Anyone pulling camper?

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Before I would buy a camper, thinking of renting off Outdoorsy. I noticed that some of the teardrops within the weight limit require a 7 pin plug, so they have brakes. Anyone have a great solution for that? I have factory tow but it’s only 4 pin.
Sponsored

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Before I would buy a camper, thinking of renting off Outdoorsy. I noticed that some of the teardrops within the weight limit require a 7 pin plug, so they have brakes. Anyone have a great solution for that? I have factory tow but it’s only 4 pin.
You can purchase a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter, but keep in mind that not only will the trailer brakes not function, the 6th (center pin) is the charge wire for the trailer battery, so it will not charge during transport. The 7th pin is for reverse lights on the trailer (if equipped).

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
You can purchase a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter, but keep in mind that not only will the trailer brakes not function, the 6th (center pin) is the charge wire for the trailer battery, so it will not charge during transport. The 7th pin is for reverse lights on the trailer (if equipped).
That sounds like the easy and cheapest route. Too bad the factory tow doesn’t come with the 7 pin and brake controller like the Maverick.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
That sounds like the easy and cheapest route. Too bad the factory tow doesn’t come with the 7 pin and brake controller like the Maverick.
It appears the Maverick also has a 2000# towing limit so I'm not sure why they are equipped with the 7-pin and brake controller. Usually trailer brakes don't come into play at that weight but I suppose small campers could take advantage of the charge wire.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It appears the Maverick also has a 2000# towing limit so I'm not sure why they are equipped with the 7-pin and brake controller. Usually trailer brakes don't come into play at that weight but I suppose small campers could take advantage of the charge wire.
The 2.0L Maverick with the 4K towing option can go up to 4000'. The package includes an integrated brake controller, upgrades to engine and transmission cooling, and lower gearing.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I used this from etrailer https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Wiring/Tow-Ready/30717.html as it uses the existing 4 pin for brakes and lights and added the 12 volt charge line up to the battery to charge my teardrop's battery. Works fine with my Curt wireless controller.
7 Pin
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? hitch01

Tampachaz

Big Bend
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
what is everyone pulling? Would like to find something that can handle 2 adults and 2 Young Kids that has a bathroom. Not many options that are light enough .
Pulling a Runaway 4x8. They make a larger version 6x8 that has plenty of room for multiple people. I use a shower/ potty tent and a porta potty. Watch your weight. These babies only come with a class II HITCH. And sway will be your undoing with an overweight camper. Only 4pin electrical, so the Bronco brakes are used to stop both.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 5C0F71FF-AE38-48B4-8A47-966258E6D003

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Glad this thread got dredged up, lots of good ultralight info in here which is what we've been looking for.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Anyone see one of these out and about?
Camp365
That looks like a really cool camper, but man I hate, hate, HATE that they don't list a price. I mean I get they probably don't like tire kickers as much as I don't like having to call someone to get a price, but at least list a ballpark number on the site.

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
That looks like a really cool camper, but man I hate, hate, HATE that they don't list a price. I mean I get they probably don't like tire kickers as much as I don't like having to call someone to get a price, but at least list a ballpark number on the site.
They are 20,000-27,000 based on features.
The B&B dealer listed on their website has a few in stock.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Wound up with this teardrop last year at 1,850+ Lbs so packing light and towing at max keeping it under 65. Does just fine in the hills but wouldn't tow it in the Rockies. Added a gauge for monitoring engine and tranny temp.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? B1-b
Sponsored