ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It's one thing to ship them to the dealership, but the dealership is not allowed to deliver the vehicle before it has been repaired as that dealership has done.
I thought I saw people saying the dealership was holding their vehicles until it was fixed, I didn’t realize some were letting the customer take it that way, yeah thats a no no. I wouldn’t even want to take it before it was fixed and risk having something happen when I’m driving.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I don't think that's legal. Its actually illegal for them to even import the car with a recall pending but it seems due to the mess over the past year that they are releasing the cars to dealerships to fix here. There's actually a $20K fine for each vehicle delivered to dealerships improperly!
There is the legal rub to this. Under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) Ford vehicles built in Mexico are considered domestic and not import. Thus the ability to ship them in to the dealers without fine issues due to recalls.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
There is the legal rub to this. Under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) Ford vehicles built in Mexico are considered domestic and not import. Thus the ability to ship them in to the dealers without fine issues due to recalls.
Shipping the vehicles to the dealership with an active recall is one thing, but once the dealership gets them, they are not allowed to deliver them until the recall has been fixed. Some dealerships are ignoring that and delivering them with an active recall which is against the law and opens the dealership up to getting a fine of $21,000 PER VEHICLE that they deliver without repairing. This is also outlined in the bulletins that are sent to each dealership describing the recall and the affected parts.

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Shipping the vehicles to the dealership with an active recall is one thing, but once the dealership gets them, they are not allowed to deliver them until the recall has been fixed. Some dealerships are ignoring that and delivering them with an active recall which is against the law and opens the dealership up to getting a fine of $21,000 PER VEHICLE that the deliver without repairing. This is also outlined in the bulletins that are sent to each dealership describing the recall and the affected parts.
I was only responding to the post which stated “Its actually illegal for them to even import the car with a recall pending” and was not addressing dealers releasing them.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Just a heads up, my June build got to the lot today. The recall was listed on my vehicle, but once it got the lot the salesman found the recall notice was removed. They either fixed it before shipping the vehicle and forgot to update the status, or just removed the recall notice.

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just a heads up, my June build got to the lot today. The recall was listed on my vehicle, but once it got the lot the salesman found the recall notice was removed. They either fixed it before shipping the vehicle and forgot to update the status, or just removed the recall notice.
My car also previously had the recall notice/had the fuel line outstanding in Ford ETIS, but it disappeared before it arrived and the salesman confirmed it had already been fixed.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m glad to hear that they are actually fixing these prior to leaving the factory even if the website isn’t updated. I’d be annoyed if I had to wait a month after delivery to pick it up due to the recall after sitting for months in the factory where they could have fixed it.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Desert damage.
My March order / June build finally made it out of the Mexico desert with its chips, 9 month later! The fuel pipe recall was done when it got to the dealership.
The dealer called to get the paperwork started and pick up the vehicle. So with one thing and another I couldn’t pick up this afternoon, Friday. So stopped down after hours to check it out. I’m not sure what is normal but I was surprised to see all the plastic covers on the seats etc and clearly nobody had even thrown a bucket of soapy water over it. What was a lot more disappointing was somebody had ripped off the white plastic protective on the black paint. But there was still all the adhesive left on the bodywork! I doubt this was meant to be left on for 6 months. I hope they don’t use carb cleaner to remove it and ruin the paint!
what else can I expect?

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert E478D1C8-9334-4D2C-A108-A53D0C8A039A

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert CCDE567F-FC0E-4EB9-BBCD-E8200B510025

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert CE9C670B-5EE8-48BD-9D57-D82EDA07AD05

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I feel for you. Mine has water spots that will need a buffer to get out. Plus dessert dust in the window felts that will probably never come out.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I feel for you. Mine has water spots that will need a buffer to get out. Plus dessert dust in the window felts that will probably never come out.
Thanks I’ll watch for that too, I expect the dealer to sort this all out before I pay and pick up! They can back charge Ford for the extra prep work.
I’m glad to say no talk of $5000 premium!

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
They should wash It up before you take it home, mine was perfect when I picked mine up. I’ll have to check the window felts or other hidden areas for desert dust as well but I haven’t noticed anything.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
They should wash It up before you take it home, mine was perfect when I picked mine up. I’ll have to check the window felts or other hidden areas for desert dust as well but I haven’t noticed anything.
They washed it, I took it through a wash. A wash won't touch the spots. I've tried a clay bar and they won't come out. It's going to take buffer or polisher to get them out.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw mine with the stickers on it when it rolled off the truck. Adhesive, dirt, missing hubs, foam blocks on the doors, etc. My dealership did a great job detailing before I picked it up, and I couldn't tell save for a tiny wisp of Sonoran desert on one of my interior panels.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I saw mine with the stickers on it when it rolled off the truck. Adhesive, dirt, missing hubs, foam blocks on the doors, etc. My dealership did a great job detailing before I picked it up, and I couldn't tell save for a tiny wisp of Sonoran desert on one of my interior panels.
Thats what I would expect too ….. but since they called for pickup me to pick it up I was surprised to see it in such a dirty state . I’ll check it out this morning .
Somebody get $1495 for destination and delivery ?

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert 8F83CFA9-6A13-4F56-A983-51A0168733A2
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert 3E53450A-E21E-4DF8-AEFC-AE669271DC15
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert 7B6F0186-A864-4F21-B9A5-AA5FBF5C20D4
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert E4D3E6E8-E472-4409-A601-98724A0AADC3

Finally out of the desert! Brought some dirt and dust with it but nothing they couldn’t get off. Very happy with the ride so far. Picked it up Friday 11/19 after it arrived Wednesday night 11/17.
Sponsored