First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Bummer. The detail guy said that to get the water spots out he would have to "burn through the clear coat".

I take that to mean that the water spots have eaten through the clear coat

The dealer is escalating to Ford to get it fixed.

There were several folks that said sitting in the desert would not hurt it. Maybe not all of them but it sure screwed up the paint on mine.

This after the detail guy did his thing.
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert IMG_20211202_123914434_HDR
Sorry to hear they could not buff out.

I thought mine was water spot free but I have noticed spots on hood and top of roof when in garage. I washed car and rubbed hood down with detail spray and it smoothed out spots and made them less noticable. I will try some of that $25 a can Mcquires cleaner wax next since I was able to get bad water spots out of another car before. I am leaning toward living with them cause out in sun you cant see them and have to get on ladder to see ones on roof. Rest of vehicle looks fabulous. Still real happy with mine overall.

For other rot lot ppl still waiting check top of roof before taking delivery.
Sponsored

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Sorry to hear they could not buff out.

I thought mine was water spot free but I have noticed spots on hood and top of roof when in garage. I washed car and rubbed hood down with detail spray and it smoothed out spots and made them less noticable. I will try some of that $25 a can Mcquires cleaner wax next since I was able to get bad water spots out of another car before. I am leaning toward living with them cause out in sun you cant see them and have to get on ladder to see ones on roof. Rest of vehicle looks fabulous. Still real happy with mine overall.

For other rot lot ppl still waiting check top of roof before taking delivery.
The detail guy didn't even try the roof. I guess he figured it was a lost cause and it does look awful. I shouldn't have looked at it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So I went out bought stuff which said it could remove water spots. I was able to get them out of roof paint. In most cases one try and some areas two applications. So in my case I was able to work them loose and lift out off paint surface

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_003202119

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_010559752

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_010635024

Reactions: MJE

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Badlands + BL package, tow package, and co pilot assist+. Finally in my possession after 8 long months. It waited for the recall fix at the dealership for a month. Detailing by the dealership was definitely not sufficient. Still very dirty. Also had a small chip where the hood closes. It was an hour+ from our house so I talked them into an extra $250 for our trade in instead of leaving it for more detailing. Touch up paint for the chip. I also opted for the ceramic coating and interior sealing so when I take it back for that it will get a super thorough detailing. Mine was the first “lot rot” BS they’ve had so I’m hopeful they’ll pay more attention as more come in. Haven’t gotten to drive it much yet but the drive home was nice. I’m a little nervous about the many issues that have been experienced by other people but hoping for the best.

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert DF0D41EA-B646-4EA2-A906-09BA62581E39

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert 5DB49E07-65ED-4FD0-8AF7-7593EAD2D8FE
You did a fantastic detailing job. Looks great!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Went over entire roof. That wax took the water stains out of sunroof glass too. So if I can get stains out of black top the white surfaces should be gravy....

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_012323229

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I went out bought stuff which said it could remove water spots. I was able to get them out of roof paint. In most cases one try and some areas two applications. So in my case I was able to work them loose and lift out off paint surface

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_003202119

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_010559752

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_010635024
I'll go get some. Did you do it by hand or use a machine?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I'll go get some. Did you do it by hand or use a machine?
I did by had. Brand new wax applicator and detail towel from auto parts store that is made for car paint. Rinse applicator in bucket frequently. I washed car and wet over it with Mcguires detail spray first to get as much off as possible before wax.

I will wash car after I get rest of spots out and wax again with that Mcguires paste $25 a can stuff....

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did by had. Brand new wax applicator and detail towel from auto parts store that is made for car paint. Rinse applicator in bucket frequently. I washed car and wet over it with Mcguires detail spray first to get as much off as possible before wax.

I will wash car after I get rest of spots out and wax again with that Mcguires paste $25 a can stuff....
Thanks. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

I've got a bad back so I'll be doing it in small bits.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

I've got a bad back so I'll be doing it in small bits.
Micro fiber towel was what I used to remove wax. A regular bathroom towel will scratch paint.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I've got them. Costco sells nice ones in a Costco sized pack :)
The water stains on hood turned out to be way more difficult to remove. Some were so stubborn I used Scratch Out and that either completely got rid of them or made them so faint really hard to see. Top of doors those stains came out easy. I may work some areas on hood later on. But at this point its one of those I am the only one that sees anything type of thing. If I keep trying to fix something that aint broke I might mess it up so I prob best leave it be....

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_144646859

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_145754024

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_145809484

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert PXL_20211203_153826720

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did some hand polishing with some turtle wax Color Back that I've had for as long as I can remember.

It's getting spots out that the detailer did not. It's not very abrasive at all so it surprised me that it seemed to be working.

Drove around looking for the Meguiars 3 in 1 and found it at Wally World. Also picked up a polishing and wax pad for my Griots polisher. I haven't decided how much hand vs machine I'm going to do.

I see in your pictures that you have the mottling in your paint as I do. I wonder what caused that.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I did some hand polishing with some turtle wax Color Back that I've had for as long as I can remember.

It's getting spots out that the detailer did not. It's not very abrasive at all so it surprised me that it seemed to be working.

Drove around looking for the Meguiars 3 in 1 and found it at Wally World. Also picked up a polishing and was pad for my Griots polisher. I haven't decided how much hand vs machine I'm going to do.

I see in your pictures that you have the mottling in your paint as I do. I wonder what caused that.
Glad to hear you able to get some spots out.

Not sure about mottling in my paint? Might be reflections in my garage? Only flaw I saw in my paint was those water spot stains and I was able to get them out for the most part.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you able to get some spots out.

Not sure about mottling in my paint? Might be reflections in my garage? Only flaw I saw in my paint was those water spot stains and I was able to get them out for the most part.
It's probably just the way pic looks. On my A51 paint it has slightly darker areas that almost like little veins or tiny dark spots.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
It's probably just the way pic looks. On my A51 paint it has slightly darker areas that almost like little veins or tiny dark spots.
Ok yeah mine don't have anything like that. On mine the color looks pretty consistent.
Sponsored