Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Hey all, so I’m having a couple of problems that I don’t know what to do about.

The first one is I just noticed today that my seat belt is rubbing the plastic on the arm rest raw and I don’t know how to go about getting it fixed or prevent it from rubbing a hole into the plastic. Every car I’ve owned has never had this problem except the 2022 Escape my parents bought from me that my dad said is doing the same thing. I’ll post a picture of what I’m talking about to this post.

The second issue I’m having is that I work until 2am and every time I try to connect my iPhone to CarPlay, it’s a constant struggle to get it to connect. I’ve tried everything except using the old USB port instead of the USB-C port, but I usually get it to work by resetting the Sync system and it’s annoying to do that because I have to reset my ambient lighting every time.

If anyone knows how to help me with these issues, I’d really appreciate it! I’m gonna call my service guy about the plastic in the arm rest tomorrow and see if they can do anything.

Ford Bronco Sport A couple of issues that I’m having IMG_4917
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Have you also reset your phone? Every issue we've ever had with SYNC and Android Auto has been resolved by a SYNC master reset and clearing the Android Auto cache and data. I realize you're using an iPhone, but I assume there is a similar procedure for the iPhone.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
iPhone to CarPlay interface is good but it’s not a 100% reliable interface. A good solid connection is needed otherwise even a short few microseconds glitch on the signals will cause the problems you are experiencing.

I’ve had maybe 2 or 3 cases like you are seeing but over a 17 month period so pretty rare and the Sync reset takes care of it each time.

Start with a good quality Apple MFi Certified cable. USB-C is more robust .. I use this cable: 3 Pack Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Charger Cable,[Apple MFi Certified] USB C to Lightning Cable, Type C iPhone Fast Charger for Apple iPhone 13 12 Pro max 11 Pro XR XS Max X 8 Plus iPad AirPods Pro - 3ft https://a.co/d/3kc2Bg2

you also want to make sure you are running the current IOS Software on the iPhone (16.4.1 is current today) and the current Sync 3.4 Build version (22251 probably is current today).

And some reported that lint or dirt in the iPhones Lightning port causes issues like you are seeing. You can Google for ways to clean that port.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
As to the belt rubbing the plastic, does your BS allow for belt adjustment height by the door pillar?

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It looks like your seat belt buckle is missing a felt piece that would prevent this from happening.

Ford Bronco Sport A couple of issues that I’m having SEATBELT
I second this, you can also buy felt with adhesive backing from just about any hardware store or amazon for cheap. I put felt on my last cars buckles for this very reason.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ford Bronco Sport A couple of issues that I’m having velcro_tape_3

This is cheap enough that you can set aside the "hook" strip and just use the "loop" side. I used to get 2" rolls and then drop a strip on the driver window ledge to avoid getting "trucker elbow" on my lazy left. I don't know how the Bronco interior door panel would do with the adhesive- haven't tried it.
By the way, I have the felt on my buckle and the console still gets some minor scuffs there. Cleaning it real good hides most of it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey all, so I’m having a couple of problems that I don’t know what to do about.

The first one is I just noticed today that my seat belt is rubbing the plastic on the arm rest raw and I don’t know how to go about getting it fixed or prevent it from rubbing a hole into the plastic. Every car I’ve owned has never had this problem except the 2022 Escape my parents bought from me that my dad said is doing the same thing. I’ll post a picture of what I’m talking about to this post.

The second issue I’m having is that I work until 2am and every time I try to connect my iPhone to CarPlay, it’s a constant struggle to get it to connect. I’ve tried everything except using the old USB port instead of the USB-C port, but I usually get it to work by resetting the Sync system and it’s annoying to do that because I have to reset my ambient lighting every time.

If anyone knows how to help me with these issues, I’d really appreciate it! I’m gonna call my service guy about the plastic in the arm rest tomorrow and see if they can do anything.

Ford Bronco Sport A couple of issues that I’m having IMG_4917
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding your Bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco Blue

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
It looks like your seat belt buckle is missing a felt piece that would prevent this from happening.

Ford Bronco Sport A couple of issues that I’m having SEATBELT
Yup I just got back from the dealership and they took pictures and put a felt pad on my seat belt buckle. They gotta do the same with my dad’s Escape because they didn’t put it on his either. They must’ve shipped some without that piece.

OP
OP
Bronco Blue

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
As for the CarPlay situation, it acted up last night so I plugged in the old style USB and that one worked fine with no issues. I don’t know if it’s a software issue or if it’s a USB issue because the USB-C cord works every other time, except after I get off at 2am.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just went out and looked at my seat belt and the armrest and find they're at least 2 inches apart, so no contact at all.

DahliaDarlin'

Outer Banks
First Name
Lise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2005 Honda Civic
With an iPhone, you could try deleting the vehicle profile from the connect menu and let the phone "rebuild" it again. This has worked for me with bluetooth connections and it may help wired as well.
Sponsored