Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just wanted to share this feature on Fordpass for those who have never used it. I'm currently in Germany for my birthday (Prost! 🍻) and have been checking on my Badlands sitting across the world at the Charlotte Airport thanks to the handy dandy map feature.

Ford Bronco Sport One of the Best Fordpass Features Screenshot_20231017_081750_FordPass

Ford Bronco Sport One of the Best Fordpass Features Screenshot_20231017_082836_FordPass

If you've never used this, hit the "Map" icon in the bottom right corner. You can use it to make sure your car is still in the same spot if you're away. It's also really helpful if you're trying to find where you've parked. You can zoom in on your Sport for a pretty accurate GPS point of where your vehicle is currently sitting. Additionally, it can be used to find nearby dealerships, collision services, and electric chargers if you're driving an electric vehicle. A couple years ago, the onboard GPS used to track each drive you took and stored the data on the app. For better or for worse, that feature was removed, but I'm very thankful this one stayed. It's pretty cool, especially since Fordpass is free and doesn't require a subscription.
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Nice Birthday present!
What part of Germany? I spent 5 years over there, primarily in Mannheim.

So, I gotta ask, what happens if you see that the Bronco is not where you parked it?!?

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Birthday present!
What part of Germany? I spent 5 years over there, primarily in Mannheim.

So, I gotta ask, what happens if you see that the Bronco is not where you parked it?!?
We've bounced around Bavaria a little bit, then headed a few hours northwest to tour a couple castles and take in the sights. We're staying in Bamberg primarily with my boyfriend's 96-year-old Omi. I'm loving every moment of it and can hardly wait to come back.

I guess if it's not where I parked it, I'll just have to use the map and hunt it down! All the cars here in Germany are so tiny. We have a 1.2L turbo Opel Crossland we're driving around the country. It makes me really thankful to have the Bronco, I'll tell you what. 🤣

Last edited:

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Happy Birthday and enjoy Bavaria!! it IS Beautiful there !!
Nice to see your BS is comfy and enjoying it's stay in Charlotte....

Funny story.... my wife and kids went to visit my SIL and her family in Germany, back in '01... (her hub was stationed in Germany at the time.) Get this.... they brought their Suburban with them!!! So, there we are... 8 of us cruising the autobahn in this massive piece of American iron.... it wasn't TOO obvious where we were from!! funny stuff!! Enjoy your trip !!

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Just wanted to share this feature on Fordpass for those who have never used it. I'm currently in Germany for my birthday (Prost! 🍻) and have been checking on my Badlands sitting across the world at the Charlotte Airport thanks to the handy dandy map feature.

Ford Bronco Sport One of the Best Fordpass Features Screenshot_20231017_081750_FordPass

Ford Bronco Sport One of the Best Fordpass Features Screenshot_20231017_082836_FordPass

If you've never used this, hit the "Map" icon in the bottom right corner. You can use it to make sure your car is still in the same spot if you're away. It's also really helpful if you're trying to find where you've parked. You can zoom in on your Sport for a pretty accurate GPS point of where your vehicle is currently sitting. Additionally, it can be used to find nearby dealerships, collision services, and electric chargers if you're driving an electric vehicle. A couple years ago, the onboard GPS used to track each drive you took and stored the data on the app. For better or for worse, that feature was removed, but I'm very thankful this one stayed. It's pretty cool, especially since Fordpass is free and doesn't require a subscription.
You can also track your vehicle in real time if someone else is driving it.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
We've bounced around Bavaria a little bit, then headed a few hours northwest to tour a couple castles and take in the sights. We're staying in Bamberg primarily with my boyfriend's 96-year-old Omi. I'm loving every moment of it and can hardly wait to come back.

I guess if it's not where I parked it, I'll just have to use the map and hunt it down! All the cars here in Germany are so tiny. We have a 1.2L turbo Opel Crossland we're driving around the country. It makes me really thankful to have the Bronco, I'll tell you what. 🤣
Germany is light years ahead of the world in making small eco friendly engines. While I was there in the 80's, I was driving around in a Mercedes's (frequent flyer and rental miles had its advantages). I had to fuel up after about 3 weeks, and only then did I realize I was driving a diesel! Quiet and clean burning. And their mass transit system is the best. Don't really need a car in most areas.

Bayern is a beautiful area indeed. Enjoy it all while you are there.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Checking on your car while on vacation shows us just how much you love, love, love your Bronco. Hell, I don't even check on the dog! :clap:

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checking on your car while on vacation shows us just how much you love, love, love your Bronco. Hell, I don't even check on the dog! :clap:
I've been watching the Ring doorbell to check on the pet sitter coming and going too...but I do really love my Bronco. 🙂

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I'm with Mark on this one! Except I don't have a dog so I don't check on it nor do I have too! Enjoy your time over there Kris. It's been a few years for me as we have several sites all over Germany but I've been passing the torch so I don't travel like I used too. It's a great place to drive at least compared to many places in Europe.

You'll have to let us know how many Bronco's or Bronco Sports you see while you are there! 🤔

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
My first Bronco Sport was a total loss five months after I bought it. The insurance company sold it at auction as a salvage and the new owner never changed the FordPass registration, so I still check on its location once in a while.

I also got the Ford points when they had a repair done at a dealer lol. Occasionally I get the evil idea to remote start it or at least activate the lights and horn, but luckily my angel side stops me …

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I bought mine I was told by the Ford Rep that you can start the vehicle from 1,000 miles away... Not sure how useful that would be but I guess with satellite communications there isn't much of a middle ground between WiFi Range and Long Range :cwl:

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Scheduled remote start is handy along with fuel level.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My first Bronco Sport was a total loss five months after I bought it. The insurance company sold it at auction as a salvage and the new owner never changed the FordPass registration, so I still check on its location once in a while.

I also got the Ford points when they had a repair done at a dealer lol. Occasionally I get the evil idea to remote start it or at least activate the lights and horn, but luckily my angel side stops me …
Your angel is a lot stronger than mine would be. :devil:

Last edited: