Bronco v. Bronco sport

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I'm still calling it a Baby Bronco.

USAFSniper5

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2921 Bronco Sport
My 2 cents is....if its not a true Bronco then why did Ford make it look, drive, and off road like the original. It's just a smaller version of the "full size". Doesn't means it's any less a Bronco. Mine did this without any mods.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco v. Bronco sport IMG_6163

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco v. Bronco sport IMG_6159

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
My 2 cents is....if its not a true Bronco then why did Ford make it look, drive, and off road like the original. It's just a smaller version of the "full size". Doesn't means it's any less a Bronco. Mine did this without any mods.

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that a stock Bronco sport badlands is more off road capable than a stock 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th generation bronco... and faster acceleration too.

Would be interesting to see an off road comparison.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS

Any chance this is the road by Switzer Lake, going up to Dunkel Hollow? Looks familiar.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that a stock Bronco sport badlands is more off road capable than a stock 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th generation bronco... and faster acceleration too.

Probably even comparable with interior space and specs. Sorry...it's a bronco. Anyone who feels differently stay in your jeep and head to the mall.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Sorry, but not a chance as far as off road capability. Acceleration, definitely but not off road capability. The Gen 1 was a true 4x4 with a two speed transfer case and locking front and rear hubs in stock form. No comparison but then why would anyone think they should be compared? Because of the name? The Gen 1 was designed for ranchers, farmers and for hunters. The only transmission when it was first introduced was a three on the tree. Most malls weren’t even around then! I’d like to see the PTO or a plow used on a Sport!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
TFL had a gen one stock Bronco briefly. They took it up their test hill that most unibody SUVs have trouble on, many won't make it. The BS also did it with ease in a later review.

The impressive thing about the early Bronco was that it was raining during that climb!. As far as I can remember that Bronco is the only small SUV they tried in the rain on that hill.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Sorry, but not a chance as far as off road capability. Acceleration, definitely but not off road capability.
While I generally agree with this, my agreement would be predicated on driver skill. I think if you took two generic drivers off the street, neither with any off-road driving experience, and put one in a Bronco Sport and the other in an original, Gen 1 Bronco, the tech in the Bronco Sport would give that driver a significant advantage in many low-traction situations.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
We own both and love both in different ways. They really are apples and oranges, the Bronco is a off road truck, the BS is a SUV, both have a place and fill a segment of the market. There are many in the Bronco forum who deride the fact that Ford called the BS a Bronco since the only thing they have in common is the name but I've always contended that it was great marketing on Ford's part, as someone said who would really run out and buy a Escape Sport? The BS is now outselling the Escape.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco v. Bronco sport 8CCA95AB-D6C7-4554-91C0-906A411BDBE9_1_105_c
Sponsored