davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My BS came with the Off-Road Assistance Kit and I'm not sure where to store it. Being a backpack, it's kind of big to just keep in the back. And really, I'm on-road more than I'm off-road. I might keep the good stuff under the back floor and everything else in the house.

But I'm interested where everyone else keeps their On-Road and First Aid Assistance Kits. Other than the molle hoops on the back of the front seats, there aren't any other place to really store them. I think I've seen other manufacturers include a way to velcro them or mount them to the side of the trunk.
Sponsored

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Off road kit get tossed in the back. I just leave it there. Same for my winter kit. That comes out in the summer. I have the same set up in my F250.

The first aid kit is on the Molle behind the driver’s seat. It also contains a one handed tourniquet and an external suture kit.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Off road kit get tossed in the back. I just leave it there. Same for my winter kit. That comes out in the summer. I have the same set up in my F250.

The first aid kit is on the Molle behind the driver’s seat. It also contains a one handed tourniquet and an external suture kit.
I don't have the first aid kit, yet. Does it come with the tourniquet and suture kit?

I have a decent sized Rubbermaid tote I used to keep in my car with some necessities. I can probably just keep them in there, just to keep it clean.

I had planned to just keep it out but I realized the other day I tried to do some unplanned beach driving. It would be good to have if I got stuck... and I was a little worried I would!

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assembled it myself. I also have the same kit attached to my shooting range bag.

buy a molle bag, and fill it with what you want. I’m sure you can buy one with all the bits. But what fun is that. I assembled mine based on experience in the military, hunting, shooting and off-roading.

in addition to the stuff I mentioned, the kit has ace bandages, 4x4 pads, gloves, a CPR mask, medical tape, high quality band aids of all types, butterfly bandages, burn gel, eye wash, and non-aspirin pain reliever, blood stop powder, antiseptic wipes, paracord for making splints, plus some other bits.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
But I'm interested where everyone else keeps their On-Road and First Aid Assistance Kits.
There's room under the cargo floor where the spare tire goes. The first pic below shows everything I have stowed there. The next pic shows another poster's arrangement.

Ford Bronco Sport Where do you keep your Assistance Kits? survivalgear-

Ford Bronco Sport Where do you keep your Assistance Kits? 20221007_164526-

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
There's room under the cargo floor where the spare tire goes. The first pic below shows everything I have stowed there. The next pic shows another poster's arrangement.
I’ll see if I can squeeze all that under there. I really haven’t had a chance to look through it. All I remember seeing is a shovel, fire extinguisher, and some water pouches.

in addition to the stuff I mentioned, the kit has ace bandages, 4x4 pads, gloves, a CPR mask, medical tape, high quality band aids of all types, butterfly bandages, burn gel, eye wash, and non-aspirin pain reliever, blood stop powder, antiseptic wipes, paracord for making splints, plus some other bits.
Sounds good! All the stuff you hope you never need but you’ll be glad you have them if you do.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Nice kit. Just an FYI, after our last First Aid refresher we removed our CPR masks from our trucks because we are now trained not to do breathing because chest percussions alone provide better aid. Might save you a bit of space.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm lost. Were these kits standard on the Bronco Sport ? I bought my 22 BS BB in October of 22 and there were no kits nor mention of any kits.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'm lost. Were these kits standard on the Bronco Sport ? I bought my 22 BS BB in October of 22 and there were no kits nor mention of any kits.
My off-road kit was in the back compartment. The salesman said oh wow, look, Ford must be throwing these in with every purchase! And the 3 hour drive home I thought I was such a stud getting a free kit with my new car.

Until I saw the window sticker and realized I’m paying for it over the life of the loan. Really, if I had to take a kit, I probably would’ve have taken the on-road or first aid.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My off-road kit was in the back compartment. The salesman said oh wow, look, Ford must be throwing these in with every purchase! And the 3 hour drive home I thought I was such a stud getting a free kit with my new car.

Until I saw the window sticker and realized I’m paying for it over the life of the loan. Really, if I had to take a kit, I probably would’ve have taken the on-road or first aid.
Thanks David. Sorry to hear this. Yeah if they're discontinuing the hood insulation and engine cover I guess they are NOT throwing in something free. Sad

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks David. Sorry to hear this. Yeah if they're discontinuing the hood insulation and engine cover I guess they are NOT throwing in something free. Sad
While I was waiting for some other customer to get out of finance, I told some sales guy I should’ve asked for free mats or something. He said there’s not much profit on them so not much wiggle room but he said I can get a free cap.

I did find out later I get 2 free oil changes. I don’t remember anyone mentioning it that night but my sales guy said I’ll get them. Hopefully they remember that in a few months.
Sponsored