Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport?

Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport?

• Total voters

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
WE had a 2012 Escape that we sold but didn't like the new Escapes because they looked like little foreign cars. That's why we bought a Bronco Sport because it looked like and felt like the older Escape. Keep the BS looking like the 60's and early 70's Broncos.
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
For me, the unique body style and nods to the classic Bronco drew me to the Sport. I am an absolute sucker for theme and I know I'm not alone. I'm not the only one here who added more Bronco logos and choose aftermarket accessories that accentuate the styling.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
i bought it because it looked like my old 2010 escape (boxy) and it was the right size for my needs.
we don't "hate" the new escape but if it was our only choice then we would buy that or another Edge....or maybe a full size Bronco, but i wanted something that met the needs as a whole.
2024 escape was too "wedge" for me at this time. Big Bronco would be hard on gas as daily for what i do. Edge would have been fine but discontinued. BS hit all the notes right.
im still in the market for a Big Bronco, although right now with economy and finances i want to make sure we are super stable before purchasing anything that expensive.... esp if its going to be a weekend warrior type vehicle. (not a daily)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I like the BS just as it is. I really have few complaints. It does what it was intended for and for me it does it well. As @REDWM said, a perfect replacement for the G1-3 Escape.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Better roof rack capacity. 100lbs with a sunroof is pathetic. Ford can do better, especially when other unibodies like Subaru can get several hundred pounds dynamic... with a sunroof. Selling this as a lifestyle vehicle that can't support rack-mounted gear is absurd given its premium pricing over the competition.

Hybrid drivetrain options exist in the platform. Not offering them is leaving money on the table by losing sales to Toyota and others.

Bring back the rear camera washer. While you're at it, fire all the bean counters for their stupid cost savings schemes blamed on supply chain issues that no longer exist, if they ever did the first place.

Phone as key capability, not just to unlock and remote start.

Offer an off-road/overlanding options package as an upgrade to the Badlands along the lines of a Sasquatch. Front and rear armor in place of the plastic bumpers (ugh), knobby tires, slight lift, full skids. This drivetrain can handle it but it risks substantial damage if you use it to its full capability.

Redesign the front end to have a better slipstream to avoid rocks flying up and the requisite broken windshields and bug mass suicide. I fill up my washer fluid as often as I fill the gas tank in warmer weather and I'm already on replacement #1 less than a year in.

Over-the-air Sync updates that occur automatically (and work!) would be a major improvement. the tech is out there, Tesla and others do it regularly.

Auto opening tailgate would be nice. Again, a feature found on far less expensive vehicles in the market.

The colors from the heritage series vehicles need to come back to the general range. Not that I'm biased, but I'm tired of seeing 30 different shades of black/grey/silver/off grey/blue grey on everything going down the road. Get creative. Jeep has a huge following with their special edition colors and they sell- well.

Biggest:

Fix the dealer experience, from sales to service.

Cracking down on bad behavior at the dealers is a step in the right direction. "Market adjustments" and bait and switch tactics need to be dealt with with punitive actions taken against the bad actors like inventory restrictions/allocations. Poor survey responses = less inventory to sell. Hit them in the wallet and watch how fast they change course.

Ford also needs to figure out how to fix the lack of mechanics and 2-3 week+ lead times for service. If I have a transmission issue today am I supposed to keep driving it, risking making it worse and/or possibly leaving me stranded on the side of the road due to a sudden failure that could have been caught?

Perhaps Dearborn could create a scholarship program with trade schools to get those techs into their dealers with a work-study apprenticeship and tuition reimbursement program (IE: you sign a contract to work for Ford dealers exclusively for a period of time and Ford corporate reimburses your tuition, and while in school you're spending a day or two every week as a helper to the senior mechanics in the bay.)

And while I'm at that: There is no reason except bean counting that prevents Ford from offering loaners or affinity agreements with rental car companies for vehicles while in service. I ALWAYS got a loaner with our Subaru when serviced at the dealer, and that cost substantially less than this Blue Oval sitting outside. And when they didn't have one? They arranged it through Enterprise and there was no charge to me.

/end rant of disgruntled stock holder

Squier

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Ford needs to make the next gen BS even more retro looking and improve its durability to match the rugged looks. Loose the "felt" lined wheel wells. Incorporate under body protection and bumpers that are ACTUALLY rugged too. The transmission could be a bit more refined but I don't think a 10 speed is needed. Eight is enough. (Wasn't that a TV show?) More power from the smaller engine option and/or make the larger engine optional for all trim levels.

Since I mentioned refined... I think that's the key. More refinement inside and out. Better quality materials, better technology like Sync 4 with wireless Car Play and Android Auto, leather wrapped steering wheel on ALL trims, etc.

The bean counters need to take a step back. The next gen will sell even better if they do.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford needs to make the next gen BS even more retro looking and improve its durability to match the rugged looks. Loose the "felt" lined wheel wells. Incorporate under body protection and bumpers that are ACTUALLY rugged too. The transmission could be a bit more refined but I don't think a 10 speed is needed. Eight is enough. (Wasn't that a TV show?) More power from the smaller engine option and/or make the larger engine optional for all trim levels.

Since I mentioned refined... I think that's the key. More refinement inside and out. Better quality materials, better technology like Sync 4 with wireless Car Play and Android Auto, leather wrapped steering wheel on ALL trims, etc.

The bean counters need to take a step back. The next gen will sell even better if they do.
I'm with you on all of it except the transmission.

One of the primaryways these small displacement 3 and 4 cal turbos compensate for lag is by having many shorter gears and programming the shift points around it. If it was a fire breathing alcohol burning V8 with a massive supercharger a two speed PowerGlide is more than adequate. ;)

daShadow

Outer Banks
First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
A modern redesign ???? NO. The reason I bought it is because it doesn't look like every other small SUV. It's retro look is 95% of the reason I bought it. In the last 10 years I have had an Escape, Edge, 2 Explorers, Murano, Rogue, and a Cadillac SRX. They all looked about the same, probably couldn't tell them apart from 100 feet (ok, car guys probably could), at least most people can't.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
One thing they could change for a new look is the forward door design. It would also give a better side-view from the driver's seat that sits low.

Ford Bronco Sport Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport? door

Reactions: MJE

rneal55555

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's not the training as much as reimbursement for warranty work and other work that can't be done any faster, the mechanics are paid by flat rate back in the day when it was mostly mechanical and for example a water pump replacement paid 1 1/2 hours if the mechanic because of their investment in tools/experience could do the job in an hour the still got paid the 90 minutes and many at the end of the week were going home with 50 to 60 hours of pay in their pocket. Nowadays so much of it is computer diagnostics, reflashes etc. That stuff just has to run there is no way to make it go faster, you start it and watch it when its' over your done. the manufacturers have also gotten really stingy with the hours they pay also leaving less for the mechanic. I'll also bet they pay a less than market labor rate which means the dealer makes more from paying work than warranty work. That's always been true to an extent but back in the day begore internet shopping when you had to go to a dealer to see what they had and if yo liked it dealers felt compelled to go out of their way to keep you happy and make you a return customer. with the internet people shop for price online in an attempt to save every last nickel and the dealers know it, so they are doing other things to increase sales because excellent customer service matters less and less, people do an internet search and just go where it's cheapest.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing they could change for a new look is the forward door design. It would also give a better side-view from the driver's seat that sits low.

Ford Bronco Sport Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport? door
Looks like the Ford F-150's

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate the rounded edges of modern automobiles. They need to bring back the square trucks and suvs, they look 1000 times better.
Makes it more aerodynamic to help with fuel economy. Something we need to live with.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I want them to keep it EXACTLY like it is. So it will be easier for the mechanic to get parts and repair things on my 2023 8-10 years from now!
Sponsored