Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Here are pictures of my 2006 Escape and 2022 Bronco. The design is basically identical. These are standard Faston style connectors that have been used for years. Like I said before, my Escape has endured plenty over the past 17 years and these has been the least of my worries.

There are plenty of cases of people putting decals and do-dads land such on their Bronco’s. There’s no reason anyone has to justify their decisions to people.

My main concern and why I appreciate this forum is for learning of issues that help this community. But as an old fart with a few million miles under my butt and many with hatchback and SUV vehicles, this I don’t think is really a failure waiting to happen.

Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_2699

Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_2698

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's funny that this same issue came up on the full size forum as well. I've never had one of the connections fail on the rear defroster and none of them have ever been covered before. I realize it's cheap insurance but are many people actually experiencing the connection breaking off?
I have no idea. I do know that I enjoy buying gizmos and gadgets for my BS and this was just another excuse.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here are pictures of my 2006 Escape and 2022 Bronco. The design is basically identical. These are standard Faston style connectors that have been used for years. Like I said before, my Escape has endured plenty over the past 17 years and these has been the least of my worries.

There are plenty of cases of people putting decals and do-dads land such on their Bronco’s. There’s no reason anyone has to justify their decisions to people.

My main concern and why I appreciate this forum is for learning of issues that help this community. But as an old fart with a few million miles under my butt and many with hatchback and SUV vehicles, this I don’t think is really a failure waiting to happen.

Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_2699

Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_2698
That connector looks a heck of a lot stronger than what's on the Sport.

As Meanderthal mentioned, if you are using the window opening a lot, chances are you may damage it accidently or not.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That connector looks a heck of a lot stronger than what's on the Sport.

As Meanderthal mentioned, if you are using the window opening a lot, chances are you may damage it accidently or not.
They are both basically identical. 3m’s Faston’s or some equivalent. The Escape’s solder job is definitely nicer but that was before the lead free solders. Certainly if someone catches it with taking cargo out it could be damaged. My point I was trying to make was this is the same design used for as long as I can remember and I’ve never had one fail. I’d be more concerned with catching the cable than necessarily hitting the connector but then I golf like crap so hitting things precisely isn’t my strong suit.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They are both basically identical. 3m’s Faston’s or some equivalent. The Escape’s solder job is definitely nicer but that was before the lead free solders. Certainly if someone catches it with taking cargo out it could be damaged. My point I was trying to make was this is the same design used for as long as I can remember and I’ve never had one fail. I’d be more concerned with catching the cable than necessarily hitting the connector but then I golf like crap so hitting things precisely isn’t my strong suit.
I can't look at the connector on my sport now with the covers on, but your 2nd photo of the Escape connector shows a "gusset" and it looks somewhat thicker metal compared to the sport. No coil of wire to cause issues on the escape either.

I had to bend the connector back to the correct position and it didn't take much effort to due so.

No argument on what you should or shouldn't do. I just want to keep the turds in the punch bowl to a minimum.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Did a search on here with no luck.

I remember seeing a post about covers for the rear hatch window wiring connections for the heating element.

1 in each upper corner.

I had an issue with the connector bending over and causing 1 coil to get caught between the window and the gasket.

Very hard to see with everything blacked out in that area. Caused a serious water leak into the rear area until I figured it out what was causing it.

Those connectors bend very easily by accidently getting those coiled cords caught on something or when cleaning the inside rear window.

Anyone put these on and have a link so I can purchase them?
Well, once you pointed it out I just couldn’t unsee it.
Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_3355
Ford Bronco Sport COVER FOR REAR WINDOW WIRING IMG_3354

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
FYI…

Amazon Prime Day Deal now us $11.19

SQQP Tailgate Rear Door Glass Heating Line Cover Compatible with 2021 2022 2023 Bronco/Bronco Sport(Black) https://a.co/d/eRxaS7Z
Sponsored