Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
My wife and I just bought an outer banks edition this past weekend. We had our "list" of option "wants", and did not find one that had everything. So we asked the salesperson to see if they could locate one, even though my wife did this from home with a 100 mile range. He said thare was not one in the state of Florida. We asked if we could order one. He smiled and said it would be 12 to 15 weeks, and they would not lock down a price, as these Bronco Sports are changing monthly. We ended up buying one on the lot, without the mood roof my wife wanted.
Congrats on the new car. They should have locked in a price though for ordering. Anytime you order a vehicle the dealer should lock the price in to that days cost, and if they won’t then walk right out because they aren’t honest.
Sponsored

Cyber Sport

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just drove by the port in Baltimore. There are thousands of new vehicles staged in very large parking lots. I saw to many different models to count. Jeeps, trucks sedans and SUVs. No Idea why they are there, being shipped overseas or just a staging area. I drive by there at least once a month and they have been there for the last 6 month or longer, maybe not the same ones but it's shocking to see that many new vehicles just stitting there.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Sorry Mark, I don't know what this has to do with what I posted.
I was referring to your reported $4K price increase on the Bronco Sport, which is the topic of this thread. The price increases have not been as great on less popular vehicles like the Escape. In my opinion, Ford made the latest model of the Escape less appealing by making it look more like all the other CUVs on the market instead of making it stand out like the Bronco Sport. That's all.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Congrats on the new car. They should have locked in a price though for ordering. Anytime you order a vehicle the dealer should lock the price in to that days cost, and if they won’t then walk right out because they aren’t honest.
I would agree, but on the other hand they were up front in saying they won't do it, as the prices on some models, including the Bronco has fluctuated too much, causing them to loose out on adjusted sales prices. While I may not agree with that policy, I could understand where they were coming from.
I recently sold my 2020 Challenger outright to buy this Bronco. Bought it during the beginning of the pandemic. Got it at a real good price, and sold it when the used car market was hungry for used cars because the new ones were slow to get from the factory. My feeling is that these (or some) dealers lost revenue, and are gun shy from that happening to them again.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
So just for comparison, I bought my BS in January. It was a new 2022. Got it under MSRP for 40k and some change. Here is what it would be to order the exact same vehicle today. WOW.

Ford Bronco Sport Disgusted by Price Increases CFCA433D-71E6-451B-BCFA-BD17DBF13279

Rubber Ducky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought my Sport was a tad overpriced at $40k when I bought it in 2021. The main reason I went ahead and did a deal was because I knew the market was tanking. I absolutely would not buy it again today with the extra $7,500 cost, (MSRP over $47k- for less equipment!) and financing at 4-6% instead of 0% for about another $7,500. That's $15k in two years! I don't blame anyone that doesn't opt into that insanity and it sucks for people that don't have a choice.

To compare, my previous vehicle was a loaded 2006 Chevy truck for 25k. I financed about 13 at 5% which worked out to something like $1,400 in interest.
I got a '23 Badlands fully loaded for $43,500 at 3.9%. I couldn't turn down that offer, and the only reason I have a high payment is because I put very little down.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Don't blame Ford, blame the government. Inflation was 2% a couple of years ago and a gallon of gas was $2 (except in CA). What changed? Oh yeah, I remember.

admpln

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport - Badlands - Cactus Gray
I'm feeling extra lucky after reading through this thread!

I also just bought mine in January. 22 Badlands, every option. Did the build and price every few weeks to see if any ever appeared on the lot and second week of January there was one in the exact configuration I wanted just an hour away.

Had to go test drive it, didn't fully plan on buying it, but then again the sales guy didn't have to do much convincing. Got it for 42.5k when MSRP was 43.5.

Can't believe the timing ended up being so perfect.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Interesting too that they advertise a lease payment. My sales person strongly discouraged going the way of a lease. They never really explained why. I did not press it, as I was buying anyhow. I use the lease payment as leverage to get my buying payment close to it. I know a lease is a lower monthly payment than a purchase price payment, so I target that when buying. I also obtain my loan with a bank prior to buying.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Don't blame Ford, blame the government. Inflation was 2% a couple of years ago and a gallon of gas was $2 (except in CA). What changed? Oh yeah, I remember.
Hmm, what changed? I forgot.
Sponsored