Bottom of Consumer Reports ratings

Keith Arias

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In the latest "Consumer Reports" the Bronco Sport ranks dead last in compact SUV reliability with a 32. The Subaru Crosstrek had a 99.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
In the latest "Consumer Reports" the Bronco Sport ranks dead last in compact SUV reliability with a 32. The Subaru Crosstrek had a 99.
Oh my...

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We shall see. All I know is that I had to replace my Crosstrek's battery after 2 years.

Last edited:

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
???

According to Consumer Reports, the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport is a recommended car with above-average reliability1. The 2022 Ford Bronco Sport has also been added to the list of recommended cars by Consumer Reports after the 2021 model proved to have above-average reliability2. The Bronco Sport is a beefier version of the Escape compact SUV that has rugged styling cues. With its increased ground clearance and shorter overhangs than the Escape, the Bronco Sport is fit for mild off-roading. The 2024 Bronco Sport is priced between $31,230 and $38,3903.

supaDean

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
This contradicts everything that I've read. If you're going to post something like this, please provide a link so others can also read it. Cheers.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Please provide a link to where you saw/read this.

SN95

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2011 Fusion, 2003 Mach 1
I just got my 2021 Big Bend back from the dealer to replace a water pump. (45k miles) It also left my wife stranded. The fuel pump and injectors had to be replaced. (15k miles?). I'd say it should be near the bottom of the list.

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
This was 2021…limited data and all.

2024, CR revised the reliability after a couple years of data collection. 2021 and 2022 received many red Xs - I can list them if you want, with 2023s showing much better reliability. Unfortunately though, that has hit the Bronco’s rating.

edit, a screenshot of the updated rating:

Ford Bronco Sport Bottom of Consumer Reports ratings IMG_1119

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

2024, CR revised the reliability after a couple years of data collection. 2021 and 2022 received many red Xs - I can list them if you want, with 2023s showing much better reliability. Unfortunately though, that has hit the Bronco’s rating.

I can't see the results as it says member only, but the google link has a bit of information before you click onto the website and get locked out...

Ford Bronco Sport Bottom of Consumer Reports ratings 1702565470146

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

With all the complaints here, I can believe it but like me, CR has always been a fan of Japanese brands..

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
There were bound to be some hiccups and issues with the BS for the first couple years. Launching a brand new model right after Covid with all the supply chain issues and bad quality control from suppliers across the board was not a recipe for reliability on every vehicle coming off the line. These publications also never distinguish between models. The 1.5L obviously has had more issues than the 2.0L in regards to recalls and such.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There were bound to be some hiccups and issues with the BS for the first couple years. Launching a brand new model right after Covid with all the supply chain issues and bad quality control from suppliers across the board was not a recipe for reliability on every vehicle coming off the line. These publications also never distinguish between models. The 1.5L obviously has had more issues than the 2.0L in regards to recalls and such.
The 1.5L will continue to be a sore spot for the model. I love the BS but hate the 1.5L. Adequate power but I just don't trust it. Fortunately, I don't do many miles per so I took the chance. Ford should have had a 2.0L option. The 2.0L makes the BS a much better vehicle. I had the 2.0L in two Lincolns and it was great.

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I take what consumer reports has to say with a grain of salt. X2 on them liking Japanese brands better.