Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford...

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is my first Ford and will likely be my last. I never had more issues with a vehicle than with this one, and can't stand the dealer I go to anymore. I bought my BS OBX September 2021, and was so excited to have this vehicle, I was in love. I traded in my 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL plus. First issue I came across was the battery issues. I was on the highway at night, 200 miles from home, and every light in the car went out except the headlights, brake light was coming on, scary situation. I pulled over and pulled on the terminals to make sure they weren't loose. the dealer blamed it on me, said I never tightened it after I put aftermarket lights on, that was BS. Then I had a concern with the water pump and asked them to take a look, because I was losing coolant. They said it was fine. A week later, same thing. They tested it and water pump and coolant hose from the reservoir was leaking. Never got good gas milage since the day I drove it off the lot, steady under 20mpg. Had to change my tires before my first inspection, whale noises when I back up, and today took it in for chattering/grinding when turning at low speeds. I need a whole new rear end. For a car almost 2 years old, and almost $40,000, I shouldn't be having this much grief. I'm really sad because I thought this was going to be my favorite car. Wish I never traded my Kona. Definitely buyers remorse, and I don't seem to get much help with my dealer. Thinking about trading it in and getting another Hyundai. I am just tired. This car has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've owned. My 2017 base Elantra is more reliable. I don't think my relationship with ford is salvageable.
😮💨😮💨😮💨

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... 20230825_194845
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I don't blame you.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can't forget to mention the windshield! Cracked on my way to New Orleans from Pittsburgh. On the way there there was a crack on the driver side to the middle of the windshield, and then a spidering chip on the passenger side!

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
That's too bad to hear. We have this same trim but have only had it for seven months. So far, it's been absolutely wonderful. It seems as if the reliability of the Bronco Sport is two fold. You have members that absolutely love them and have had no major issues whatsoever, and then every so often you have this situation where everything that can possibly break breaks. It's like most of them are assembled really well by one person and if that person is sick, they get a sucky replacement and this is what you end up with. I'm pretty sure that's not how that works but that's what it seems like sometimes. Well, I wish you the best on your future replacement and it's too bad that your first Ford was a lemon. I wouldn't let it discourage you from the brand completely. Ford makes good products but just like with any manufacturer, there's bound to be defective ones. Even Honda's and Toyota's can have their issues.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's too bad to hear. We have this same trim but have only had it for seven months. So far, it's been absolutely wonderful. It seems as if the reliability of the Bronco Sport is two fold. You have members that absolutely love them and have had no major issues whatsoever, and then every so often you have this situation where everything that can possibly break breaks. It's like most of them are assembled really well by one person and if that person is sick, they get a sucky replacement and this is what you end up with. I'm pretty sure that's not how that works but that's what it seems like sometimes. Well, I wish you the best on your future replacement and it's too bad that your first Ford was a lemon. I wouldn't let it discourage you from the brand completely. Ford makes good products but just like with any manufacturer, there's bound to be defective ones. Even Honda's and Toyota's can have their issues.
I think it definitely has to do with it being a first year model. I'm in the Ford asset program for my associates in master technician training. It's not just the Bronco sports having the problems. There's many vehicles having issues and concern. It seems like quality has gone down in the last few years since COVID. Cutting corners, stuff missing, it's getting out of hand. And I definitely think ford needs to be looking into these problems. I'm definitely not the first or the last with these concerns. It isn't just the 2021s, it's 21-23. They need to do a complete overhaul of this car in order to gain new customers and keep old ones. I'm hoping that ford is reading these forums and realizing they have a lot of unhappy customers. For a $35-$40k product, I would think that it would definitely be better than it is.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've always wondered what happens to people that have these kinds of experiences.

I'm a Ford guy, bought my first when I was 15 with my Dad's permission. At this point I've had around a dozen or so Fords and never had any troubles with any of them.

Oh well...

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Unfortunately, the Ford bot that monitors the forums only comes on to say “love your picture” or “DM me your vin”. It’s good that they monitor the forums and hopefully are giving feedback to those that should know about it in Detroit but nobody seems to know that for sure.

As @outerbanks22 says, it’s a mixed bag. I’ve had mine for year and a half and have had no major issues. The whale moan doesn’t bother me but I don't consider that a real issue. I’ve had a majority of Fords over the past 50 years and probably will continue.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I would agree that quality control could be a lot better, but all that aside Ford is selling plenty of Bronco Sports and it’s rated very highly amongst buyers. Are there people that have had issues, obviously. But on forums like these and Facebook especially the problem and trouble threads are what drive views and comments. They are going to appear to be the majority, when in fact they are a small fraction of total owners. To say that Ford needs a total overhaul of the BS to gain new and keep old customers is way off. The Bronco brand has been a huge win for Ford.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think it definitely has to do with it being a first year model. I'm in the Ford asset program for my associates in master technician training. It's not just the Bronco sports having the problems. There's many vehicles having issues and concern. It seems like quality has gone down in the last few years since COVID. Cutting corners, stuff missing, it's getting out of hand. And I definitely think ford needs to be looking into these problems. I'm definitely not the first or the last with these concerns. It isn't just the 2021s, it's 21-23. They need to do a complete overhaul of this car in order to gain new customers and keep old ones. I'm hoping that ford is reading these forums and realizing they have a lot of unhappy customers. For a $35-$40k product, I would think that it would definitely be better than it is.
It's a crapshoot on vehicles anymore. I bought a 2021 BL used with 7K miles on it. So far no serious issues. Have the start/stop play games a lot, works sometimes, sometimes not. Dealer says the battery is fine.

I have the I phone wireless charging issue. Hardly ever works and the pop ups always appear on the screen, misaligned, etc. Having that issue taken care of with the TSB reprogram in a couple of weeks. We'll see if that's a fix or not.

Some dealers shouldn't be in business. Isn't there another dealer in your area you can go to?

Give them a try. The problems you have are known issues. Maybe once they are taken care of your ownership will be a good one.

You have a nice looking vehicle.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Such a bummer. You obviously loved it and invested so much in upgrading it. I sometimes think the ‘23 owners should start a Go Fund Me page for the brave 2021 owners who took the leap and bought the first year version of this car that I fell for when I saw theirs on the road.

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
ours
did when my husband was about 100 miles from home.
1st dealer put a battery in it.
it wasnt the battery.
The problem is the fuel injectors. it is now at another dealership.
dealing with ford dealers has been a PITA
☹

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
I've always wondered what happens to people that have these kinds of experiences.

I'm a Ford guy, bought my first when I was 15 with my Dad's permission. At this point I've had around a dozen or so Fords and never had any troubles with any of them.

Oh well...
This is my first Ford and will likely be my last. I never had more issues with a vehicle than with this one, and can't stand the dealer I go to anymore. I bought my BS OBX September 2021, and was so excited to have this vehicle, I was in love. I traded in my 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL plus. First issue I came across was the battery issues. I was on the highway at night, 200 miles from home, and every light in the car went out except the headlights, brake light was coming on, scary situation. I pulled over and pulled on the terminals to make sure they weren't loose. the dealer blamed it on me, said I never tightened it after I put aftermarket lights on, that was BS. Then I had a concern with the water pump and asked them to take a look, because I was losing coolant. They said it was fine. A week later, same thing. They tested it and water pump and coolant hose from the reservoir was leaking. Never got good gas milage since the day I drove it off the lot, steady under 20mpg. Had to change my tires before my first inspection, whale noises when I back up, and today took it in for chattering/grinding when turning at low speeds. I need a whole new rear end. For a car almost 2 years old, and almost $40,000, I shouldn't be having this much grief. I'm really sad because I thought this was going to be my favorite car. Wish I never traded my Kona. Definitely buyers remorse, and I don't seem to get much help with my dealer. Thinking about trading it in and getting another Hyundai. I am just tired. This car has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've owned. My 2017 base Elantra is more reliable. I don't think my relationship with ford is salvageable.
😮💨😮💨😮💨

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... 20230825_194845
I’ve driven exclusively Ford products for 52 years with maybe a handful of minor issues and none that stranded me, none that I had to pay for, and no chipped or cracked windshields.