Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Great news!

I work at a retail company. We're known for keeping our prices down and having little margins. They are pushing back on their suppliers and vendors to get their costs down. I hear they're even showing them how their raw materials have decreased in prices over the last few months and what they'll be willing to pay. They say it has saved our customers quite a bit of money.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Jeep dropped their trousers on the Gladiators, end of December they had close to 20K 2023's if not more across the country unsold. To move inventory they've been frequently flirting with 25% off MSRP. They have slowly brought out 2024s, and the 2024 builder on the site launched last week.

By the end of the week they announced that the MSRP of Gladiators would reduce across all trims.

The consumer is speaking loudly.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I wonder if Ford, GM and Stellantis can offset the UAW wage increases with enough cost savings (and productivity gains) while spending more on quality initiatives to increase quality.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
pushing back and not buying is what EVERYONE should do in situations like this...BUT...
we are a nation of "gotta have it now!" so no matter what the cost is people will buy.
status symbol
wealth
greed
etc

it will not stop. why you think companies only make "limited" amounts of something? that drives the demand (and price) up.
the questions we have to ask ourselves (and some are starting to) is
Do we really NEED it? or DO we WANT it?
it is very hard....
also not to go down a rabbit hole.....but why is the USA the most "overweight" nation in the world...?
ill leave that one here....

something i been dealing with lately with everything trying to save a penny here n there...
want vs need. i refuse to pay $1 over MSRP. ill buy used or another vehicle before i do that....

as i said above it will never stop unless people realize the "want" vs "need" debate and start to choose accordingly. (but we all know that wont happen)

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wonder if Ford, GM and Stellantis can offset the UAW wage increases with enough cost savings (and productivity gains) while spending more on quality initiatives to increase quality.
Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Traditionally the Big 2.5 don't really do well with cutting costs and increasing quality as history would show.

Fact is, these cars are incredibly complicated machines. And, when you complicate things there are more potential failure points and results in decreased longevity. I could go out to a barn in the middle of nowhere, find a mid-60s' Ford truck and with a few wrenches, some starter fluid, and fresh fuel likely start it back up after sitting for years.

Good luck on letting your Bronco Sport sit for a couple months and doing the same.

pushing back and not buying is what EVERYONE should do in situations like this...BUT...
we are a nation of "gotta have it now!" so no matter what the cost is people will buy.
status symbol
wealth
greed
etc

it will not stop. why you think companies only make "limited" amounts of something? that drives the demand (and price) up.
the questions we have to ask ourselves (and some are starting to) is
Do we really NEED it? or DO we WANT it?
it is very hard....
also not to go down a rabbit hole.....but why is the USA the most "overweight" nation in the world...?
ill leave that one here....

something i been dealing with lately with everything trying to save a penny here n there...
want vs need. i refuse to pay $1 over MSRP. ill buy used or another vehicle before i do that....

as i said above it will never stop unless people realize the "want" vs "need" debate and start to choose accordingly. (but we all know that wont happen)
Crass consumerism is what created massive wealth across the board in this country at all levels. But even it has a limit.

The only vehicle I've ever paid sticker for was the Bronco Sport. But we had to have a Heritage Limited in Yellowstone and there weren't any deals on such a limited stock item. Ford did 1966 of the color and that was that. Price you pay for exclusivity.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Gee, I wonder if the CEO of Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep is reading this?
Sponsored