Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure!

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
Feeling like a nutcase here because I ordered BS BL in Area 51... but then the more I look at videos of Velocity Blue (especially when next to the area 51) now I am not sure if I would have picked area 51. I cannot make up my mind between the two colors! I felt like velocity blue was "boring and too common"... but then the more I look at area 51 color it looks dull (kind of washed out)... I still llike area 51 (I think it is more unique from plain blue) and am now totally stuck between the two.

It says my "vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of June 13, 2022" so it hasn't been built yet. I wonder if they even allow color changes once order has been placed.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! colors

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! colors2

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! bva

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! color options
Sponsored

Last edited:

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Personally It was between the Velocity Blue or Hot Pepper Red for me. Both colors popped for me. I never got into the Area 51 color dull schemes of some of the newer vehicles that other manufactures are also going for.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really like Area 51 color because it is very unique, and NOT like any other shade of blue in any type of care make/model. Go with your gut sense. Statistics prove that if you change your answer on a test question, you usually get the question wrong. (true or not, my wife loves using that stat with our kids.)

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ā€˜22 Trail Boss
Feeling like a nutcase here because I ordered BS BL in Area 51... but then the more I look at videos of Velocity Blue (especially when next to the area 51) now I am not sure if I would have picked area 51. I cannot make up my mind between the two colors! I felt like velocity blue was "boring and too common"... but then the more I look at area 51 color it looks dull (kind of washed out)... I still llike area 51 (I think it is more unique from plain blue) and am now totally stuck between the two.

It says my "vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of June 13, 2022" so it hasn't been built yet. I wonder if they even allow color changes once order has been placed.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! colors

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! colors2

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! bva
I know what you mean. I saw velocity blue for the first time in person and I was blown away with how much it ā€œpopsā€. I regretted not getting it for a while but am still very much happy with my original color choice, cactus gray. Only reason I didnā€™t chose VB was because I decided to stick with the color that originally grabbed my attention. If thatā€™s Area 51 for you, I think youā€™ll be happy.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Velocity blue is pretty damn hot. Really does pop and shine. Of all the colors Velocity and Area51 are my top picks, Cactus is not too bad either. Orange is hard to pull off and often comes out looking too yellow for my tastes, though I own a Punk'n Orange jeep and love the color.

My wife went with Area 51 and not because it was a boring or safe color. More like it reminds us both of the old ford Aqua blue.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You still should be able to change your color. Once it is in production you canā€™t. Check with your dealer. I agree the Velocity blue is pretty nice when clean. Followed a Maverick the other day in Velocity blue. Looked pretty good on that.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered VB, but I haven't seen it in the wild yet except once when a VB BS was 2 cars behind me on the road.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG this is so difficult! I need to try to see both the Area 51 and Velocity Blue in person... I am going to try to do that ASAP.

My first immediate color choice was 100% Area 51 so I think it might be better to just stick with my first choice. Soon after I got stuck between Area 51 and Cyber Orange but Area 51 won that battle. Now I'm stuck between Area 51 and Velocity Blue.

I still think Area 51 is more unique color (which I like) and also looks aqua in certain lighting which I like. I think I am too scared to switch away from Area 51 because I fear I might regret it.... and vice versa!

I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to see bronco sport in Area 51 and Blue Velocity in person but I'm going to try....

When I look at Area 51 and Blue Velocity below... I think Blue Velocity looks better... in other words I am going insane because I cannot make up my mind!!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! going-insane

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
OMG this is so difficult! I need to try to see both the Area 51 and Velocity Blue in person... I am going to try to do that ASAP.

My first immediate color choice was 100% Area 51 so I think it might be better to just stick with my first choice. Soon after I got stuck between Area 51 and Cyber Orange but Area 51 won that battle. Now I'm stuck between Area 51 and Velocity Blue.

I still think Area 51 is more unique color (which I like) and also looks aqua in certain lighting which I like. I think I am too scared to switch away from Area 51 because I fear I might regret it.... and vice versa!

I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to see bronco sport in Area 51 and Blue Velocity in person but I'm going to try....

When I look at Area 51 and Blue Velocity below... I think Blue Velocity looks better... in other words I am going insane because I cannot make up my mind!!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! going-insane
Tough choice! From one blue to another it perhaps doesnā€™t make a lot of difference with what your interior color is. Iā€™m one who tries to make that flow alright.

I avoided blues because theyā€™re typically vehicles I want out of my garage sooner than their time (though I loved my mustang) but thatā€™s my superstition, so I went with silver (and gray roof). So Iā€™m not an expert on color haha.

But if I chose one? Itā€˜d be A51. I like the newer flat colors that are coming out and though Iā€™m not a fan of CG (too much green, if it was just gray that wouldā€™ve been my choice), I really did like A51. My sales guy did not. He thought it was too much of a 90s teal type color if you like that vibe. VB seems to be a popular choice, and separates the 22 from the 21 as a new color. Nobody argues about a Ford in a nice shade of blue.

Not sure I can offer much for advice, but good luck on choosing! Color is a tough one, & if youā€™re waiting for a factory order, want to get it right.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I still think Area 51 is more unique color
Well it was before thousands of Bronco Sports were made in it...
Seeing so many of them already in Area 51 is a big part of what pushed me away from the color. Cyber Orange would be great if it wasn't yellorange. That pretty much leaves Velocity Blue as the most unique color, plus my wife loves blue. If there had been a green (damn you, Ford!) that would have won hands down.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Well it was before thousands of Bronco Sports were made in it...
Seeing so many of them already in Area 51 is a big part of what pushed me away from the color. Cyber Orange would be great if it wasn't yellorange. That pretty much leaves Velocity Blue as the most unique color, plus my wife loves blue. If there had been a green (damn you, Ford!) that would have won hands down.
I got lucky with my Area 51 BS. Test drove a Carbonized Grey and almost walked out with it but took the showroom floor Area 51 instead (130miles vs 7). Glad I did as my town has 5 broncos, 1 Black, 2 grey, 1 white, and 1 hot pepper red. There is a Green 2 door big bronco and that color should've been on the BS too.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My favorite is green... I wish bronco sport came in green!! (I don't like DARK colors) so a medium or lighter earthy green would have made this decision easy. I might get a 2 door Bronco Badlands (the big Bronco) several years from now... so in the interim it's kind of a good thing I'm going to be driving a blueish colored vehicle... that way I won't get sick of green.

I'm leaning towards Area 51 again now since that was my first option and I still think it's more unique unlike other blue colors out there... I just need to make 100% sure! I think... I'm not sure!! I have NO idea! šŸ™‰ I tried finding videos on youtube of Bronco Sport in Velocity Blue but all of the videos are mostly of Area 51.

I have always loved the color BLUE with YELLOW (bright tropical colors). So I am going to get this license plate frame to put onto the vehicle LOL...

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! tropical
Sponsored