Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I'm happy that I'm no longer going INSANE in being indecisive. I'm happy the decision has been made... Area 51👍 Especially now knowing that Area 51 is indeed lighter than VB.

Of course... if things change once I get the vehicle... I can always buy some cheap spray-paint cans at Home Depot and go to town.
I’m sure you’ll be happy no matter what. I really wasn’t keen on the thought of active orange as the accent color inside. I’m more than fine with it. Looks like the inside of my car now. Is what it is.

Johnh

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport ob 10 flhtk

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Coin lands on edge
Velocity 51 or maybe even Area Blue
(Read in the voice of Rod Sterling) "You’ve just witnessed opportunity, if not knocking, at least scratching plaintively on a closed door. Ms. Tropical2022 is a would-be Bronco Sport owner who, if decisiveness came fifty cents a pound, would be worth less than Lyft fare to the next block over. But in a moment, Tropical2022, through the auspices of unspeakable Major Kong magic, is forced to make an entirely different choice. And although she may never know the indescribable joy of waxing Cyber Orange paint, she’s about to become an integral character in the Bronco Sport Zone..."

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
(Read in the voice of Rod Sterling) "You’ve just witnessed opportunity, if not knocking, at least scratching plaintively on a closed door. Mr. Tropical2022 is a would-be Bronco Sport owner who, if decisiveness came fifty cents a pound, would be worth less than Lyft fare to the next block over. But in a moment, Tropical2022, through the auspices of unspeakable Major Kong magic, is forced to make an entirely different choice. And although he may never know the indescribable joy of waxing Cyber Orange paint, he’s about to become an integral character in the Bronco Sport Zone..."
Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 1653359757099

That meritorious post dear sir is worthy of a thread on it's own
"You Have Entered The Bronco Sport Zone"
I look forward to it
We've already had aliens urinating on sidewalls
should be a natural in this forum :D

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51, loaded.
Does your BL order have the gray roof option? I have a Big Bend in VB but I still think Area 51 BLs with the gray roof look fantastic. It's a subtle difference but goes a long way IMO.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 20210502_200556

And VB is also a pretty vibrant color which I love and have zero regrets but it did surprise me how much when I actually saw one in person
Yours looks so much like mine! I love your gray roof. Mine is the more common black roof.

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know this doesn’t relate exactly but we ended up with Area 51 and it was my wife’s 3rd color choice. 1st was white, 2nd was cactus gray. We were able to test drive a used white BS. It was a sunny day and the hood was so bright! It was blinding without my sunglasses. We never were able to sit in a cactus gray, but to this day (nearly 2 weeks later, 🤣) she still comments how we ended up with the right color when driving on a bright sunny day.

All that to say, Area 51 is a fantastic looking ride. You won’t be disappointed!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The di
If you like lighter colors you made the right choice. The Area 51 is a unique color. It's at times closer to the light blue on the chair furthest right in the bracket. When clean it's a really sharp color...but it also hides dirt pretty well. I think once you have it you will appreciate the vehicle and the color will grow on you pretty quickly. I like the velocity blue, it was not an option when I placed my order, and honestly having seen every shade ( I live in the detroit circle and see tons of them... I wouldn't trade the area 51. It's a color I've never had before, and it's very distinguishable. It's considered a grey/blue, it has a green/blue, it has a soft blue look all depending on the lighting. Trust your gut. It was the most popular pick in custom orders the first year.
To me the attached photo is pretty close to how I see the color

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 20201231_103523
the difference a good camera makes. A51 in your pic looks great. Definitely not as ‘dull’ as in fords website.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
(Read in the voice of Rod Sterling) "You’ve just witnessed opportunity, if not knocking, at least scratching plaintively on a closed door. Mr. Tropical2022 is a would-be Bronco Sport owner who, if decisiveness came fifty cents a pound, would be worth less than Lyft fare to the next block over. But in a moment, Tropical2022, through the auspices of unspeakable Major Kong magic, is forced to make an entirely different choice. And although he may never know the indescribable joy of waxing Cyber Orange paint, he’s about to become an integral character in the Bronco Sport Zone..."
LMAO.... but there is another twist in the story. "Mr" Tropical2022 turns out to be a Bronco obsessed crazed ax murderer on the run who is actually a female specimen of some sort in disguise, not a man.

Suspect was last spotted at Bronco dealership in Vegas at 3am attempting to steal 12 Broncos off the lot all at once. Suspect still on the loose.... armed with an ax.

I'm a female 😋

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I like how Ford wasn't afraid to introduce a wide choice of colors, I would like to see a Sport with a white roof with white side pillars just like first generation Bronco with the removable tops

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
Congrats on the color selection. It's one thing to go to a car dealer knowing you need a car and select from what's available. Ordering one is bad with long delays as the mind starts to play games with you! You start to second guess everything. I wanted a blue shade and area 51 hit it. Being in my 60's I like the retro vibe it gives off. I wanted to paint the roof white but with the front half of the roof and sunroof in black I don't think it will look right. Enjoy the new ride, it gets a lot of attention.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! IMG_20220315_185546

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
LMAO.... but there is another twist in the story. "Mr" Tropical2022 turns out to be a Bronco obsessed crazed ax murderer on the run who is actually a female specimen of some sort in disguise, not a man.

Suspect was last spotted at Bronco dealership in Vegas at 3am attempting to steal 12 Broncos off the lot all at once. Suspect still on the loose.... armed with an ax.

I'm a female 😋
Wait...so...the sport is a chick car??
(Sarcasm, stemming from early perception of the target audience...in no way is my comment directed at women or intended as an insult.... particularly the ax weilding variety😎)
Sponsored

Last edited: