Big Bend
First Name
Sankalp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You do not. Not in the Big Bend!!!

However, do you have the red bottoms at bottom? If so you can put the heated seat icons on the Home Screen of the display. Look in APIM and filter/search Seat Icons.

Also be aware IF you have them and get the icons on the Home Screen of the display, every time you turn off the BS and turn it back on the screen will ALWAYS default back to the Home Screen. Made me crazy so I took them off lol

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco ForScan Thread IMG_4811
Thank you for the advice. I do have the heated seats options/buttons. If it is going to go back to the default screen then i would leave it as it is.
Sponsored

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Thank you for the advice. I do have the heated seats options/buttons. If it is going to go back to the default screen then i would leave it as it is.
I mean it works. My ass sweated before I realized I hit the driver one accidentally while looking away when trying to press the Audio button instead lol

Last edited:

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Still need to do a ton of research before dipping my feet into the Forscan world and how to do it successfully (and back it out for warranty work). But there's one feature in particular I want and haven't found in this forum yet. Has anyone messed with the police dark car mode? I want to kill all my exterior lights.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It seems like this thread started cool, but then the things I wanted to do ended up being questionable or confusing :cwl:
  • A lot of talk about heated steering wheel in the beginning, but now seeing the Big Bend doesn't contain the heating element so it would be useless?
  • Really wanted to change the blinker flash to 5 instead of 3, but now looks like someone is saying that no longer is an option?
Is there a better thread on here or another forum for this somewhere with more information, or is our vehicle just not researched enough yet? A lot of questions with people asking how to maybe do certain things, but no solid answers.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
You "might" find some useful information in the FORScan.org forums, but it might take some time-consuming searching through it all. Cheers!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It seems like this thread started cool, but then the things I wanted to do ended up being questionable or confusing :cwl:
  • A lot of talk about heated steering wheel in the beginning, but now seeing the Big Bend doesn't contain the heating element so it would be useless?
  • Really wanted to change the blinker flash to 5 instead of 3, but now looks like someone is saying that no longer is an option?
Is there a better thread on here or another forum for this somewhere with more information, or is our vehicle just not researched enough yet? A lot of questions with people asking how to maybe do certain things, but no solid answers.
You are in the right thread and I believe FORScan items work for bronco sports.

You are correct that if the bronco sport does not contain the necessary hardware (e.g. the heated steering wheel), FORScan cannot enable when the hardware is non-existent.

You are correct that this thread is not well organized, often is cryptic and rarely do people provide step by step instructions and often leave details for the reader to figure out. Just the nature of this specific forum topic.

Backup your configuration as discussed earlier in this thread then try a simple change to make sure your FORScan setup is working for you. Good luck!!

EDIT 3/5/2024: Added 2b and items 11-14.

There probably are many more things but here are some:

1. Eliminate engine auto stop/start
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/disabled-auto-start-stop-with-forscan.3733/
Auto Start/Stop Delete (Disable) using FORscan!! Works and confirmed!
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/auto-start-stop-delete-using-forscan/

2a. Eliminate double honk when locking vehicle using keyfob

2b. Eliminate double horn beep when exiting running vehicle with the keyfob

3. Change default parameters for tire size (i.e. when tires are changed out to a different size)

Example ECU settings for:
22565R17: 2202
24565R17: 2232
Bandlands, Falken Wildtrak AT3W (245/65/17) tire circumference: 2354mm (original value 2202)

4. Change number of blinks for turn signals (e.g. from 3 to say 6 blinks)

5. Climate controls appear digitally on the 8" Display

6. Bambi Mode: keeps fog lights on when high beams come on

7. Splash Screen changed to Ford Performance

Note: for above items, Relearn PCM and AWD modules then clear the DTC codes

8. Add Bass to Rear Speakers (unknown if this works on any Bronco Sport B&O 10 speaker system)
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/more-bass-to-rear-speakers-with-forscan.7184/

9. Auto High Beam AHB Fade setting probably is in the API section:
Default: high beams come on full and off full or can be set to fade on full (takes about 2 seconds) and fade off (takes about 1 second)

10. Enable Off-Road (tilt and angle) screen on an Outer Banks. Requires the 6.5” instrument cluster screen, smaller screens won’t work.

Off-Road Instrument Cluster Screen
IPC:
720-07-02 0704 4883 < First Edition
720-07-02 0504 4881 < Outer Banks

Change 5 to 7, accept any checksum errors, write.

11. Disable autolock (prevent doors from locking when speed > 4mph is reached)

12. Disable tailgate lock when vehicle is on and in gear

13. Disable keyfob panic button horn alarm

14. Disable seatbelt beep alarm when seatbelts are not worn

Also don’t believe someone that states you can add additional GOAT modes to the non-Badlands (and non First Edition) models. That is for the full size Bronco not for the 1.5L Bronco Sport models which do not have the hardware needed for the additional GOAT modes that are on the Badlands/FE (and certain Heritage models).

Are these possible?
A. Disable Navigation in Motion

Last edited:

DAWiens

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just tried on my 2021 Bronco sport badlands with B&O and the settings are definitely different. Adjusted the rear speakers and there was a slight improvement. Has anyone else had any luck with the B&O system?

Kratz17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So let's say I change a bunch of things on my 23 BS OB and I want to reset everything to factory default but I don't remember, how can I do that 🤔?

Thanks!

CaptainNedVT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So let's say I change a bunch of things on my 23 BS OB and I want to reset everything to factory default but I don't remember, how can I do that 🤔?

Thanks!
Save all of your settings to the laptop before changing anything, then reload as necessary.

Trist0n

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport + OB Package
Just curious if anyone has looked into additional GOAT modes on non-badlands trims. There is a reasonable chance it's possible despite missing some of the hardware; the 6G bronco boys are able to do it on trims that dont have the hardware, and the Maverick guys are able to enable off-road modes with the additional traction logic for FX4 models (see https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/forscan-mod-enable-all-drive-modes-eco-sport-mud-and-snow-confirmed-working.10229/). Heck, they're able to do it on FWD hybrid models!

I know people in this thread have ticked on the option on the BS's without an effect. Do we have any thoughts about whether this is tied to the GOAT mode selector? The ranger truck guys are able to add terrain management modes by adding the buttons and enabling it in forscan (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/terrain-management-upgrade.4901/page-4).

The GOAT mode module is pretty self contained, what happens if you swap one in and enable the modes in forscan?? Obviously it's not going to magically add a locking diff, but something like trail control or some mud modes on non badlands would be interesting, since it all leans heavily on ABS magic anyway

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco ForScan Thread 1700579914285

For anyone curious, the difference in part numbers appears to be M1PZ-14B596-AA (Badlands Switch with more buttons), and M1PZ-14B596-BA (Non badlands, without buttons). The modules themselves look identical in their hookups

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if anyone has looked into additional GOAT modes on non-badlands trims. There is a reasonable chance it's possible despite missing some of the hardware; the 6G bronco boys are able to do it on trims that dont have the hardware, and the Maverick guys are able to enable off-road modes with the additional traction logic for FX4 models (see https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/forscan-mod-enable-all-drive-modes-eco-sport-mud-and-snow-confirmed-working.10229/). Heck, they're able to do it on FWD hybrid models!

I know people in this thread have ticked on the option on the BS's without an effect. Do we have any thoughts about whether this is tied to the GOAT mode selector? The ranger truck guys are able to add terrain management modes by adding the buttons and enabling it in forscan (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/terrain-management-upgrade.4901/page-4).

The GOAT mode module is pretty self contained, what happens if you swap one in and enable the modes in forscan?? Obviously it's not going to magically add a locking diff, but something like trail control or some mud modes on non badlands would be interesting

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco ForScan Thread 1700579914285
See my prior post which includes:

Also don’t believe someone that states you can add additional GOAT modes to the non-Badlands (and non First Edition) models. That is for the full size Bronco not for the 1.5L Bronco Sport models which do not have the hardware needed for the additional GOAT modes that are on the Badlands/FE (and certain Heritage models).

Trist0n

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport + OB Package
See my prior post which includes:

Yes, I saw your post but it didn't really say anything except that nobody had figured it out yet. I linked 3 separate vehicles (6G Bronco, Ranger, and Maverick) that are able to enable alternate drive modes without all the equipped hardware. It may not be possible, but it's certainly not impossible

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I saw your post but it didn't really say anything except that nobody had figured it out yet. I linked 3 separate vehicles (6G Bronco, Ranger, and Maverick) that are able to enable alternate drive modes without all the equipped hardware. It may not be possible, but it's certainly not impossible
Yep you are right, it is not impossible and there is a post about what it takes to add hardware that provide the additional GOAT modes to a bronco sport without them. I recall it’s quite involved and was more expensive than buying a Badlands but I didn’t save the link - you might be able to find the post by searching.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My question would be what are you trying to accomplish? If you don't have the hardware to utilize then enabling a mode is not the same as getting the additional capability those modes are meant to offer.
Sponsored