Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
I could never afford my house if I bought it today
Yep, same deal. If we bought our house today putting 20% down, our payment would be over $16k a month. This shit just does not compute. I feel like pimppot from Conan Obrien. "Does not compute, does not compute".

Ford Bronco Sport Disgusted by Price Increases 1679178715121
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My brother just bought a new CRV. He said every dealer in NE Ohio is asking 2k above MSRP. Of course with that you get that “special” air in your tires and a 1999.00 wax job. He realizes why he never buys new cars except they want just as much for a “pre-conditioned” version.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Here's a smattering of the Bronco Sport's competition:

Dodge Hornet: $32K - $47K
Chevy Blazer: $35K - $46K
Jeep Compass: $32K - $41K
Toyota RAV4: $29K - $39K
Honda CR-V: $30K - $40K
Kia Sportage: $27K - $$38K
Subaru Forester: $27K - $37K

Given its capabilities compared to the above, I think Ford's pricing on the Bronco Sport is in line with what's happening with the industry in general.
This is the ballgame for me. If this is my competition, I’ll take the Sport thank you very much.
Also, this is listed price-range but my wife built a RAV4 last month. It came to $43k MSRP and would cost $46k (our local dealer quoted).

Last edited:

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
My 22 was an orphan left-over no one wanted. Got it for 2000 below MSRP.

We also looked at a 22 Badlands at 3000 under MSRP, but we were not quick enough to pull the trigger.

I don’t mind buying a left-over from a previous model year. The price is usually discounted.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
How so? We each have control of what we spend our money on.
Well yeah we have control of what we spend our money on.

The issue is these manufactures post huge earnings yet keep raising prices, cutting production, creating shortage. As consumers, these corporations are taking advantage and winning big.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Well yeah we have control of what we spend our money on.

The issue is these manufactures post huge earnings yet keep raising prices, cutting production, creating shortage. As consumers, these corporations are taking advantage and winning big.
They are definitely making profits, but in Fords case they aren’t cutting production on purpose. If they could produce more cars they would. People are buying their cars even with the higher prices so it does them no good to not produce as many as they can. Ford isn’t trying to be a limited production, luxury priced auto maker.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought mine a year ago. If I build one out with same options, it’s 4k more right now.
Same here and that's even after getting slammed with the dreaded Dealership markup... in my case about $3000 more than MSRP...

But like you my Badlands with every option except towing hitch ( which I have since added...) runs about $46 these days. crazy...

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How does that change the fact you control where you spend? If you don't believe the price is fair you don't buy. What am I missing?

That aside, I've seen no evidence that manufacturers are purposefully cutting production to create artificial shortage. Do you have a link?

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
That aside, I've seen no evidence that manufacturers are purposefully cutting production to create artificial shortage.
It is certainly suspect. You have to ask yourself, when given a choice between sheer incompetence and many other options/reason for lack of production, Ford has chosen"incompetence" as their reason? (read Farley comments on poor Q4 performance)

Maybe because the real reason is a lot less palatable. Do I think there are folks inside of F and other OEMs that are thinking less is more? Absolutely. Do I think anyone is in a hurry to fix the (alleged) issues that are continuing to result in poor output, no I don't. I don't think any OEM is trying hard to increase production when they can make just as much, or more with fewer units. And, if (as I suspect) they are not trying hard to fix production volume, that is (de facto) purposely cutting production to create a supply/demand imbalance.

Why maintain a supply/demand imbalance? Because you can charge more money and provide less incentives. But, we haven't seen any of that in the last year, have we?🤔

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
It is certainly suspect. You have to ask yourself, when given a choice between sheer incompetence and many other options/reason for lack of production, Ford has chosen"incompetence" as their reason? (read Farley comments on poor Q4 performance)

Maybe because the real reason is a lot less palatable. Do I think there are folks inside of F and other OEMs that are thinking less is more? Absolutely. Do I think anyone is in a hurry to fix the (alleged) issues that are continuing to result in poor output, no I don't. I don't think any OEM is trying hard to increase production when they can make just as much, or more with fewer units. And, if (as I suspect) they are not trying hard to fix production volume, that is (de facto) purposely cutting production to create a supply/demand imbalance.

Why maintain a supply/demand imbalance? Because you can charge more money and provide less incentives. But, we haven't seen any of that in the last year, have we?🤔
Ford is 100% trying to increase production, especially on models like the Bronco and Maverick. Anytime you can't take more orders is a bad thing. Anytime you are offering discounts to people with orders to take a lower trim or eliminate options to get a car built, you are trying to increase production. They want to fulfill outstanding orders as fast as possible, because outstanding orders have price protection and result in lower margins. Those orders are based on MSRP from a year or two ago. They want those out the door ASAP.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
David (Idahobro) I have a much more plausible and logical explanation.

It’s my fault.

When people see me driving my Sport they say to themselves “even that Tigger looks cool in one of those. I need to get me one.” They’ll pay anything to look this good.

I apologize.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
People do know that Ford had a net loss of 2 billion last year correct?

Ford Bronco Sport Disgusted by Price Increases 375AD997-FAC8-4221-8D7F-621B68E01920
Sponsored