GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone out there running accent (raptor) grill lights?

Anyone out there figure out how to tie them in to the system/parking lighs?

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights Screenshot_20220304-073721_eBay
Sponsored

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone out there running accent (raptor) grill lights?

Anyone out there figure out how to tie them in to the system/parking lighs?

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights Screenshot_20220304-073721_eBay
On my Ranger there was a plug and play kit that used side marker plug. Until someone comes up a similar set up have to hard wire into it.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
On my Ranger there was a plug and play kit that used side marker plug. Until someone comes up a similar set up have to hard wire into it.
That's what I was planning, but I've heard the light harness is an enigma and tightly packed.

NVSport

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport & 2015 Mustang GT C/V
I added the side marker lights to the turn signal circuit with zero issues. I doubt these would draw more than a couple of amps and super easy to access wiring off of head lamp harness. Just make sure your connection is water tight. Solder and good electrical tape and/or heat shrink should do the trick.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I added the side marker lights to the turn signal circuit with zero issues. I doubt these would draw more than a couple of amps and super easy to access wiring off of head lamp harness. Just make sure your connection is water tight. Solder and good electrical tape and/or heat shrink should do the trick.
I was thinking of splicing into the side marker lights on the bumper. They are DTR (I think) but they don't shut off with the turn signal and it would definitely be easier.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I got a set that I’m about ready to install. I have other lights that I am installing at the same time, so I got a 6 switch/controller. I was just going to drop my raptor lights into the switch and turn them on/off manually. The set I got came with a 10amp fuse tap, so if you decide to splice, they shouldn’t draw too much actors from your headlamps. I’ve just read too many horror stories on the wiring and splicing of wires on here to be that confident in splicing into factory wiring… that’s why I just put it into the controller.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I got a set that I’m about ready to install. I have other lights that I am installing at the same time, so I got a 6 switch/controller. I was just going to drop my raptor lights into the switch and turn them on/off manually. The set I got came with a 10amp fuse tap, so if you decide to splice, they shouldn’t draw too much actors from your headlamps. I’ve just read too many horror stories on the wiring and splicing of wires on here to be that confident in splicing into factory wiring… that’s why I just put it into the controller.
Agreed. That's the main reason I don't want to mess with the head light setup. They are tied in to other systems, multiple lights and a cooling fan. That's asking for trouble.
My raptor lights are knock offs from ebay to try out. Which ones did you get?
Are you drilling through the grill above the lettering? I'm going to try them below first so I don't. Plus I saw one with that setup and it looked good.

Last edited:

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry for the delayed response. I got the Bona Grille Lights. Cheap, sufficient. Wire hosing is complete crap, so I stripped it all and re-secured with better flex conduit tubing.

I have not gotten them hooked up yet though, and im just going to run it into a switch on my controller. It came with a 20amp Fuse tap that I ended up re-purposing for the ACC connection for my switch panel to the interior fuse box.

the rear of the lights are flush except for the wire connections that require a 5/8 hole drilled into the plastic of the top grille that I have. Im going to center the lights in the 3 cutouts on the upper part of the grille, as well as the side screw holes on the lights for secure mounting. im going to use some rubber matting I cut to place between the light and the plastic grill to create a water seal.

Finally, I got some Black Metal Grille Mesh that im going to mold to fit into the cutouts to give it a much finished look. Ill end up being able to pop them in and out if necessary with the help of Rubber Edge Trim that ill glue to the mesh insert edges once molded.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry for the delayed response. I got the Bona Grille Lights. Cheap, sufficient. Wire hosing is complete crap, so I stripped it all and re-secured with better flex conduit tubing.

I have not gotten them hooked up yet though, and im just going to run it into a switch on my controller. It came with a 20amp Fuse tap that I ended up re-purposing for the ACC connection for my switch panel to the interior fuse box.

the rear of the lights are flush except for the wire connections that require a 5/8 hole drilled into the plastic of the top grille that I have. Im going to center the lights in the 3 cutouts on the upper part of the grille, as well as the side screw holes on the lights for secure mounting. im going to use some rubber matting I cut to place between the light and the plastic grill to create a water seal.

Finally, I got some Black Metal Grille Mesh that im going to mold to fit into the cutouts to give it a much finished look. Ill end up being able to pop them in and out if necessary with the help of Rubber Edge Trim that ill glue to the mesh insert edges once molded.
Very well thought out. I like taking extra time to make mods looking clean and professional.
Post a picture when ur done. I'm planning on doing mine today but because of my expectations on the way I want it I won't be surprised if I stretch it out for another week. Lol

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Very well thought out. I like taking extra time to make mods looking clean and professional.
Post a picture when ur done. I'm planning on doing mine today but because of my expectations on the way I want it I won't be surprised if I stretch it out for another week. Lol
I hear ya. I picked up my BS second week in January. Since then I’ve just been in MOD overhaul, but can’t seem to find the time to just take a day and get it done.

Ive only been able to get my lift,tires, and side door vent lights installed fully. Everything else I have done is just partially completed.

Once I feel confident I finished everything I want to get done, I’m definitely posting pictures.

good luck on your build!

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I hear ya. I picked up my BS second week in January. Since then I’ve just been in MOD overhaul, but can’t seem to find the time to just take a day and get it done.

Ive only been able to get my lift,tires, and side door vent lights installed fully. Everything else I have done is just partially completed.

Once I feel confident I finished everything I want to get done, I’m definitely posting pictures.

good luck on your build!
Hey, real quick
Do you know of an aac point in the engine bay that's on with ignition only?

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey, real quick
Do you know of an aac point in the engine bay that's on with ignition only?
No, I don’t unfortunately. That has seemed to be a big topic of discussion throughout the forum. I’ve seen some people say they were going to tap into some instrument panel wires, but I have yet to see a diagram/photos/recommendations.

The only wiring info I found was for splicing in my side blinker vent lights into the headlight assembly.

That’s why I just decided to fuse tap into the interior fuse box (because engine fuse box is a nightmare).

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
No, I don’t unfortunately. That has seemed to be a big topic of discussion throughout the forum. I’ve seen some people say they were going to tap into some instrument panel wires, but I have yet to see a diagram/photos/recommendations.

The only wiring info I found was for splicing in my side blinker vent lights into the headlight assembly.

That’s why I just decided to fuse tap into the interior fuse box (because engine fuse box is a nightmare).
I'm in the interior fuse panel right now.
What slot did you use? #3?