Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ok miles per oil load is changing on my BS Base.
At 1,000 miles I was at 90% that means a 10k mile interval.
Now at 2,000 miles I'm at 75% so that means a 8,000 miles interval.
My engine is broken in better now and I'm driving it like I want.
This cannot be just a mileage counter.
I'll be switching the oil load to Motorcraft Full synthetic at 5,000 just because I want to.
Once on full syn and the oli life monitor is reset it will be interesting to see how many miles I'll have on the full synthetic when I'm at 90 and 75 percent oil life..
If your driving habits stay about the same, the interval and percentages should be the same as well regardless of the oil type. The Ford intelligent oil life monitor takes in to account Idling time, cold starts, engine and vehicle speeds etc but in no way has any idea what the chemistry of the oil is like.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
If your driving habits stay about the same, the interval and percentages should be the same as well regardless of the oil type. The Ford intelligent oil life monitor takes in to account Idling time, cold starts, engine and vehicle speeds etc but in no way has any idea what the chemistry of the oil is like.
Ok sounds good to me. But I may push my full synthetic to 10k even if it says change at 8k miles, or 7k for this factory oil load thats a blend.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
1-2k miles for the first change, once the engine feels broken in, once the surfaces have polished.
Then I leave it to the computer and use hi quality full syn and a quality low micron filter.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok sounds good to me. But I may push my full synthetic to 10k even if it says change at 8k miles, or 7k for this factory oil load thats a blend.
If you run the motorcraft full syn to 10k and just happen to get an oil analysis (if you are into that sort of thing) make sure to post the results here! Good luck w/ your Bronco Sport

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you run the motorcraft full syn to 10k and just happen to get an oil analysis (if you are into that sort of thing) make sure to post the results here! Good luck w/ your Bronco Sport
Any help on how to find a lab that does this, where to send a sample ?

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Link saved. I'll try and get this done. I'll do one at 5k and a second at 10k on the full syn. I should be able to find a thin tube and pull some out from the dip stick hole.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Link saved. I'll try and get this done. I'll do one at 5k and a second at 10k on the full syn. I should be able to find a thin tube and pull some out from the dip stick hole.
That would be awesome, Osco!

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Ok miles per oil load is changing on my BS Base.
At 1,000 miles I was at 90% that means a 10k mile interval.
Now at 2,000 miles I'm at 75% so that means a 8,000 miles interval.
My engine is broken in better now and I'm driving it like I want.
This cannot be just a mileage counter.
I'll be switching the oil load to Motorcraft Full synthetic at 5,000 just because I want to.
Once on full syn and the oli life monitor is reset it will be interesting to see how many miles I'll have on the full synthetic when I'm at 90 and 75 percent oil life..
I am at 2231 and 78% remaining (about 10.6 K miles)

WoodmanMN

Base
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My take as a middle aged car guy who pays attention to the little stuff.

Yes, modern oils are MUCH better than the stuff we had 30 years ago when I started driving. But, contamination is still a thing.
The oil life monitor is handy, but it's a guide, not a rule. It's your vehicle, so you do what you want, but I'm going to be changing the oil every 5K with full synthetic. I've had good luck with Mobil 1 over the years, so I'll stick with that. I do use Motorcraft filters whenever possible. Avoid FRAM like the plague, they suck.
If you do go with the 10K that seems to be what the oil life monitor wants, at the very least change the filter every 5K and top off the oil, but again, I'm not the boss of you. Do as you wish.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I just ordered two kits , one for the BS at first oil change & one for my Super Duty @ 50K,( only full Syn. used in it )

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
1-2k miles for the first change, once the engine feels broken in, once the surfaces have polished.
Then I leave it to the computer and use hi quality full syn and a quality low micron filter.
I hope you're not talking about cylinders being polished, because thats the absolute last thing you want.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5,000 miles now, Oil Indicator at 36%.
Appointment set at Ford next week for an oil change, tire rotation, all fluids check. $39
They recommended the blend at 5 to 7.5 k miles over the full syn at longer intervals and agreed with me that full syn at shorter intervals was a waste of money.

Last edited:

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
5,000 miles now, Oil Indicator at 36%.
Appointment set at Ford next week for an oil change, tire rotation, all fluids check. $39
They recommended the blend at 5 to 7.5 k miles over the full sun at longer intervals and agreed with me that full syn at shorter intervals was a waste of money.
Is this your first change or did you do one at 2k? I am just about to hit 1K.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I run dual catch can on my '16 F150 3.5 Ecoboost since it was close to new (27k miles on it now). It catches a lot of nasty brown liquid that would otherwise be in the intercooler and intake manifold ect. Truck is out of warranty now but while it was under warranty I kept everything on had to remove it if it had to go in for something (has a bunch of open safety recalls but has not been back for anything to date).

I change my oil 3,000 - 5,000 in the F150 with the blend. But prob gonna go with Mobile 1 Full Synthetic with 5k change intervals. Yes I know it can go longer but direct injection oil dilution ect I will over maintain thank you. I think I got a good one no evidence of oil dilution to date but I will over maintain anyway. Over maintaining has worked well for me and help sleep better. And oil and filters are pretty cheap I change it myself on my two post lift.
Sponsored