🌨?

#coloradonative
You mean, late May! It was 88 yesterday and the high was this morning at 42 but now 33. In 24 hours it is 55 degrees cooler. At one point last night at my house it dropped 30 degrees in about an hour.

BlackPearl

Badlands
First Name
Silvia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone with a badlands grill installed raptor/accent lights yet?

OB_Bronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I spliced into the driver’s side front parking light and it worked perfectly.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights ED3EE127-ED87-43B3-9BC6-056E68DE0AE6

How did you get to the parking light? Looks pretty tight

madfella

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
How did you get to the parking light? Looks pretty tight
I removed the wheel well liner and then removed the black fabric tape that has the wires doubled back. It was a little tight, but there was just enough room. Use the three way wire taps I linked in an earlier post.
Sponsored