fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I'll be sending my first oil change sample to here .
Ford Bronco Sport Oil change at what mileage / intervals? tempImagess1ABX
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Is this your first change or did you do one at 2k? I am just about to hit 1K.
1st oil change. I trust my oil filter. My oil looks, smells and feels fine @ 5k.

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport,ā€™18 Ford Fiesta,ā€™92 Ford Explorer
Hey Iā€™m new here and I would like to throw my .02 inā€¦I would recommend a a good synthetic oil and a strict 5k mileage oci. I have been studying the workshop manual for the 1.5 3cyl on Ford OASIS, and the cylinder deactivation on these engines operates off of engine oil pressure, similar to GMā€™s AFM. If anything can be learned from the AFM lifter collapse issues, as well as the 5.4 3V phaser problems, it is that good clean oil is essential. Not to mention you throw the turbo in there, which adds additional stress to the oil. I had a 3.5 EB in an f150 and changed the oil religiously and never experienced the timing chain rattle that can plague those engines. I just think I can buy oil cheaper than another engine! Anyhoo thanks for having me on board!

pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The 2.0L in my ā€˜18 Focus ST had a pretty good amount of fuel in the oil due to dilution after 5000 miles. I found (short of a catch can)full synthetic with its better sheer characteristics and a change at no more than 5000m on the dot seems to bode well w/ regards to an oil analysis.

pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Have BS Badlands an plan on going by the Oil Life sensor for oil changes. I will be using Costco, or amazons full synthetic 5/30 oil. Both oils rate as good or better than Mobil 1, with Motor-craft Filter. Costco has 5 Qt. twin pack for $25. Amazon has 6 pack for $25. One Costco 5qt, 1/2 Amazon qt. for oil change. So oil change for under $20.

pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Im going to go by the oil life sensor on my Badlands. Have been using Mobile 1 on all my vehicles, but am shifting to Costco , or Amazon, full synthetic. They are made by the same company in Omaha, and have a higher rating tan Mobile 1. They are both far cheaper than Mobile 1. Motor-craft filter, and oil for less than $20. More oil changes per dollar.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
first oil change today at 5,700 km or 3,500 miles.
plan on a long road trip next week so figured weā€™d give it a good once over, got the tires rotated too.
could be my mind playing tricks on me, but it felt better on the way home. even my gf thought the auto start/stop was engaged. ides smooth as silk now.
all done at the ford dealership we bought from. what a great experience we have been having there.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just had mine done at 5800 miles, I typically donā€™t go over 7500 miles. Since Ford did this one it is Motorcraft 5w-20 synthetic blend. I have Mobile 1 5w-20 and Motorcraft filters For the next one.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Took It home Mid December 2020....
10,000 miles just slipped by me last week, 2nd oil change done, $39 at Ford, can't beat that.
I Changed my mind and will NOT use a full synthetic oil.
Ford tells me the blend they offer is best for the wet belt and the turbo and is safe for a 7,500 mile Interval but I will err on the side of caution and do 5k mile Intervals.
Base model, Love the thing, Still no need for more features after a winter and a hot summer.
100% happy.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Easy as it is to change it myself, I have the dealer do it with Fords suggested oil type. However, since itā€™s MY engine, I change between 3-5,000 miles. Has worked well with 250,000+ on an 05 Escape (gone now)and 90,000 trouble free miles on 02 Excursion that served its purpose for us. Cheap insurance for me.

Zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands & Bronco Sport Badlands
Im 9,300 on my Badlands, oil life is still at 11% dealer told me to follow that for the oil change interval.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Canā€™t go wrong with mobile1 but personally I use Amsoil. I used it in my 1700cc Yamaha vtwin and my cars. I prefer it when you add in the high heat of a forced induction or high reving motor.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
second oil change done this week at dealer. 13,600 kms. every second oil change is free at my dealership! still runs like a champion.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Im 9,300 on my Badlands, oil life is still at 11% dealer told me to follow that for the oil change interval.
Dealer forgot to tell you to schedule when you get under 20% according to the indicator. Trust the computer I usually try to get it done before 15%, first one was 6200+ , at 10.5k with 39%.

IO_Engineer

Big Bend
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport and ford mustand
Do we have any documented examples of how Ford feels about the oil catch can idea regarding warranty issues ?
Really not a big deal anymore with the Dragon use port over direct injection because the valve are being cleaned. You won't have a low compression issue like previous model ECO boosts.

That said i work as a mechanic as a living. Eco boost wit 5000 oil vs 10,000 oil change after 90,000, i notice the big difference on the intakes being lot cleaner.

I'm keeping my BS at 5000 miles. It's cheapest insurance you can buy with motorcraft filter and recommended oil.
Sponsored