OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I wonder how many people experiencing this lag haven't drive 4 cylinder cars, and this is a 3 cylinder. I've had plenty of small 4s that required Turning off the ac to pass.
Probably true with some people for sure. Id like to think im experienced with 4 cylinder turbos since my last 2 leased cars had 4 cyl turbos. What i am experiencing is way more of an issue than normal turbo lag. Also, while my badlands is at the dealer my current loaner is the escape which has the same engine and transmission and the power delivery and shifting is way smoother.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It’s definitely using 87 grade gas and hot days. I began using premium gas and haven’t experience this delay a single time since. I don’t feel like going through the hassle of bringing it into the dealer, but i have a paper trail for the power delay.

margarg

Big Bend
First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Trying to get a headcount to see how big of an issue this is as I have seen one or two other posts on here.

My badlands has been experiencing more frequent throttle delay and lag in power. I have 3,500 miles on the car, I use 91 octane, and am experiencing a lag in power when I accelerate. It happens often from a dead stop when I begin accelerating again. I will press on the throttle and there will be no response for what seems like 1+ to 2 seconds and then the car will jerk forward and accelerate. This also happens at low speeds when I am leaving my driveway around 1st or 2nd gear. The car seems like it is trying to figure out which gear to shift to and the shifts become very “jerky” and not smooth. I have had multiple passengers notice how abrupt and hesitant the shifts are at low speeds of 10-20 mph. I know this is a known issue at high temperatures 90+ but I have noticed this at 70-80 degrees as well.

The last straw was this past weekend when I began to merge onto a highway with plenty of room and the hesitation in power occurred again. I ended up almost cutting off someone and had to floor it once the throttle finally responded.

If anyone has had similar issues let me know. I am happy to consolidate and contact Ford if this is a big enough issue for a recall etc..

Thanks.

I have this issue! Just posted on another thread. I have an appointment scheduled. Could this be as a result of the recall for the Fuel Delivery Module?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have this issue! Just posted on another thread. I have an appointment scheduled. Could this be as a result of the recall for the Fuel Delivery Module?
Use your VIN at NHTSA, it will show if your vehicle is affected by the FDM module.

OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just picked up my badlands from service and they could not replicate the issue. I test drove with a women at the counter when i dropped the car off and she noticed the issue, but none of the techs could replicate. There is no recall i just checked. Extremely frustrated. My loaner was the escape with the 2 liter 4 cyl and was a lot smoother especially around 1st and 2nd gear at slow speeds.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I just picked up my badlands from service and they could not replicate the issue. I test drove with a women at the counter when i dropped the car off and she noticed the issue, but none of the techs could replicate. There is no recall i just checked. Extremely frustrated. My loaner was the escape with the 2 liter 4 cyl and was a lot smoother especially around 1st and 2nd gear at slow speeds.
Hello, there! Send us a private message with your Bronco Sport's VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this issue. Thanks!

wht1986

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The turbo delay hasnt been too bad, but the torque steer on my badlands kicking in while punching it to try and pass someone on the highway is definetely not a safe feeling. i've had to adjust my driving style because of how hard it pulls

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a first edition badlands and the only time I have experienced this is when I forgot to take it out of echo mode ,it definitely lags in that mode.
When starting I have noted it acts like you have parked next to a speed bump and have to power over it. Then I noticed the brake light was on as if I had used the hold feature. Had not so I assume it is some hill hold feature. Brake light goes off after it starts moving.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have not had any lag or hesitation issues with my Badlands. When you really get on it, it has torque steer and will go where it wants, that gets your attention quick.
No problems with hesitation with my Big Bend with a/c on or any time. No torque steer with 1.5 either. Don't know why people feel 181 horses is too little. My 1976 Rally Sport Camaro had a V8 5 litre that only produced 150 horses and the 350 4 barrel V8 only made 165. Neither had any power problems. Don't be afraid to give it a little gas, oh and 87 octane is just fine.

margarg

Big Bend
First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

margarg

Big Bend
First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just picked up my Big Bend And they too said they were unable to replicate the issue I was having. At least I have it on record. Told them I really don’t want to get broadsided since my issue always seems to happen when I am making a left hand turn, it has never happened when I make a right hand turn, which is a little strange.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The turbo delay hasnt been too bad, but the torque steer on my badlands kicking in while punching it to try and pass someone on the highway is definetely not a safe feeling. i've had to adjust my driving style because of how hard it pulls
On my test drives I don't remember either of the two BS's doing that.. But I do remember test driving an Escape (2.0/AWD) a year earlier that did have some torque steer.
The Escape had close to 400lbs of passengers in the back seats and the BS back seats were empty.

OP
OP

bgomez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have experienced the torque steer pretty often and noticed more and more people commenting about it as well. The good thing is now I know its coming when I step on the gas and am turning. The first time it happened wasn't so fun. Guess this is what happens when you roll the dice on a first year model! I still am enjoying the badlands though, just wish these annoying issues were sorted already.

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine continues to do it, at all temperatures, 70degrees even, and I put the high octane to see if that would make a difference, and nothing, just keeps doing it. It will even lag when going at a steady speed. Fuel module defect sounds encouraging. Will be anxious to hear!
Sponsored