Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is Area 51 a LIGHTER or DARKER color than VB? I prefer lighter colors...
Sounds like you made the right call! For reference, I'm driving an Area 51 Big Bend and have a Velocity Blue Badlands on order. I've seen both colors in person and A51 is a lighter shade than VB. With VB, think electric blue. A51 has some interesting hints of greys mixed in with a sky blue color, toning it down. VB is unapologetically darker.

I'm a very outgoing lady so Velocity Blue is right up my alley. I've dreamed of owning a car in that color since I was young. However, my Area 51 certainly attracts a lot of attention too. It's incredibly pretty and was my top choice out of all the '21 colors. Own what you've got and congrats on ordering your Badlands!
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My favorite is green... I wish bronco sport came in green!! (I don't like DARK colors) so a medium or lighter earthy green would have made this decision easy. I might get a 2 door Bronco Badlands (the big Bronco) several years from now... so in the interim it's kind of a good thing I'm going to be driving a blueish colored vehicle... that way I won't get sick of green.

I'm leaning towards Area 51 again now since that was my first option and I still think it's more unique unlike other blue colors out there... I just need to make 100% sure! I think... I'm not sure!! I have NO idea! 🙉 I tried finding videos on youtube of Bronco Sport in Velocity Blue but all of the videos are mostly of Area 51.

I have always loved the color BLUE with YELLOW (bright tropical colors). So I am going to get this license plate frame to put onto the vehicle LOL...

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! tropical
If you like lighter colors you made the right choice. The Area 51 is a unique color. It's at times closer to the light blue on the chair furthest right in the bracket. When clean it's a really sharp color...but it also hides dirt pretty well. I think once you have it you will appreciate the vehicle and the color will grow on you pretty quickly. I like the velocity blue, it was not an option when I placed my order, and honestly having seen every shade ( I live in the detroit circle and see tons of them... I wouldn't trade the area 51. It's a color I've never had before, and it's very distinguishable. It's considered a grey/blue, it has a green/blue, it has a soft blue look all depending on the lighting. Trust your gut. It was the most popular pick in custom orders the first year.
To me the attached photo is pretty close to how I see the color

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 20201231_103523

Last edited:

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
HaHaHa... what to do... lol. I think this would be a no win situation. I ended up with whatever I could find at the dealer and ended up with a Cactus grey Badlands.... but if I had to choose maybe the brown one that didn't carry over from last year... something unique : )
I love my Kodiak Brown. It goes well with the interior colour.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
You made a huge mistake with the Area 51. 😂
I got the Area 51 in my badlands because I didn’t want a metallic color. Much easier to spot paint or repaint a panel then a metallic color. I live in a hot area and the VB blue got to hot IMHO. I’m also not a fan of dark colors. I don’t want to be a slave to washing the vehicle

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
FINALLY made decision!! After looking at (too embarrassed to admit how many hours) I watched videos on youtube last night of Area 51 vs Velocity Blue and decided to just stick with the color I selected as my first choice which is Area 51... which is good because I probably wouldn't have been able to change my order now anymore anyway! 🤪

I like both VB and Area 51 equally... so I rather just leave things be. I also like how Area 51 kind of looks like a soft powdery baby blue?

It's difficult to tell because in some videos/photos the colors look totally different! I also don't think the Ford's website accurately show what color Area 51 is!?

PS: My BS BL has the gray roof... just like below photo :like:

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! exactly
I think you'll be happy. Honestly, every BS color I've seen looks sharp. VB is very sharp, hot pepper red looks exactly like my wife's Escape SEL and is another sharp color along with Carbonized Gray and Cyber Orange. The only colors I PERSONALLY would avoid are black (easy to notice dirt/scratches, hard to keep clean) and white (easy to notice dirt).
I love my Kodiak Brown. It goes well with the interior colour.
I love mine too (besides it being tough to keep clean) and its the color I originally wanted. Though, I can see why Ford ditched it for Bronze Smoke Metallic. Kodiak Brown is so dark, in many angles it teeters on looking almost Black.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I'm going to add one more thing to my long winded story that may have had a small influence on my choice of Area51. My previous two vehicles, 2018 Ford Escape and 2019 Ecosport, were both very similar in color to the Velocity Blue. When I first laid eyes on the Area51 color I was sold. And, to finally close this post, my second preference was Cactus Gray! Dealers around here didn't order any in that color that were equipped the way I wanted. :p

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
You made a huge mistake with the Area 51. 😂
I got the Area 51 in my badlands because I didn’t want a metallic color. Much easier to spot paint or repaint a panel then a metallic color. I live in a hot area and the VB blue got to hot IMHO. I’m also not a fan of dark colors. I don’t want to be a slave to washing the vehicle
Hey... did you mean I did NOT make a mistake choosing Area 51? You wrote "You made a huge mistake with the Area 51". I live in AZ and my current car is white. I used to LOVE white colored vehicles but now after driving one for many years I am soooooo sick of it... I don't see myself ever getting white again! 🙈

I could never get sick of Broncos though. I was driving mercedes for the past 12 years... I will NEVER again lease/own one again, noway. Broncos and Jeeps are my #1.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you'll be happy. Honestly, every BS color I've seen looks sharp. VB is very sharp, hot pepper red looks exactly like my wife's Escape SEL and is another sharp color along with Carbonized Gray and Cyber Orange. The only colors I PERSONALLY would avoid are black (easy to notice dirt/scratches, hard to keep clean) and white (easy to notice dirt).

I love mine too (besides it being tough to keep clean) and its the color I originally wanted. Though, I can see why Ford ditched it for Bronze Smoke Metallic. Kodiak Brown is so dark, in many angles it teeters on looking almost Black.

It is so funny I always hear people say they don't like white because it shows dirt. Whereas I think that's a plus :)... I rather clean it if I see dirt. My current car I'm leasing for the past almost 3 years now is pure white.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

I ordered mine too but I agree with you on all points. I would like to have more contrast with the black top.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
FINALLY made decision!! After looking at (too embarrassed to admit how many hours) I watched videos on youtube last night of Area 51 vs Velocity Blue and decided to just stick with the color I selected as my first choice which is Area 51... which is good because I probably wouldn't have been able to change my order now anymore anyway! 🤪

I like both VB and Area 51 equally... so I rather just leave things be. I also like how Area 51 kind of looks like a soft powdery baby blue?

It's difficult to tell because in some videos/photos the colors look totally different! I also don't think the Ford's website accurately show what color Area 51 is!?

PS: My BS BL has the gray roof... just like below photo :like:

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! exactly
A51 in Florida sun. Cloudy day it will look different, (see post #32) but in any case looks lighter than VB anytime.
Think is also depends on what type camera took the photo. This was from the salesman's phone camera the morning mine arrived at dealer.
In any event hope you get a good one and enjoy it.
Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! IMG_1221.JPG

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm happy that I'm no longer going INSANE in being indecisive. I'm happy the decision has been made... Area 51👍 Especially now knowing that Area 51 is indeed lighter than VB.

Of course... if things change once I get the vehicle... I can always buy some cheap spray-paint cans at Home Depot and go to town.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have seen all the colors in person other than Hot Pepper Red and Kodiak Brown. So far, I don't think there is a bad color choice. However, if there had been a Velocity Blue Big Bend on the lot when I was looking, I would have had a hard time picking another color. I think it looks great on that trim in particular.
Sponsored