Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It pains me somewhat to see the Bronco Sport in the same class as Kia and Buick, let alone ranked below them.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Not really impressed when twon Chevys
It pains me somewhat to see the Bronco Sport in the same class as Kia and Buick, let alone ranked below them.
Dodge ranking the highest of all is worse.
Add in 'initial quality' is the first 90 days.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
REALLY sad to see Ford brand ranked so low (23rd) and be below average.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Initial quality means very little when many defects in material and workmanship show up much later.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Initial quality means very little when many defects in material and workmanship show up much later.

I agree.

Pretty much all new cars feel solid and appear problem free.

It typically takes time for any issues to appear or for you to notice them.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
The 90 day quality period is supposed to highlight pure sloppiness in the fabrication process. Apparently Ford might have some issues to clean up there, because JD Power is a legit, unpaid, independent reviewer and they've been doing it for a long time. That being said, The "90 day period" says nothing about the quality of the engineering and the car build, as long as it was actually put together correctly at the factory. Because those failures will happen much further down the road.

Being in the top 3 for a category is a good thing. It means they are liking what they see in the numbers when it comes to the overall quality of the build (warranty repairs, recalls, TSBs, etc), in comparison with other small SUVs. And yeah, of course our BS is much nicer than a Kia Soul or Buick Enclave, and we can do more stuff with it...but JD Power is not taking that stuff into account. It's a purely numbers driven analytics.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
1. I traded in my cute little Kia Soul for my roomier more capable Bronco Sport. That they would be in the same category is hilarious.
2. I actually had to special ordered my Outer Banks in order to NOT get some of the typical features and upgraded technology that is prone to problems in the long term. I did upgrade to the Assist ++ but having improved safety features that might occasionally frustrate me is something “I can live with”
3. Lastly, and a little sadly I suppose, when I decided I was going to go with the 2023 Ford BS over the 2023 Honda CRV, I resigned myself to the fact that I was likely going to spend more time and money to keep it on the road. I’m hoping the pleasure I get from what it can do and how it looks will offset the pain if and when something breaks. 2 months in I am problem free and still smitten.

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
Interesting IAW the J.D. Power web site the consumer rating has the Buick No. 1 with 87/100, but the Ford BS is No 2 with 85/100, the Kia is third at 80/100.

Either way our new little Bronco is way up the chart. The "other" Bronco doesn't seem to be doing as well.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Today was the first time that I ever received a JD Power survey in having bought 5 new cars in my lifetime of driving. I completed it online and was surprised at the completeness of the most of the multiple choice answers, and depth and variety of the questions.
Some questions could have offered additional optional answers, for example, the questions of the Emergency Auto Braking. I drive defensively and so have never experienced it first hand.
Sponsored