Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure!

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My original choice last August was Area 51 but when it came down to it the only BL/BL within 100 miles was Shadow Black so I took it and I'm glad I did.

I love my BS and not getting my first choice in color hasn't diminished that love one iota.

I hope you get the color you want, but if for some reason it doesn't work out don't let it bother you too much, because at the end of the day you'll still be driving a brand new Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
HaHaHa... what to do... lol. I think this would be a no win situation. I ended up with whatever I could find at the dealer and ended up with a Cactus grey Badlands.... but if I had to choose maybe the brown one that didn't carry over from last year... something unique : )

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
This is my 2022 BL/s ....and this is from another member here, and in exactly the wheels, rims and rack I'm looking for.... but just happy to have one sooner than later (yes with missing parts and all) : )

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! IMG_6124
Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 4CF9D8AB-B8F8-41D6-9C88-EAA3346D9E6A

Is the above BS in Cactus gray?

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Is the above BS in Cactus gray?
Yes... mines the on in the driveway and the other (not mine) I believe is the same color... of course I could be color challenged, lol... It's not bad ,meaning not an In your face color that one might get tired of sooner than later... but plain and more muted than others... IMHO

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like my only hope is to flip a coin or simply figure out if Area 51 or Velocity Blue matches the below license plate frame better. I give up LOL

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! gone-insane

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No Ragrets!
... for 15 months, people stop me and ask about my Area 51 and they love it!
At gas stations, parking lots, home improvement centers, grocery stores ... even at stop lights!
Now, don't get me wrong, there are many great colors and "I'd like to say hello to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow."

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! Screenshot_20220522-214406_DuckDuckGo

Last edited:

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
When I test drove my Badlands in Rapid Red there was also a BL in Area 51 that came in on the same truck and they hadn't been on the lot for 24 hours. The Area 51 was already sold but my Rapid Red was still there 2 weeks later and I was still the only one to test drive it. If the Area 51 wasn't already spoken for I may have considered it, however, the red was meant to be mine and I love it. I love the BS in any color! You'll be happy no matter what the color is. If I had ordered mine rather than buying off the lot it probably would've been Kodiak Brown which looks like root beer to me when the sun hits it.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
My situation was very different. I had originally ordered a Maverick in Area51. After about two months of waiting, my salesman called me to tell me that my truck might not be built for a year due to shortages of parts. That got me thinking about an alternative. Prior to that order, I was considering a Bronco Sport, but at that time they too were hard to come by. That's when I went on Ford's website and built a Bronco Sport in Area51 and lo and behold my dealer had one on order built just like I wanted but they had a 4k mark up on it. Another dealer had a similar build but in Velocity Blue and no mark up so I put a deposit on it. Neither dealer knew when their vehicles would arrive. I really wanted the Area51 so I called my salesman and asked him if they would consider selling it for sticker to me. I have purchased a number of vehicles from them over the years and thought maybe they would give me a break. Long story short, they did and I got exactly what I wanted. The Maverick I ordered eventually came in and they sold it for whatever they wanted. I'm sure it was over msrp. The Area51 color gets a lot of attention. People give me compliments on the color. It has a way of altering its hue depending on how bright the sun is. I don't know if my long winded story helps you at all, but I for one, love my BS in Area51!

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I think your decision has been made for you already…. I try to change color of the roof top and add the 235. I was told my car was scheduled and no changes allowed. But you should call to confirm.

Area 51 may be a trend of color that could fade or it will stay classic forever, only time can tell…. I think it all started when battleship grey became a car color…then eventually evolved to a few different tone of that color. I like it allot when I see it in person.

VB color is very striking… Kind of like the Subaru Rally Blue. I used to have one of those. For the WRX, that’s is a classic rally racing color. For a BS, I think it is great to pair with the grey roof.

color is very personal… there is no bad color….any of them can be good depends what you are drinking that day:)

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
We had a Ram truck that was close in color to VB and if VB had been an option when I ordered my BS it might have been VB instead of of Area51.
What we agonized over back then was Area51 or Cyber Orange. We had seen neither in person.
I had expected Area51 to be more gray than it is and was initially disappointed but now I like it very much. It makes me happy when I look at it.
A surprise to both of us is how good white with black roof looks on a BS. If I had seen that before I ordered, that would have been my choice.
We ordered 2dr Bronco in Cyber Orange. Who knows if Ford will ever get around to making it.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Does your BL order have the gray roof option? I have a Big Bend in VB but I still think Area 51 BLs with the gray roof look fantastic. It's a subtle difference but goes a long way IMO.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 20210502_200556

And VB is also a pretty vibrant color which I love and have zero regrets but it did surprise me how much when I actually saw one in person

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY made decision!! After looking at (too embarrassed to admit how many hours) I watched videos on youtube last night of Area 51 vs Velocity Blue and decided to just stick with the color I selected as my first choice which is Area 51... which is good because I probably wouldn't have been able to change my order now anymore anyway! 🤪

I like both VB and Area 51 equally... so I rather just leave things be. I also like how Area 51 kind of looks like a soft powdery baby blue?

Is Area 51 a LIGHTER or DARKER color than VB? I prefer lighter colors...

It's difficult to tell because in some videos/photos the colors look totally different! I also don't think the Ford's website accurately show what color Area 51 is!?

PS: My BS BL has the gray roof... just like below photo :like:

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! exactly
Sponsored