Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford...

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This doesn't make any sense. The car is covered bumper-to-bumper for the first 3yr/36K miles. Unless you made some modification to the vehicle that damaged the alternator it should absolutely be covered under warranty.
We purchased the car 4 months ago with over 34k on it. Inspected, all that, said it was great. Didn’t mention the outstanding recall on it, but we did. They said there’s a wait for the part and that they would contact us about getting it in. They never did. We reached out to a dealership close to my husbands work who ordered the part and came out to my husbands work to do the repair on site.
The bronco now has 54k on it. It is back at the dealership we purchased it from, because it stopped working while my husband was driving it. No safety features or check engines lights have ever come up! Then we received a health notification that same day saying it needed service for a bad fuel injector and it was a CSP under the last recall, covered under warranty. One Ford dealership scammed us, made us put a new battery in it and said it had transmission issues and they couldn’t fix that at their location. Took it back to original dealership we purchased from. Now all of a sudden they are saying the car is making a God awful noise and that the bearings in the alternator are bad and we have to replace the alternator and it will cost us $1354 plus tax on parts. Oh and I’m sure there’s also the $196 diagnostic fee.
I contacted Ford.
Praying they fix this mess.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
We purchased the car 4 months ago with over 34k on it. Inspected, all that, said it was great. Didn’t mention the outstanding recall on it, but we did. They said there’s a wait for the part and that they would contact us about getting it in. They never did. We reached out to a dealership close to my husbands work who ordered the part and came out to my husbands work to do the repair on site.
The bronco now has 54k on it. It is back at the dealership we purchased it from, because it stopped working while my husband was driving it. No safety features or check engines lights have ever come up! Then we received a health notification that same day saying it needed service for a bad fuel injector and it was a CSP under the last recall, covered under warranty. One Ford dealership scammed us, made us put a new battery in it and said it had transmission issues and they couldn’t fix that at their location. Took it back to original dealership we purchased from. Now all of a sudden they are saying the car is making a God awful noise and that the bearings in the alternator are bad and we have to replace the alternator and it will cost us $1354 plus tax on parts. Oh and I’m sure there’s also the $196 diagnostic fee.
I contacted Ford.
Praying they fix this mess.
I guess it wasn't a Ford certified used vehicle.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just got a call back from our dealership. They said it’s not the fuel injectors it’s a bad alternator and that it’s $ 1400 to replace, not covered under our warranty plus I will have to pay for the 200 diagnostics.
we just purchased this vehicle 4 months ago.
I am livid! And I don’t have 13 dollars I do t know what the heck I’m gonna do
Did you purchase used? Do you have any mechanical knowledge? Replace the alternator yourself! Or take it somewhere else since it's not covered under warranty. I am a Ford student, if you're in the Pittsburgh area, I can help put it in.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Did you purchase used? Do you have any mechanical knowledge? Replace the alternator yourself! Or take it somewhere else since it's not covered under warranty. I am a Ford student, if you're in the Pittsburgh area, I can help put it in.
This is what to do. Don't pay a dealership inflated labor rates for out of warranty work.

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m in North Myrtle Beach , SC
I do have mechanical knowledge… but not on Fords, just Lexus.
If I repair this myself, I will have to drive it 50 plus miles home from the dealership… and that worries me.

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is a flip side to your story. I bought a 2021 Badlands that I ordered new and waited 7 months for arrival. I now have almost 22,000 nearly trouble free miles on it and still love it. I can’t explain away all the problems you are having but there are many good Broncos out there.
My husband found something on the manufacture plants … I guess one good, one not. Guess we got the latter.
I live my Bronco… I don’t want problems with her.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m in North Myrtle Beach , SC
I do have mechanical knowledge… but not on Fords, just Lexus.
If I repair this myself, I will have to drive it 50 plus miles home from the dealership… and that worries me.
It's pretty much the same when it comes to alternators and belts. Rock Auto has a motorcraft alternator for less than $500, brand new. I can get the workshop manual for you to service it yourself if you're interested.

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... Screenshot_20230826_174916_Chrome

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My husband found something on the manufacture plants … I guess one good, one not. Guess we got the latter.
Realized you have the 2.0. Still about $500 bones.

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... Screenshot_20230826_175226_Chrome

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If you don't want to go brand new go to car-part.com and it'll search salvage yards for the parts you need. Most will ship! Got a tranny for my 2017 elantra for $300 with 18k miles on it. Works fantastic. The salvage yard near me is my favorite place now.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is the reason I always buy a PremiumCare extended warranty on all the Ford vehicles I have owned. I've had 3 Escape Titanium's and now the BL since 2013.

Granger Ford sells them for $50 over cost. Ford has very fair pricing compared to a lot of other manufacturers.

Will it pay off, who knows. If I sell the BL, any refund is prorated by time and any claims against it.

My BL has just about every option. These days a dealer visit is required to repair everything other than routine maintenance, especially at my age.

Sleep a little easier knowing just about
everything is covered other than wear and maintenance items.

Attachments

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
This may be obvious, but I thought I'd point out that all of the experiences posted here, whether positive (I've owned 15 Fords over 65 years and they've all been flawless!) or negative (stories about lemons) are anecdotal. They don't have any bearing on the OP's situation.

The last thing a person having trouble with their BS needs is tales of trouble free vehicles (sucks to be you!).

I get that some people feel a need to defend a certain brand or model vehicle, but none of them are perfect. It is natural that owners who have trouble with their car and/or dealer will post about their experience on a forum devoted to that vehicle.

Some are better than others though, overall. CR initially rated the BS very high for reliability. More recently the recalls have knocked it down . I give ratings like that more weight, but (now I'm defending the BS) I think they should differentiate between recalls and lots of random failures.

Recalls are bad, but at least they are a known issue, they are conducted for free, and generally speaking, the problem does not reoccur. Problems like the OP is having are worse.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The last thing a person having trouble with their BS needs is tales of trouble free vehicles (sucks to be you!).

I get that some people feel a need to defend a certain brand or model vehicle, but none of them are perfect. It is natural that owners who have trouble with their car and/or dealer will post about their experience on a forum devoted to that vehicle.
I get what you're saying, but people posting about their issues sometimes need a dose of reality. Vehicles are mechanical devices, and failures are inevitable. Mechanical failures are more likely with a used vehicle. Having significant mechanical issues with a vehicle is truly a bummer for the owner, especially given the prices people pay for them these days. But if you extrapolate your issues to the entire brand you are inviting posts from the defenders. It's not logical to say ALL FORDS SUCK because you are having issues.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I get what you're saying, but people posting about their issues sometimes need a dose of reality. Vehicles are mechanical devices, and failures are inevitable. Mechanical failures are more likely with a used vehicle. Having significant mechanical issues with a vehicle is truly a bummer for the owner, especially given the prices people pay for them these days. But if you extrapolate your issues to the entire brand you are inviting posts from the defenders. It's not logical to say ALL FORDS SUCK because you are having issues.
I agree that for an owner to declare that "All brand X cars suck!" because they had a problem (or several issues) with one of the mfr's models is irrational.

However, sometimes there is more to the story -- like bad experiences with the dealer and/or mfr. Of course that still does not necessarily mean that "All brand X cars suck!" but it is easy to see how, after being jerked around, reasonable people become frustrated and make statements that may not be based entirely on objective facts.

And there have been cases where a mfr -- like Yugo -- deserved the criticism.

There have also been specific model cars that were very trouble-prone -- like the '88 Sunbird Turbo I owned. The Sunbird and it's corporate twin(s) were known to be POS vehicles. I knew that going in (but did not realize just how bad they actually were). I had a rock-solid reliable '85 Toyota Truck for backup so I figured I could just have any problems corrected under warranty and I would not need a loaner or rental. Thinking that GM and their Pontiac dealers would honor their warranty turned out to be very naive on my part.

There were several problems -- cracked exhaust manifold, leaking heater core, etc. -- all of which were an epic fight to have fixed. The last straw was a bearing noise coming from the transaxle in 1st and 2nd gear under hard acceleration. Every tech that took it for a test drive heard it. They all agreed it was a problem, and they all refused to work on it!! They said they could not determine the precise problem, and GM would not pay for them to replace the entire transaxle.

Finally I spoke with the owner of a local Pontiac dealer and he said, "Drive it till it blows up." I said that it might lock up on the highway at 70 mph and cause an accident, injuring and/or killing people. His reply? "That's what insurance is for."

"That's what insurance is for." :devil:

So while I recognize that not ALL GM vehicles are crap, and not ALL Pontiac dealers are sub-human scum, I can understand how someone in a similar situation might make that claim.